• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was out on the East end today. The road out of Stuntz Bay is all messed up. Somebody must have drove thru deep slush which is now partially refrozen, looks like a lava field. Two really bad spots, one 25 yards after you drive on, and the other about 1/3 of a mile out. Did't see anyone out driving a truck. I was on a sled and saw two other sleds. Looks like the roads are the only slushy spots, if you can find a way to get on and avoid the roads you should be able to drive around. 3-6 inches of snow on top of frozen slush on top of lots of ice.

Was out of shamrock today... had a vehicle get stuck in double ice that I was able to drive my truck through last week. 20 feet away was solid and had no problem driving on it. Couple slushy spots but no issues. Couple walleyes and couple of perch. Beat sitting at home...

the problem with the roads is no one stays off long enuf for them to refreeze, hopefully the stunz bay firms up in a few days.. at least enuf at the beginning to re rout it

Got a house off the lake today, was real tough going found myself breaking through double ice/slush accross big bay. Only 2 or 3 real close stucks, but tracks sure help the wheeler! Otherwise there would have been NO way.

So from what I am gathering it doesn't seem very plausible that I could drive my SUV on Vermilion this weekend? Kinda concerned. now after reading some of these posts

Just watch it out there. Wife drove out to a fish house this afternoon and dropped into some double ice. Just got off the beaten path by a few feet. The snow has settled down so you can drive most anywhere but I would suggest taking some blocking and a high lift jack if you plan on driving off the beaten path.