• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
coombia21

has anyone been to fish lake in hennipen co

coombia21

where are you fishing, what depth, andone what

fishlakeman

very tough lake to figure out. I should know, I've lived a quarter mile from it since I was born. Open water is a breeze, but ice fishing is a different story. Never a 100% consistent spot. It takes a lot of holes and moving around to discover the pattern for that particular year. Had one pattern that lasted on the crappies for 3 years straight, but thats dried up the past couple.

Pike on tipups with suckerminnows are always a good bet on the weedlines in the swimmingbeach bay. This time a year I'd set em in 20 ft, with the sucker 5 ft off the bottom. Your on your own with the crappies. The spots out there are few, but definately worth the work you put into them.

coombia21

i had a buddy that that got limits spearing yesterday but i want to go for panfish

5and11raiders

Coombia,

I live a couple blocks from Fish Lake and have always had luck in the summer along the weedlines fishing for bass. There are two major dropoffs in the bay next to the park exit that I've been told is decent for crappies. I think you have to fish fairly deep though- over 30FOW.

Juan Grande

How do you guys fish it in the summer? Do you work the weedlines with platics and cranks? How deep do the weed go?

fishlakeman

weedline is at 10-12 ft. Trolling cranks is very effective for northerns, and you pick up quite a few bass along the way. For hog bass I usually have one guy tossing a topwater into the pads, and one using a texas-rigged worm working the weedline. It's a very effective presentation. In mid summer I've trolled deep diving cranks in the 25 ft of water range for some of the bigger metro northerns I've caught.