• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
keyks42

Birch by Big Lake

keyks42

Has anybody ever fished this lake? Is this worth trying for a couple of hours one evening?

Thanks

Mark

MNHuntress

lots of small stuff (if I'm thinking of the right lake) would be a great lake to have a picnic by

Busdrivers33

I have fished it before, it is worth it if you have kids that want to fish, but thats about it. Alot of crappies in there, however, you will be lucky to catch anything over 6". 3 of us fished there last year 1 afternoon and probably caught 60 crappies, but not 1 was a eater. So like I said, a good lake to bring kids to.

Also, when we were out there last year, the people next to us pulled a 14 1/2" crappie out of the lake. But that is all I have seen for size.

Hope this helps,

Bus

HockeyFisherman17

I live right by birch lake. There is one hole on it that is about 15ft deep straight out from the landing. I used to walk there and fish before I got my liscense and always caught very small crappies all day but I don't recomend it if your trying to catch anything with size. In the summer you can get quite a few northerns though.

Good Luck,

Hockey

DrKen

Beware, Birch has a aerator in operation, please, pay attention to the Thin Ice signs around it. Bad time of year to go swimming.