• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fish Addictt

Lower Sucker Lake Fishing Reports - Bemidji - Grand Rapids MN

Fish Addictt

Just want to now if there driving on the lake yet?Was up there the 1'st of the year & it was snow mobiles only.Also checked out portage lake at that time & Iowana Beach had lots of slush out on the lake.Any info will help.

jigglestick

a friend went out there last weekend with his pickup and near didn't get off. the other trucks that went with him couldn't make it out onto the lake. he didn't reach the area he wanted to get to and only caught little perch where he did make it to.

I wouldn't mind getting out there, but it sounds pretty much like a pain in the arse.

Fish Addictt

Thanks for the info jigglestick.Look like i need my snow mo. to get out there. Going to be nice this weekend.Maybe go thusday.

jigglestick

your welcome. that sounds like a good plan of attack for most any lake right now.

good luck!

john c Larson

Anyone got any tips on a good crappie lake around the hibbing area?

Fish Addictt

Has anyone been out there lately? Guessing there's not much snow left?

Fish Addictt

Stop out there on sunday.Was able to get out for a hour or two. not the best fishing i've had out there,But got a couple of nice fish. There was a big hatch or something going on the vex just lit up at sun down. Hope to get up there again soon.Good luck fishing!

bluehat28

I was on It too,from Saturday At about 6pm to Monday at 9am.Did OK caught 9 crappies for 2 guys also got 972,313,568 really small perch and 2 good sized northerns(realeased). I saw alot of old holes drilled and drilled alot myself. Was kinda cool to be out on Sunday night with out anyone on the lake,stars all the way to the ground.I also bent the axle on the fish house on the way off the lake.

Fish Addictt

Sorry to hear you got a bent axle. Hope it's an easy fix. Me and a couple of bud's are going back up on 3/6 to the 8th.Hope the access is better then. And yes a ton of SMALL perch! Drove me crazy the first hour out. Next time I'll tray to fish in shallow do some hole jumping.How deep of water where you in? Just wondering. We where in 23ft.

bluehat28

The house was in 20ft,and thats were the crappies were caught. We fished hard on Sunday, drilled holes from 6 to 35ft. Little perch everywhere. Please post after your trip as the bent axle has put a end to my over night trips for the year.Thanks Bluehat

Fish Addictt

has someone been out on the open water here?

Fish Addictt

come on guy's one of the best pan fish lake's in the state and no one is fishing it!

Fish Addictt

just wondering if somebodys been out here yet.

Fish Addictt

Monster Crappies!!! Last week.Ya thats right!

thatoneguy

Not much action the last couple times a friend of mine was out on Lower Sucker. As is typical of crappie lakes, she says, it had a good bite for a couple of years, and people insisted on hauling buckets of fish out, and now it will take a few years for the lake to recover.

CapBruDude

I haven't fished this lake since about 2008, my Sr. year x2 at Bemidji. It was always that little secret no one knew about and i have kept it that way since moving back to the cities, but i would like to get back up there and try it again. I remember the accsess was a little rough come winter time and the spot we fished was a ways out there. It was around the 30' mark if I remember correctly. Not to sure it was within walking distance or maybe it way...it's been awhile. I was thinking about heading up to Red Lake this weekend to try my luck at the early walleye bite and I would love to hit up the good ol' crappie factory, known as Lower Sucker.

How is the ice up there and is anyone driving out on the lakes yet?