• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
myke34

zipple first timer

myke34

Heading up this thursday, hows the bite? Never been up to LOTW so looking forword to a great time. Going out of zipple bay any help on lure and bait sugestions

mnhunter 3815

well the bite has been picking up slowly.they have been doing decent out in 30ft.catching some nice eyes and saugers.as for lure choice pink,gold and pink,gold.plain hooks worked well also.frozen shiners and chubs.live shiners of you can find some.the dead stick was better than the jig stick.as for the jigging lurethe red lindy rattler flyer worked well same for the red or green buckshot.gl and have fun on our trip.

myke34

Thank you for the tips. I will post a report sunday when we get home.

kenais

Last weekend was my first time up there. Anything gold or pink/glow worked with frozen shiners, smaller lures were better than larger. A plain glow hook with a live fathead worked well too. Most fish were caught on a dead stick 1-4" of the bottom, light jigging triggered some strikes.

Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• DRPhillips
      Hey, Oakley is one of my favorite brands, but now many suppliers of wholesale sunglasses are accessible on the Internet selling sunglasses in bulk.
    • DRPhillips
      Now, a number of different sites are available on the Internet that are selling sunglasses in bulk.
    • DRPhillips
      Hi there, Polarized sunglasses of lens color like a grey base lens with a blue mirror is the way to go or for freshwater and inshore an amber, rose or copper lens with a green mirror are lenses that can be worn. My father is also a fisherman, So, I bought wholesale sun glasses for him from some useful sites. I always prefer to buy sunglasses in bulk, as buying bulk gives a number of choices to wear and it is also affordable in cost.
    • History_Geek
      Hey Guys, I'm wondering what the water temp on the St.Croix is. I Haven't herd anything, all I know is that Catfish become inactive after it drops below 60F. I want to know if they have already become inactive, you would think we would at least have until October.    One more inquire,  anyone one know about a nice carp lake north of the metro. Most people don't like fishing for common carp, but they are a great fall fish to catch when they Get 30+ plus pounds.
    • History_Geek
      That makes sense, isn't this about  "Vermilion-Pelican Lake-Chisholm-Cook-Ely-Eveleth-Hibbing-Orr-Virginia Fishing Reports - Hunting"  
    • Bigfatbert
      Might do better with this question elsewhere .
    • History_Geek
      Hey Guys, I'm wondering what the water temp on the St.Croix is. I Haven't herd anything, all I know is that Catfish become inactive after it drops below 60F. I want to know if they have already become inactive, you would think we would at least have until October.
    • eyeguy 54
      It also make a trip south of rochester once in a while.
    • eyeguy 54
      looks nice but spendy. the rope system I bought is easy peasy and I have a bad back. just dont get one with a thin rope.
    • eyeguy 54
      HAHA! you silly guy you. Mine has done more bucks and does than that, so yes. usually 3 to 4 per year go thru the garage for myself and friends and family. mmmmmmmmmmm