• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bite near Spirt Island?

fisherman27

I was up with a large group staying out of KJ's houses on the end of Anderson Reef. 10 people over three days dozen perch no bigger then 4" and two eel pout all less then 12". KJ has houses around Spirit and he said same results out around the island. It was slow and he said had been slow all year around Anderson's and Spirit. I had talked to some groups that went out to the flats with sleds and did alright as long as you moved a lot.

I was near spirit island on the reef all weekend last week and was able to get 1 fish it was my only bite. it was very slow, no one I talked to caught anyhting except small perch. i think the bite has been bad out there all year. hopefully it picks up. The flats have been good from what i have heard.

We are going out of KJ's tomorrow. Are the houses nice? We have been using Lyback's and were very pleased with the houses and service. We are trying a change to hope to get some fish. Has it been any better out of KJ's lately?

The fishing has been pretty bad this year out on Anderson's reef and around spirit. If you have a portable bring that with so you can get away from the crowds to find some fish. KJ's houses are nice and he does a decent job checking on you. The houses are usually on the end of Anderson's reef or around the island.