• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

Water temp was 60.6 degrees on saturday evrytime I looked down at the readout.

workin'

The water temp I saw today was around 63 degrees but the sun was shining (finally).

Had a slow start to the morning with not much happening but then around 10am it turned on and ended up with around 14 walleye, although they were smaller than last week. Most in the 14-15" area with a couple 18-19". Probably missed just as many with only a chunk of crawler left on the hook when I reeled up until I got a better feel for how they were taking it.

I was using the same thing as last week...crawler on a Lindy in about 11 FOW. They were concentrated on a little spot only 50-75 yds long on the inside of a turn. If you went any further in either direction there was nothing.

I was hoping to take my daughter but my wife said its too cold so I guess I'm going by myself grin. Will report back tonight if successful.

Like Limit reported on sunday I too seen temps at 63 degrees. I told dad the crappies should be in thier spawning spots,so we went to that area of the lake and sure enough there they were. The fish were in 1-3 feet of water and those male were so black.

workin'

Well, I never did make it out yesterday. My wife said there was something wrong with the truck and that, being our only vehicle, kind of takes precedence over fishing sadly. What an end to a beautiful weekend....that could have been spent fishing....

It is a good time to be a fisherman right now. All species are smacking on most of the area lakes! Need to get out and enjoy it!! The warm weather will eventually slow things down if it ever warms this summer.

I am having success as well.

Avid

Fished clear water last week and did well on Walleye and sunfish. Cant believe how many rock bass are out there. They fight like a walleye so you are excited then dissapointed. Bet I caught over 100 of them on Wednesday.

Hit the lake this morning and pretty much the same story although it was a bit slower. Got three walleye with two over 20" and a couple of decent pike. Searched around and tried some different presentations but really couldn't get anything to go later in the morning.

I fished on cedar on saturday, and did pretty well. I ended up with 6 northern pike and a bass (I rarely catch way more pike than bass). I found scattered cabbage beds around that were holding tons of small pike that extend from about 10' from shore, until the water is about 10' deep. The weedline around the whole lake is 10'-11'. They would not touch any bigger lures or rattling lures, but a dives-to 6', daredevlette, and my smallest shad rap worked great. The dives-to caught 3 pike casting, and the biggest, about 3 1/2 pounds, trolling. I caught two trolling and you had to be going faster than 3 mph for a bite. The water in the areas I fished was clear, however louder colors like firetiger seemed to be the best. I have a feeling the water is too warm for the big girls at 62 degrees, however there may be some still hiding in the shallow weeds. While nothing hit big lures, they would gobble a large sucker. I got the smallest pike (guessing about 12") on a 8" sucker, and he had it swallowed. They slammed baits, and swallowed them quick. When using circle hooks, that usually are flawless, I found I had to just barely hook the sucker under the skin, otherwise these pike were too small for the hook to pull out of the bait, and into the pikes mouth.

I got a late start,so I stayed close to home. The first spot was fishless. On to the next spot,within 5 minutes I caught a 23" walleye[released].I worked the area for another 50 minutes and caught a 18"and 17" walleye and missed 3 others. I then went to try spot #3.The first fish I caught was a 34" pike followed by a 18.5" bass.After catching that fish I just worked down the shoreline and caught 5 bass[18.25",16",14"'12",10"] and 1 more pike[26"].

The strange thing was the first fish of every species I caught was the largest for the evening and everyone after that was smaller than the one before.It got dark I headed home,but for a 2 and 3/4 hour trip I was pleased with the results.

workin'

Buzz baits were doing great for bass yesterday, and the dives-to is a great lure right now. The pike seem lazy, and only hit slower moving things. Spoons are not producing at all right now.

Any advice for Clearwater? Going out Friday and have never fished it before. Brother rented a cabin on the West side just wondering what to look for while fishing Walleye. Specifics are not necessary, just a nudge in the right direction would be nice. Thanks

Got a slow start this morning and spent 2 1/2 hours on the lake. Managed two base, one of each flavor. It was a pleasant day out.

Power Cranking weed flats 4 to 8 feet deep has put a bunch of bass in the boat for me in the last 10 days.

The key is getting the crankbait hung in the thicker weeds and double pumping the rod to rip the bait free.

Using 15lb flourocarbon with a Clackin Crank 74 and the bait will suspend after being ripped fron the weeds. I reel up the slack caused by rippin the bait and the fish freight train the bait once it starts moving.

Fished with HSOer Juan Grande on Sunday and utilized this technique along with SK Ochos and All Terrain Stix on Wacky Jigs with great results.

the bass are going good but the pike slow lot of little snakes

Any big pike that were hanging in shallow have moved out now. I'm going to try 15'-25' tomorrow.

Good luck to you and let us know how it goes! Hopefully the weather will cooperate for you.

I went to pearl lake as someone at work told me they had caught a 37" pike there last week, but I couldn't find anything big. The lake maxes out at somewhere around 16', and there are very dense pondleaf weeds out to around 11', and there is shorter weeds all the way across. Its basically a slough. I started off out from the landing on the pondleaf weed edge, and my very first cast with a big spoon caused a fish to strike but missed the lure. Cast after cast It would follow, and sometimes try a strike and completely miss. I tried other lures, but it wanted to eat a firetiger spoon. I'm not sure if it was blind in an eye or just stupid, but my dad had a 23" pike hit his sucker and I think it was him. We caught a few others, the biggest about 4 pounds, and 2 mid size bass. For lures it was 100% spoon day, no spinnerbaits got even a nibble, no cranks (if you kept them out of the weeds), no inline spinners, only spoons especially if you let them fall and flutter. The 2 bass and the first northern were caught on suckers 3' under a bobber. Set the hook quick, or the bobber gets caught in weeds, and the fish drops the bait.

Thanks for the report Slough Shark! It's a good lake, but I think I'll put that one off til fall.

Hit both Cedar and Ramsey over the last couple of days. Been doing real good on crappies under the docks. I'd pull 3-4 out from each dock and off to the sides and then move onto the next one. Real simple - small chartreuse jig with a minnow under a bobber about 2-3' down. Just had a fish fry tonight - delicious!

I spent some time on my favorite lake today, and it was a blast. I spent about 3 hours out there, and got three nice pike. It just continues to prove to me it is the single best northern lake (for size) in wright county. All were trolling about 4 mph in 13'-15' (the weed line). In order of the pictures the first is a 29" fat 7 pound pike, the second is a skinnier 28" 5.5 pound pike, and the third is a 26.5" 4 pound pike caught in that order. Every one was on my trusty 6" firetiger Jake.

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

All three put up an incredible fight, the 7 pounder took almost 10 minutes to get in, it just refused to get netted. I'd muscle it in to net range, and it would tear off again. The jake got a nice battle scar in the rear part from it. It is absolutely covered in tooth marks and scratches, but this is a serious gouge. Very exiting day, good to see my favorite lake, will produce for years to come.

IMAG0229.jpg

Nice work! One of these days, I'll find some time again to get out and fish! It's been a crazy couple weeks around my house!

Caught crappies one after another last night on a rock pile. Managed one walleye too, but it was just under a keeper. Surface water temp was already 78 last night.

I finally had an opportunity to sneak out for a few hours this morning! It had been awhile since I'd been out so I wasn't able to drive right to the fish. Had to look a little first and found some fish at the third area I looked at.

It's crazy how fast the water temps have risen! A couple weeks ago the surface temps were hovering in the mid 60's and when I left the lake at 11:00 today it was at 76 degrees! There were quite a few people out today taking advantage of the nice morning. It was a little windy, but it worked to my advantage.

The fish I found were between 20 and 22 feet on hard bottom. Gravel and rock mix. I was after walleyes, but the Pike kept me busy today! In the few hours I was out, I caught six pike and had several break my leader. As for walleyes, I caught three. The one pictured, believe it or not, is 27.5". I couldn't get a good picture as my camera app with the timer was not functioning for some reason. I'm guessing the wind had something to do with it. The other two were right around 13" and I released them. Leeches were far better than crawlers today. I kept it simple and rigged today.

Hope everyone is able to get out and enjoy the nice weather that is predicted this weekend. I work this weekend so I may try to get out again early next week if time permits.

275_zpsfc860110.jpg

Hey all-

I know it's a tough question to ask a guy, but I'm looking to leave here shortly and camp this weekend- I can check responses on my phone though.

Any heads up on the lakes around that way, either Marion, Cedar or Belle specifically?

Coming into town for a trip this weekend and hoping to get on some fish to enjoy the weekend with a couple old buddies.

Thank you so much! Feel free to PM me as well- thanks all, very much!

-Cobber

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports