• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Joe

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

jigginjim

Had two guide trips this weekend, the first trip found the 8-10" walleyes and bass about the same size.  Trip two found the lots small pike and bass. We did find the rock bass, fished both east and west ends of Clearwater.  I equated much to the front, but also these are people the have done little to no fishing before. Jigging and rig fishing has normally been easy for people to catch on with. After they get the basics of a spinning reel down then we can move to casting other baits.

Several times the trips are teaching the basics, the clients have always liked learning something new.  Even the guys that have been fishing for years, pick up a few things new to add to their bag of tricks.

• Like 2

workin4bait

Slow bite still at Clearwater,was out today. I caught 5 dinky bass,3 pike and 2 walleyes,well one was only 7 inches,but I believe that it still counts. The other was just over 20 inches.

workin'

jigginjim

The nursery was really easy to find, no keeper eyes, the action was fun for the people fishing with me. We stopped at one location with a minute client had a 3lb pike on, they caught 4other fish before we went searching for the better sized walleyes.  We did try a couple different presentations, the one only not tried was to troll cranks, but they had to meet wives back at hotel- we ran out of time.

Naturboy

I took my daughter out yesterday and she caught the big fish of the day, a 31" northern on 6# test crappie rod. Both crappie and gills were small on the lake we were on and with the warm day we had they were back in the shallows. Great day out there and the parking lot was full on the last warm day.

Avid Angler

25 portables on High Island last night. I guess they are catching walleyes in the 12-19 inch range.

• Like 1

Weathertite

Great information , any idea on ice thickness ?

waterfowl101

4-5" I've been out there several times and only caught a few fish in the 13-14" range

Avid Angler

Don't be afraid to fish the shallow water in 3-4 ft. That is where I got mine. I tried some 5-6ft and got nothing. Bobber lines with minnows worked best. Avoid the crowds if possible. That shallow water spooks fish with too much commotion.  They are nice fat healthy fish. A fat 13" eats well!

Might as well try to catch them before they all become floaters in the spring and eagle food.

Good luck! Hopefully this snow doesn't mess things up.

Avid

• Like 1

mrpike1973

Avid, may I ask is it a long walk out to the walleye spots. I would like to take my mom out she can't walk to far we are not eye guys but thought we would try it. Not looking for any hot spots. Thanks Avid it's been slow around here. I just don't want to get there and find out I have to walk 1/2 a mile hee hee.

trappingaddiction

Are you finding it to be mainly a low light bite, or have they been biting during the day as well?

creepworm

There will be no less than 200 houses out there this weekend . Lol.

trappingaddiction

Most likely. It seems most years there is a rearing pond or two turning out a few fish. I would rather catch a couple eyes for a meal out of these type of lakes then the others I frequent since these aren't suppose to be consistent fisheries and will most likely winterkill every few years. On another note, does anyone catch anything besides walleyes out there?

Avid Angler

A lot of people fish on the SW corner of the island straight out from access. It is maybe a 150 yard walk. There is about 5 inches out there now with 8 inches of snow. I got bites during the day as well. The water is murky. Only see 8 inches to a foot. The lake is huge and can handle a lot of houses.  200 houses wont look so bad out there. It is probably one of the biggest lakes around.

creepworm

I guess it probably came off as me being unhappy about that. I am thrilled. It takes pressure off of other lakes and allows me to have some room to fish by myself. Hopefully the bite continues out there until the end of Walleye season.

• Like 1

Avid Angler

The rearing pond bites can be a lot of fun, but very disappointing when they freeze out. The DNR has had a lot of success with using High Island as a rearing pond. They will more than likely continue using it. In the mean time, we can fish every so often and have success. There are other fish available, but numbers aren't huge. There are crappies, perch, pike and maybe a sunfish or two, but not many.

One other pond to check out would be Round Grove Lake by Stewart. It has lots of walleyes in it and was the DNR's best pond last fall and did not freeze out.  There should be some eaters in there.

Good luck out there!

Avid

• Like 1

mrpike1973

Avid, Thanks for the report hope to get out there with mom. Thank you very much.

trappingaddiction

Thank you for the info! Hoping to make it out there for a couple hours on Friday before hitting another lake later in the day. Will post a report if I make it out.

Avid Angler

If you don't want to post results, just private message me.

Avid

Pannie snatcher
On December 30, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Avid Angler said:

The rearing pond bites can be a lot of fun, but very disappointing when they freeze out. The DNR has had a lot of success with using High Island as a rearing pond. They will more than likely continue using it. In the mean time, we can fish every so often and have success. There are other fish available, but numbers aren't huge. There are crappies, perch, pike and maybe a sunfish or two, but not many.

One other pond to check out would be Round Grove Lake by Stewart. It has lots of walleyes in it and was the DNR's best pond last fall and did not freeze out.  There should be some eaters in there.

Good luck out there!

Avid

I noticed you mentioned round grove. I have been out there a few times do you know if there has been anyone getting any size  I have only found 10-13

trappingaddiction

Did anyone make it out  over the weekend? I decided to head north so I didn't make it down there.

Edited by trappingaddiction

Avid Angler

I haven't heard anything about size from Round Grove. That size sounds right though. 2 years of growth. Should be 12-14inches.

NEANGLER

Avid, any idea if they used lake Todd just north of Hook for rearing the last year or 2? I know they have used it in the past. THX

WillieMN

anyone have any fishing reports for Eagle Lake just outside of Big Lake?

perry p

I fished Green lake adjacent to Spicer this morning. It is the most complicated lake I have ever fished. It reminds me that Washington/Stella is my favorite body of water to fish. I have a passion for smallmouth bass. It feels good to have a body of water to call home.

• Like 1

derbier122x

Went out on maple last night and this morning. We got skunked. Ok, almost. A 12" slime and 8" large mouth.

This afternoon we spent about 3 hours on Rock and killed em number wise. Nothing huge, a 16, 15, and about 30 in the 13.5-14" range. Had 2 upper 20s pike in the boat, and even a cute little 11" eye. Once the sun stayed out, it was game over.