• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fish Addictt

Lower Sucker Lake Fishing Reports - Bemidji - Grand Rapids MN

Fish Addictt

Just want to now if there driving on the lake yet?Was up there the 1'st of the year & it was snow mobiles only.Also checked out portage lake at that time & Iowana Beach had lots of slush out on the lake.Any info will help.

jigglestick

a friend went out there last weekend with his pickup and near didn't get off. the other trucks that went with him couldn't make it out onto the lake. he didn't reach the area he wanted to get to and only caught little perch where he did make it to.

I wouldn't mind getting out there, but it sounds pretty much like a pain in the arse.

Fish Addictt

Thanks for the info jigglestick.Look like i need my snow mo. to get out there. Going to be nice this weekend.Maybe go thusday.

jigglestick

your welcome. that sounds like a good plan of attack for most any lake right now.

good luck!

john c Larson

Anyone got any tips on a good crappie lake around the hibbing area?

Fish Addictt

Has anyone been out there lately? Guessing there's not much snow left?

Fish Addictt

Stop out there on sunday.Was able to get out for a hour or two. not the best fishing i've had out there,But got a couple of nice fish. There was a big hatch or something going on the vex just lit up at sun down. Hope to get up there again soon.Good luck fishing!

bluehat28

I was on It too,from Saturday At about 6pm to Monday at 9am.Did OK caught 9 crappies for 2 guys also got 972,313,568 really small perch and 2 good sized northerns(realeased). I saw alot of old holes drilled and drilled alot myself. Was kinda cool to be out on Sunday night with out anyone on the lake,stars all the way to the ground.I also bent the axle on the fish house on the way off the lake.

Fish Addictt

Sorry to hear you got a bent axle. Hope it's an easy fix. Me and a couple of bud's are going back up on 3/6 to the 8th.Hope the access is better then. And yes a ton of SMALL perch! Drove me crazy the first hour out. Next time I'll tray to fish in shallow do some hole jumping.How deep of water where you in? Just wondering. We where in 23ft.

bluehat28

The house was in 20ft,and thats were the crappies were caught. We fished hard on Sunday, drilled holes from 6 to 35ft. Little perch everywhere. Please post after your trip as the bent axle has put a end to my over night trips for the year.Thanks Bluehat

Fish Addictt

has someone been out on the open water here?

Fish Addictt

come on guy's one of the best pan fish lake's in the state and no one is fishing it!

Fish Addictt

just wondering if somebodys been out here yet.

Fish Addictt

Monster Crappies!!! Last week.Ya thats right!

thatoneguy

Not much action the last couple times a friend of mine was out on Lower Sucker. As is typical of crappie lakes, she says, it had a good bite for a couple of years, and people insisted on hauling buckets of fish out, and now it will take a few years for the lake to recover.

CapBruDude

I haven't fished this lake since about 2008, my Sr. year x2 at Bemidji. It was always that little secret no one knew about and i have kept it that way since moving back to the cities, but i would like to get back up there and try it again. I remember the accsess was a little rough come winter time and the spot we fished was a ways out there. It was around the 30' mark if I remember correctly. Not to sure it was within walking distance or maybe it way...it's been awhile. I was thinking about heading up to Red Lake this weekend to try my luck at the early walleye bite and I would love to hit up the good ol' crappie factory, known as Lower Sucker.

How is the ice up there and is anyone driving out on the lakes yet?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Chris mo
      so i booked my first trip to mille lacs for a week on the southern portion in september for my pike fishing trip with my wife and dog. we agreed that we would try smaller lakes in the future and we actually went bigger!! 😀🙄 man that's a big (almost) round lake. i'm not asking for secret spots, but a push in the right direction please. i will look at my navionics this week and see how it looks but do i just go out and find some points or maybe work the backs of the bays? shallow or deep in mid september? i would think that first i would need to find some weeds. i always think weeds and pike. from looking at satellite pics it's hard for me to tell weeds or any other type of structure. any of your suggestions would really be helpful.  i know it's not rocket science to catch pike but any time that I could save looking would be a great help. you have all been really kind. thank you all! chris
    • chucker1101
      Tale of two days this last weekend. On Saturday, couldn't pull a fish out of the lake. On Sunday, had a four fish walleye limit by 11am, with a bonus perch as well.   Graphed fish on Saturday, just couldn't get 'em to move. On Sunday, went back and no fish to be found. Decided to get out of my comfort zone, so i started working spots that i hadn't been to in two years or more. 2nd spot i tried had 'em stacked. Not huge, but consistent 12-15". Good size to keep.   My take-away was get out and try some spots you haven't been to in a while.
    • imhatz
      Rick where is Elephant lake ? I have been going to Sand Point and Crane since 1983. We fish mainly in Sand Point ...Staeges, Grassy and Browns. We are tenting at Jensen site.
    • Wheezy Outdoors
      The sweltering heat, high humidity values, and intermittent thunderstorms have certainly provided some challenges for anglers but even as we enter the dogdays of summer the fish are still on the chow! As we all know there is never any shortage of action when one sets out to target Bass. Smallmouth Bass can be found along the deep weed lines, rocks, and sunken humps. Try using a Drop-Shot Rig tipped with a Leech. Largemouth on the other hand can be found working the weeds inside and outside the lines using Tubes, Spinner Baits, and Carolina Rigs. In the early morning, try working docks, shoreline structure and swimming platforms next to sharp drop-offs. Of course, usually by this time of year we have shifted our focus to chasing Large Slab Crappies. The weed beds are holding large numbers of both Crappies and Sunfish. Pay especially close attention to the cabbage along deeper drop-offs. Slip-Bobbers using live bait or plastics, Small Swim Baits, Spinners, Beetle Spins are all working well, these buggers have been hungry!! The Walleye bite is also one that has yet to relinquish to the torrid, humid conditions. A lot of techniques have still been producing good numbers of fish. Anything from pulling Spinners in the weeds, Lindy Rigs, Slip-Bobbers, jigs tipped with Leeches, Crawlers or Chubs… Cranks, Shiver Minnows and the list goes on!! It really is Dealer’s Choice it seems, trolling Cranks on the mid-lake flats has been best toward the evening hours until after dark, Spinners have been enticing them during the mid-day, as well as jigging raps for the walleye found out over the deep structure. -Cheers! Alice Wiese Wheezy Outdoors 218-275-7525  
    • Wheezy Outdoors
      The sweltering heat, high humidity values, and intermittent thunderstorms have certainly provided some challenges for anglers but even as we enter the dogdays of summer the fish are still on the chow! As we all know there is never any shortage of action when one sets out to target Bass. Smallmouth Bass can be found along the deep weed lines, rocks, and sunken humps. Try using a Drop-Shot Rig tipped with a Leech. Largemouth on the other hand can be found working the weeds inside and outside the lines using Tubes, Spinner Baits, and Carolina Rigs. In the early morning, try working docks, shoreline structure and swimming platforms next to sharp drop-offs. Of course, usually by this time of year we have shifted our focus to chasing Large Slab Crappies. The weed beds are holding large numbers of both Crappies and Sunfish. Pay especially close attention to the cabbage along deeper drop-offs. Slip-Bobbers using live bait or plastics, Small Swim Baits, Spinners, Beetle Spins are all working well, these buggers have been hungry!! The Walleye bite is also one that has yet to relinquish to the torrid, humid conditions. A lot of techniques have still been producing good numbers of fish. Anything from pulling Spinners in the weeds, Lindy Rigs, Slip-Bobbers, jigs tipped with Leeches, Crawlers or Chubs… Cranks, Shiver Minnows and the list goes on!! It really is Dealer’s Choice it seems, trolling Cranks on the mid-lake flats has been best toward the evening hours until after dark, Spinners have been enticing them during the mid-day, as well as jigging raps for the walleye found out over the deep structure. -Cheers! Alice Wiese Wheezy Outdoors 218-275-7525  
    • rumeye
      I live just off the Rum near walbo. Water high deer flies horrible. Yes good smallie and walleye when water down to normal. To high right now in my opinion.
    • delcecchi
      I wonder if there is any connection to the fact that when the dnr guys pull their seine on my beach they get 150 or so nice perch? Run up to 4 or 5 inches.   They seine at a number of places around the lake 4 times every July and have been for many years.   This is way above what I can remember as typical.  And that is without the young of the year which are still too little to show up much. 
    • james_walleye
      Wow that is ugly for sure! 
    • bassbouncer
    • TAJ
      I fished last Tuesday and Wednesday. Caught 5 walleyes in Lower WF on lindy and leach. 4 of the fish were caught within an hour on Tuesday early evening. Mornings were slow both days. Heading up again on Monday for a few days. Hopefully weather will stay stable.