• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Slimmerslammer

What Bait?

Slimmerslammer

I fished Owasso today i was using fat heads in about 8 fow not a single bit and i didn't see anything on my cam ether what am i doing wrong?

Sandmannd

Did you move around at all? Try different sized or different style lures/jig? Change up bait, fatheads, crappie minnows. eurolarva, etc. Plastics are good as well.

Jameson

How long did you fish for? Didn't see ANYTHING on the cam? If I don't see anything, anything, on the cam for the first 30 minutes of fishing it's time to pack up, move on, drill more holes and start again...

Do you drill a bunch of holes before you start fishing and check each one out with the camera? What are you seeing? Generally if I don't see any, any fishees on the cam I don't like to fish that area. Time again to pack up, move on, drill more holes and start again....

Slimmerslammer

i was out for maybe 2 hours i drilled 3 holes and nothing, how deep should i be fishing if i am fishing in 12 fow

Sandmannd

Do you have a flasher? If so drop your line to where you are marking fish or just above them. If not I fish anywhere from 6 inchs to 24 inches off the bottom. To me the key is to move every 10 to 15 minutes if you aren't catching anything.

Slimmerslammer

thanks a bunch I'm heading out in a bit so should i use shiners or should i use suckers? and I'm going to owasso but i want a real good place to go this weekend got any ideas?

south_metro_fish

Its not a matter of how deep it is a matter of finding the fish in the first place. Unless you know for a fact that later the fish are going to be there at a later point there is no point to just siting there for even an hour with your bait siting down there. In most cases when I find fish that bite later they are there in earlier anyway. You need to move around like the others have said and even talk to someone on the lake or pay attention to where others are fishing. What kind of fish you looking for too? 12 feet might be good for some fish at certain times but if there is no structure the fish probably are not going to be there. Get a lake map even if you are wanting to find your own spot look for locations and structure that fits the fish you are looking for. You have a camera use it to find the structure and the fish. It helps to have some kind of depth finder/fish finder even if it is not a vex.

Slimmerslammer

thanks a bunch I'm just really getting into ice fishing this year i want to start catching pike so ill take your advice and go pick up a lake map