• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

1 @ 11 and 2 @ 10. Many more that still need time to grow. The largest one had a 2" crappie in its belly. With the camera I was mostly playing keep away from the small ones. Still trying to find where the bigger ones are eating the minnows.

Crappies were biting good yesterday. The best part is even with 3 feet of ice we had the whole lake to ourselves. I just want to thank everyone for packing it in early and allowing me to enjoy a tremendous amount of peace and quiet. wink

Where's a descent bite for crappies/sunnies having trouble finding something worth staying awake for,

Sugar, Clearwater and Cedar all have been putting out pannies the last few weeks. I would think that some of the smaller lakes in the area also would be worth checking out too.

The lakes I have been on the last week have had fish in transision mode. Meaning that some will still be in the mid-winter locations, while other fish can be found near their late ice spots.

Wow, I had a blast today!! Perfect weather found the mother load and they were biting. After looking deep and not finding what I was looking for I ended up on 10 feet of water the rest of the day. Caught a walleye in about 6 ft. of water then a little deeper a 20" bass, then at 10 feet another 20 inch bass. My next move in 10 feet of water I desided to use the bank of snow left from the old road as shade in the shallow water, Bingo! Here is where the fish were at, nice perch and after about 50 or more perch I desided to try another area. Found another shaded spot in about 10 feet and this one held gills!

Not all went well, I busted my Aqua Vu case for the second time, ddropped my phone in the hole but was able to catch it and dry it off without damage, and the bleeder screw on my auger dropped off but I found it. full-44005-43891-image.jpg

full-44005-43892-image.jpg

full-44005-43893-image.jpg

full-44005-43894-image.jpg

full-44005-43895-image.jpg

I was able to fish today so I went back to the perch hole I found, they were willing to bite so I fed them. Found them in 5 - 10 feet and the impulse nymph or what ever they call it worked fine.

Of the ones I kept they were 9 - 10 1/2 inches long. full-44005-44124-image.jpg

full-44005-44125-image.jpg

Very good report, Paul. Looks like a fun spot to fish with the multi species action.

Could you please help a brother out? Noot looking for your spot... just a lake with some quality fish...

Could you please help a brother out? Noot looking for your spot... just a lake with some quality fish...

been picking up quality pannies on Clearwater , cedar and Sylvia last couple weeks !!!

Fished this afternoon for about 5 hours on Cedar Lake, wow what a bunch of little perch. Drilled a lot of holes to the right of the NW access and more straight out. Covered a lot of lake with nothing to show for. Seemed like there were about 3 or 4 groups concentrated straight out from the access a good 1/4 mile. After getting back, I was told I was on the wrong side of the lake. Needed to be on the south side....well shucky darn I guess. Ready for the boat, and slip bobber crappie fishing.

Ice fishing is over for me. I got out quite a bit in the last month. Had some success. Time to clean up the garage and get the boat home.

• 5 weeks later...

Fished 2 lakes yesterday. One lake crappies were in the shallows and I released a few nice 13 inchers. Second lake all I caught were big blue gills. The blue gills had to be fished with a fly. I ended up using a fly tied on with a bobber since my fly rod is broken. Temps have been in the mid 40's where I have been. Good luck out there!

I went out to Clearwater today and the main lake was 47 degrees while one bay I fished the surface temp was 54 degrees. Only managed 1 crappie and it was in like 12' of water. Not sure if they dropped deeper because of the high pressure but most fish I marked were between 7 & 12 feet deep. I didn't get any shallow bites and the few other boats didn't pull anything in either that I saw.

Out to lagoon on Minnie belle today..kept 8 crappies 10-11"...three back at least that many 13+...minnow and red hook was all that was needed.

I don't have the link but if you go to the DNR web sight they have a list of lakes and whether they experienced total, moderate, or light winterkill. Hope that helps.

Looking at DO readings for Jennie and Greenleaf for example it doesn't look good. The levels were low in march and definitely bordering when a die off occurs. Maybe not complete but I would have a feeling there would be some.

Not sure where you were looking Captain, but both lakes were fine. The DO readings were well above 2.0 the last time they were measured. There has been no indications of a winterkill.

Good luck this weekend!!

Avid

Avid, I thought the number where winterkill started was 4.0. My bad. I found the data likely the same place you did. In that case they should be fine. I did email the local fisheries guy (Lee) and he replied there were no findings or reports of winterkill so that is good.

I went out yesterday, but not really this area. I was in the horseshoe chain in coldspring. I got a few fish, the catfish were really biting. I did end up with one 32" pike in front of a culvert, but they really were not biting. In the evening I decided to just try for walleye off a dock on cedar, and ended up getting a small pike right as the storm was moving in. I tried a few lures in coldspring and on cedar, the 1 oz daredevle was the hot lure by far.

Thanks for the report, Sloughshark. I haven't heard of any positive reports in this area. Cedar is a decent bass lake though.

I think he is trying to say that farmers only care about themselves and could care less about helping others. Thats what I got out of it.

I think he is saying, farmers post their land to keep hunters out, but they do not post online if they are catching any fish? Maybe? Who knows?

and the winner is....HESTER ! He knows, yes he does. BTW Hester...I saw your post back in February when you told the board that (the huge crappie with coors can) Cedar Lake was "way up north and didn't have access. LMAO. Got your plowing done yet? No dis meant...just having fun until someone posts a lake that is working so I can go out there and cream em' (but nobody will, will they}.

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports