• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bob Pike

Buffalo Lake fishing contest on Feb 7th, 2009

Bob Pike

Jaycees are putting a fishing contest on Buffalo lake on Saturday (2/7/2009). Contest is from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm.

I have donated several ice fishing prizes for the Jaycee to give out as door prizes.

I will also be selling bait and some "limited tackle" on the lake for the contest.

Hope to see ya out there.

BartmanMN

Couldn't ask for a better day for it.

walleyeking19

I should be there

Bigslugger

What is the contest "Fish"?

How much is the cost for entry?

Is it a certain portion of the lake, houses or no houses?

jiggin sibs

$5.00

Bob Pike

I have been told fishhouses will be allowed. $5.00 entry fee.

Have fun.

tsande00

I'll be out there with my brother-in-law, his buddies, and a buddy from work. Might bring the youngster, haven't decided.

After last weekend's tourney on Beebe, I be there are a lot of fishermen trying to redeem themselves. (like me)

sport800

Is there a specifc area of the lake that a person has to fish?

jaydog

how much $ to enter dose it cost money to sale tackle there ?

Bob Pike

The DNR stopped in my bait shop and told me I could not sell minnows on the lake. Sorry, I tried.

jigginjim

Bob, what if you call it donation, for bait?

walleyeking19

how did the tournament go??? What was the biggest fish?

jigginjim

What did they have as prizes? Grand daughters birthday party was more important than fishing contest for me.

tsande00

I think the biggest fish was a 15 pound northern (give or take), second was another decent Northern (8 lbs?), and 3rd was a 5 pound bass. Another guy, who I went to school with several years ago got a prize for most panfish. (caught his limit of crappies)

1st place was a new auger, second place was a Eskimo quick flip 2 portable flip-over fishhouse. Gave away a lot of cash prizes as well. Nicely done, had a good time. It was nice to be able to use a portable on such a windy day.

fishersofmen

tsande00 was there a lot of people out there? Didn't seem like it when I drove by a little before start time. Gas station said they weren't that busy either.

tsande00

tsande00 was there a lot of people out there? Didn't seem like it when I drove by a little before start time. Gas station said they weren't that busy either.

It was hard to tell because of the vast area setup for the tournament. Hard to know who was fishing the tournament and who was just out there to fish (a lot of perms that looked like they had been out there for a long time).

I would guess much fewer than 500 people there, but I could be way off. Seemed like there was way more participating in the Beebe lake tourney. Probably only 100 standing around afterwards waiting for the prizes to be named.

Somebody else correct me if I'm wrong.

fishersofmen

Yea I heard maple lakes got a better turn out as well, but they were giving away an ice castle too.