• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
SBang

Where can I catch some jumbo perches around East Central, MN??

SBang

Never really fished for perch and was just wondering which lake holds big Perches. Any tips?

DaveZman14q

Mille Lacs probably not the answer you were looking for though

JBMasterAngler

Mille lacs would be the best choice. A jumbo on any other area lake would be 8 inches frown

I've caught perch on peltier and centerville that topped out at 9 inches, but perch of any size are an oddity while fishing for sunnies and crappies.

CrappieFshr651

Yep you're not gonna find much for jumbos until you get up to Mille Lacs. You may find a 9 incher here and there, but you will not find any consistancy.

ole matty

W. Rush lake, island, unnamed lake by sandstone. They hold some nice perches. Gott to sorta through dinky to get eaters u want.

Neiko

ole matty, Where in Sandstone are you talking about? I am new to that area and am always looking for some new spots.

Fishhappy1986

lindrom lake and forest lake this year gone through a ton of little pearch 6-8in. but have acually seen two that were 10-11inches. One on lindstrom one on forest but no consistancy with big ones fun to catch though and you would think a good spot for something to try and get them perch.

hiwayman33

OleMatty I saw you mentioned W Rush, seems like a lot of guys are getting to the perch there right now. My dad is coming up this weekend and loves perch fishing. We have been trying to decide which lake to go to. Taking the wheelhouse out and any general directions for perch on W Rush? Have only fished it twice and that was early season this year. Looking for very general vicinity.

SBang

Thanks for the info guys. Appreciate the great sportsmanship ethics here on FM. Guess I'm going to hafta give Mille Lacs a shot.

JACOB09

HIWAYMAN33... i could email you a few good spots on west rush to go.

JACOB09

It depends on how big of perch you are looking for

hiwayman33

JACOB09 that would be great. [email protected]

JACOB09

you should tell me if you get the email or not and there should be a pic with it.

i am going to be going out there on thursday

ole matty

Perches r everywhere on w.rush lake. Shallow to deep hole... jig n minnow head r my nbr 1 lure. I ll be out on lake this wknd, stop by n say hi. Shldnt be hard to find only deaf guy on lake! ! smile

Neiko, the lake is east from the town. Really small lake but good panfish lake tho.

Not really many perches but decent eaters sizes.

JACOB09

mill lacs lake have been pritty slow this year for every thing.

they have to much food to eat.

real hit and miss

evinrude19

hey jocob if you could email me i would appreciate it

[email protected]

thanks

zach

JACOB09

i just did tell me if you get it or not

ole matty

Jacob, did u go out last night? If so how did u do? I ll be out on wrl tonight. Maybe north bay lookin for gators.

JACOB09

i whent out to day instead. it was a slow day but still got my limit of perch and sun fish. those are the only kind of fish i can find but crappies...

i have been looking for walleye the past few weeks but no luck

dougger222

There are some lakes in Southern Minnesota that hold nice jumbo's. Freeborn is the first that comes to mind. The lake is subject to Winter kill but from time to time it holds some foot long or better perch.

ole matty

went out last night. never catch any perch. too many eyes. the bites stopped abrutply at sunset so decide to left earlier than expected.

it was fun till i had to unstuck my own truck by myself by left it in reverse n push it till it came out of deep drifts!!!

JACOB09

how many walleyes did you get..

are getting them in deep water and mud.

sound like a fun day....

ole matty

Somewhere between 30s-40s..

Will try different spot for eyes next time I m out.

JACOB09

30s-40s

you didnt catch much

any info

[email protected]

ole matty

What kind of info your interested in? GPS coords.?