• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any fish being caught off of Park Point?

yeah that wasnt fun driving off the ice this evening. it will only get worse as more vehicles drive on it too. It wont freeze up good anytime soon either.

Cant agree more be very carefull all! It is a scary place to drive out onto right now and if you want to fish make the walk. Wait for a GOOD freeze before thinking of driving out on the bay.

As for the fishing it was slow around the point

Good luck and be careful all!

Walked out off barkers over the channel and my go to spot from a few years ago was a go back spot tonight. Another goose egg in my face. I hate that. mad

Ice firmed up a bit last night. Be careful guys! What was open water yesterday had about 1" of ice on it so it looks good but is very deep water under it.

The channel edge by the blue tower is a spot to stay away from for a while as is a spot out about 600 yards N.E of the boathouse. That spot was way spooky for me so I turned around and fished the high ground on the flats off the PP boat landing.

Wheelers are the way to go now. Im hoping for a few inches of snow so I can sled out.

That will come soon enough. I want snow to sled on man. I hate only using a sled a dozen times or so a winter.

"want snow to sled on man. I hate only using a sled a dozen times or so a winter."

Well I her you Steve But it beats walking. That is why if you have both it a wheeler and sled you can take your pick on the conditions you have. Well be safe on slippery Ice conditions and have your ice cleats on so you do not break a bone.

Anyone catching any fish off the point or further up river? It has been dead for me for about a week and a half down there with not single walleye.

Im close to giving up on the point soon...

Grits you need to get off the flats and find some deep channel edges. IE like the one in front of the Barkers Marina Condos.

I have been fishing right off of Barkers Island by the parked boat, and have had not one fish (20 FOW). Although my partner fought something the other night for about 4 miuntes only to loose it. Never seen what he had. I'll give her another try tomorrow night, but boy its been slow. Anyone else?

Jarrid get off that area and get across the channel by the red buoy just out front of the whaleback ship. Try 8-12' of water. Your in the dead sea where you are fishing.

Its good 1st ice but dies quick.

Hound32 Im glad that spot treated ya ok. I dont think you were too far off the spot on the spot. No matter ya got fish and thats what counts.

Maybe tomorrow afternoon Ill walk to it from the cheesey side?

Yea I tried in the deeper water from 15-26ft last week but still had no luck. I guess I will just have to start trying a little harder and hope that I can find some fish. Do the fish ever move farther up river this time of year? When looking for deeper water am I basically going for channel edges around the flats? There is so much water to fish down there Im not sure what to try next...

ya im not complaning lol, and i got all of them within 30 minutes. i couldnt beilieve how hard they would pound my lure. i was bringing them up 11 feet and they would smack it. ya you should be fine walking from the cheesy side......looks like you got the snow ya wanted!

Slow tonight. The fish I did get were very agressive. (4) Bite died at dark. Best bite was 4-6pm. Best bait was the firetiger jigging rap again. Second best was the Nils jigging shad with the chain cut off (Those are terrible) and a O ring and bigger treble to replace the old. At times I tipped them and others I didnt. Neither were better than the other.

The spoons just dont seem as productive the past few weeks. Maybe they are used to the smelt on the lake and the raps profile is so simular?

Cold tonight so it will lock up the ice even better. It was popping tonight.

Now if I recal walleye season on the river goes until March correct?

Steve, do you tip your jigging raps with chubs? I'm so stuck on spoons, I've got to try some of them raps. The walleye season on the river is open till March 1st.

Hound, it was nice to meet you out on the ice tonight. We took off right after you did. With all the little eyes around I'm starting to think Steve some how gave the big ones lock jaw while hes not down there smile

yeah it was nice meeting you too! yeah i didnt have a very good feeling that any bigger fish would move in so i took off. haha exactly, steve always has his ways of keepin the big fish for himself to catch lol. he talked all the big ones out of that area until monday morning, just in time for him to get back out there haha.

You guys know I talk to the walleyes right? I tel them not to bite while Im gone. I think the Mille Lacs eyes/perch got the same message as the one I gave the river eyes by accident. Fishing was poor for just about everyone. Small perch was the norm. I only got 1 worth keeping. I could have kept more if I kept the ones the size ST keeps. grin

I did get 5 walleyes. 2 of wich were about 16-17" and I kept them. I ahve never seen so many small eelpout.

steve the fish whisperer lol......so if we want to catch big ones go out tomorrow when ur out there right? lol. well outdoor ran and i told ya where the big ones arent so you gotta tell us where they are! sounds like a fair trade!

They must know Steves back in town cause they got a little bigger tonight smile. But it was pretty slow over all. I will hit it a couple more times before the season closes. May do some exploring.

Ill be out the next 3 days. If the wind stops Im going to do some swiss cheesing in that area and see if I can find some mid day eyes as well. Dont be afraid to get up on the humps in that area guys early and late. It may pay off. This weather pattern isnt in our favor right now either.

We tried the top of a hump last Sunday right at dark and smacked 9 nice ones. Today we got a few deep and when that quit we moved up to that same spot on the hump and it was dead. Just when you think you got them figured out smile

Ya go figure man. Call me later and we can make a game plan and get a few of us out there and re think what we are doing a bit. Im headed out in a bit and Ill be out tomorrow most of the day.