• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Powerstroke

More stolen gear!!

Powerstroke

My dad had the back of his truck broken into. Stolen were an old Strikemaster Magnum III 49cc auger and a new Marcum VX-1 pro. Other rods, reels and tackle stolen too. Vehicle was locked and tonneau was locked too so please no comments about how to be prevented etc.

Of course I'll be looking in the usual places like crags, bay and the papers.....but if anyone sees any gear combos for sale or whatever.

This was taken in North Mpls near Penn and 42ave n.

[email protected]

bak2MN

Good luck on getting it back, this kinda stuff sure sucks!!

Sandmannd

Sucks to hear. Hope you get some of it back.

Cold_blood

hope you find it....its a shame people resort to doin this kind of stuff

Scott Stein

sorry to hear about the loss,hopefully you find it or at least some of it,idk why ppl have to steal it,we work hard to buy all our stuff (auger,poles,tackle) and then they steal it, to me these kind of ppl are just worthless,why not be like the rest of us and go buy ur own gear!

carnelianlake

Can't help myself on this one but leaving anything unattended in that part of town locked or not is asking for trouble.

spotchecker

Powerstroke,sorry to hear about that I was just talking to your dad about fishing last week. We work together but different shifts.The sad part of this is it's not going to get any better. Just wait till the unemployment benefits start running out with no jobs to be had. Tell bob steve says hi.

Jethro80

It seems to me that the crackheads now have a idea how much money someone can have tied up into fishing.

It is a sad era in these times.

Sorry about this terrible event. Hopefully it doesn't take any time off the water

chrismackmn

I would be very mad if I lost my stuff that way. I bet my tackle box alone has over 300 bucks with of tackle in it, not including all of my other gear. I couldn't imagine losing it all in one fell swoop. Did you check about the insurance? Comp may cover it.

JimBuck

I'd also look at some local Pawn shops in that area....this may have ran across your mind already but it's worth a shot. A lot of these thieves are pretty foolish when it comes to getting rid of stolen merchandise and will do anything to turn a quick dollar. I had a similar experience back in college and the guy ended up dumping my stuff and at least 4-5 other peoples stuff at various pawn shops in the area. Good luck recovering.

Juice88

My garage just got popped on Monday. I lost about $1500 worth of tools and fishing gear. Ice fishing and open water gear. I know a cop who took down my information. He has a program that emails him if anything that I've described to him shows up at a pawn shop. I guess we'll see what happens. Good luck!

Powerstroke

Steve I will tell him HI.

LIke I said it was broken in to, not laying in the driveway.

Fortunately he made a police report which all get posted at the pawn shops. A couple of them have been pretty good about it. I doubt it will turn up but you never know. Thanks for the kind words.