• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishin58

Happier times ahead!

fishin58

RRV sportsman show is March 5-8th. Always look forward to that. Who else will be there? Anybody want my free snoose!

forcedtowork

Satter,

I am headed to Ottertail this weekend, staying at Barky's. You going to be out there this weekend. E-mail me if you want at [email protected]

fishin58

I found a good deal on a rod and reel from an iowa distributor on the top level. There is a 3d shoot upstairs. I believe it is 15 bucks to shoot. Other then that a lot of the same. Free chew as always!

Cicada

Heading over tommorrow. Now that I have no job, I have time to go.

perch_destroyer

May see you guys there, I jut got off work and will be heading there when I wake up today (Saturday), can't wait, I always renew my outdoor news subscrib every year and get a free hat, gotta get the pink one this year for the wife, lol, happier times, you are correct fisher58, later....

perch_destroyer

Can anybody confirm, I can't remember, do they sell cold, anheuser-busch pop there? just would assume that they do...

Ray1

I know they sell beer there i just not sure of the brands.

spreadhead

no bush but they have miller and bud had a few yesterday

perch_destroyer

very nice, it was Miller, not too shabby.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• VermilionGold
      That’s interesting.  I had not seen one either since we got our cabin in 2013, then caught this one on my webcam a few weeks ago.
    • CigarGuy
      This is the first one that we've seen in the six years that I've been up here. This was a few weeks ago at a my neighbors man cave in the woods behind our place.
    • smurfy
      We have 3 in our group of 5 that hunt that permit area also. I heard somewhere in the vicinity of Sept 26th was when some where notified.
    • Sherman
      I have 18 mallard decoys. 15 regular size and 3 super magnum size. 9 drakes and 9 hens. They all are rigged with lines/weights and carry mesh bag. Asking $35 or B/O. Located in St. Paul.
    • tarpon6
      Not sure how common bear sightings are on the lake but I spotted this guy on the South Shore of Pine Island getting a drink. This is now my phone wallpaper. I've seen lots of bears but this was my first Minnesota bear.
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Celena
      I bought a couple Okuma Magda Pro 20DX line counters. They have worked great with a couple 7ft ugly sticks for planer board rods, and some 8ft 6in okuma dipsy rods. I was just wondering when it comes to line counters what do most of you use?
    • Rick
      DNR commissioner celebrates benefits of three key measures from 1969 legislation Fifty years ago, the Minnesota Legislature ensured better land management and conservation through three key conservation measures. The Shoreland Protection Act, Floodplain Management Act, and legislation authorizing scientific and natural areas were all signed into law in 1969 by Gov. Harold LeVander.  At that time, most lake properties consisted of relatively tiny seasonal cabins built close to the water on small lots in a relatively natural state. Many Minnesota cities routinely suffered extensive flooding, endangering residents and causing massive economic losses. There was no broad program or legislation in place to protect natural landscapes in the state. Fifty years later, shoreland management protections benefit both lakes and lake users. These measures have proven to be particularly important as large year-round lake homes and lawns, brick or stone hardscaping, and large docks and powerful boats have become common. While some communities still experience negative impacts from flooding, those that have undertaken flood risk reduction projects have fared relatively well, even with today’s more frequent and extreme rainfall events. Scientific and natural areas protect native habitat and unique geologic features through a combination of private land purchases, land and money donations, leases from organizations like the Nature Conservancy, conservation easements and agreements with local governments. “Minnesota leaders had tremendous foresight in enacting these measures fifty years ago, and all Minnesotans have reaped the benefits,” said DNR Commissioner Sarah Strommen. “Now, it’s our responsibility to build on the foundation these programs have provided as we manage our natural resources for the future.” More information is available on the DNR website about how to protect shorelands, how communities can reduce flood risks, and how everyone can enjoy and enhance Minnesota’s scientific and natural areas. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • srj
      Quiet place, this is...…...there are a lot of fish not far off the south shore. Sure hope that leads to a great fall bite and winter season. 26 - 28' was my best depth Sun/Mon with a jig and shiner. Nice fish too. At least when I was on the lake this summer, I never saw a water temp over 69 degrees. A first for me. No algae blooms either, although on Sunday when the wind stopped, there was a bit of algae coming to the surface but not a "bloom". All in all, a much better summer on the south side. Good luck
    • Hoey
      Was out fishing this past weekend, Saturday and Sunday.  The fall bite is on.  Fish are stacking around the reefs and along shore line breaks.  Jigging with frozen shinners or fatheads is the method of choice.    Saturday the weather was beautiful in the morning, we put in around 1030am and the clouds rolled in with some light rain.  We fished a lot of areas along the south shore, marked many fish, but they were not feeding.  Headed in around 230pm as we need to prep for the barn dance.  As soon we got back to the cabin, the skies cleared and it was a very nice evening.     Sunday we got out late again and finally found fish in the last two hours in 8 to 12 feet along some shore structure, filled our limit of nice 16 to 19 inchers, and headed in around 4pm.  The weather was fabulous.     Our next outing is in a couple of weeks to fill the winter water tank and other winter prep, and of course - hope we get some nicer weather as well for fishing.