• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

tried mimmibelle this morn and a few small perch seen one sunnie and a really nice wally. Nothing worth keeping, really slowed drilled out three diffrent spots.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update and keeping this thread going. With people starting to get out again I would expect this to get moving along very shortly.

Been catching alot of panfish on area lakes, The cold front Monday and Tuesday, seems to have pushed some fish deeper. Thursday, Friday will be great to hit the water.

Those 25-35 mph winds from the SW on Thursday should make for a nice "crappie chop" on the north side of the lakes! :-D

This post has been dead for a while and my only guess is that the fish are biting. Well I should say I know they are biting. Stahls has been hot for a while now but recently has slowed down dramatically. I stopped there again tonight and you could not make them bite on anything you could throw at them. I heard Minnie Belle is also heating up on the bite as well. I haven't heard how Cedar or Belle have been doing though.

I was at Stahl's yesterday for about an hour around noon. Caught 20 crappies all about the 5 - 6 inch variety. Couldn't believe some people were keeping those. To each their own I guess.

Yeah I know what you mean. I have not caught a fish there yet worth cleaning since the lake melted. I go and fish with my kid there a lot though at least there he is almost guaranteed to catch something. ducknht post a email address and I'll shoot you a line.

I will for sunfish but not crappies. I prefer to let them grow up a little. They only get bigger if you let them. By the way it is gene not geen. smile Sorry I took a English class last semester so now I am anal about spelling errors. I really can't help it. It drives me nuts now.

Got into some nice crappies last night in the annadale area but the fish are still in the 10 ft range....too windy for today and the weather for the weekend looks crappy

Time to look to smaller lakes that are not bothered by the wind. Some have been real sleeper lakes, sunfish are good sized. Some have even large amount of crappies thou, not as big but alot of them.

ya ya, hard to type sometimes.

sometimes dinks need to be weeded out. crystal lake by waseca had major kill of dinks few years back. couple yrs later lots of nice 9in to 11in crapps. bad gene pool gone, good gene pool thrives

Dropped the boat in Maple Lake this afternoon. Trolled slowly with some tiny twister tails through the shallow stuff in the little lake, and the bay areas. 1 tiny sunfish, 2 tiny largemouth bass. Saw a few other boats putting bobbers right on the weed lines, didn't see anyone bring a fish up though.

There were also some younger dudes casting with rapalas or spinner baits or something, obviously attempting to catch something that is not in season yet.

Washington is like the dead sea right now. The pelicans came in and destroyed all the hot spots. The channel to Stella from Manuella is also dead already. And it looks like the Bay on Stella has slowed down considerably.

Panfish are being found in the shallows on many lakes around the area. Minnows being the main bait of choice. Small jigs tip with minnows have been catching crappies in deeper water. Waxies and maggies also catching several sunfish.

Anyone have a temp read off Pulaski yet? I was on Eagle and it was over 57.

If I recall correctly it was 47 on Pulaski and 54 on Little Pulaski on Saturday.

Does anything good ever come out of Eagle? Any suggestions of good spots?

I was out on Rock lake for 4 hours or so yesterday. I couldn't find a decent crappie/panfish for anything. I fished the entire lake except for the 20+ foot holes. It was just to windy to get out in the main lake for my taste. Everywhere I went I had more bass then I could care to take off my hook. I saw one guy catching tiny tiny tiny sunfish (I'm talking bare hook and 1/8th earthworm bait sized. too small to take a minnow). He was keeping them and commented to someone from shore "catching some eaters" to each his own I suppose.

Water was 58-61

I was out last night with my dad and it was very slow and very windy. My dad missed 4 or 5 fish while i didn't even get a bite. We only saw one fish caught but they threw it back. I'll probably go back out tonight again and try a new spot.

Did anyone else have any luck at midnight?

I was out on opener night ,cold !! no bites. next night cold ,caught one 3/4 LB walleye. still early in season its just going to get better if it would WARM up!!!!!

We got out at about 1:30 and only caught rock bass and northern. We missed a half dozen or so too. We didn't get our first walleye until it started getting lighter outside.

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  
    • jim curlee
      I had a guy hit me with a lightly used 1969 BAR, he wanted $1650 with an older Leupold scope. More than I think they are worth, I made an offer, he declined end of story.   You know if you look at the old brochures, a grade II BAR sold for $250 in the late 60s, $1650 would be a good return on your investment.    Why would anybody want a 50 year old gun, they are heavy, have wood stocks, and blued metal.  I guess mainly to keep their gun safes glued to the floor. lol   You can probably buy a stainless rifle that you never have to clean, with a synthetic stock you never have to refinish, is as light as a feather, and for half as much money, perfect.   I'm too old for a youth gun, although I've shrunk enough that it would probably fit. lol   No Ruger 10/44s.   Jim      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.