• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jigglestick,

Just wondering when you say the big island area, what area are you talking about? Just curious!

Thanks,

Jason

there is a bar out in the north central part of the lake refered to on the lakemaster maps as the big hump or big island.

it is surrounded by a lot of popular hump type destinations, adjacent to deep water.

I am not sure what it is called in the old school terms. I know lake master has screwed up the naming of zumers bar. we now have what the old timers call zumers, and the "new" zumers bar.

it would be nice if these mapping outfits would do just a wee bit of homework before they put things to press.

Jiggles ya got a hot house for me for tomorrow and fri? If so e-mail me or call me. Ya still have my cel #?

steve, the only thing hot lately is the heater.

I have a house that has been producing walleyes and perch, but not tons of either. out of two nights, there have been four fish over 20 inches iced with the biggest being 23.5.

about 8 eaters and maybe 16 big perch total, with a couple slime rockets tossed in for fun.

you thinking about staying the night in it or just day fishing?

the walleyes have been coming from late afternoon through the night and into the morning.

somebody made a good point yesterday the fishing maybe could pick up with all the freah oxygen going into the lake

nice thought will be up there early fri mornin as long as the ice stays

steve, the only thing hot lately is the heater.

I have a house that has been producing walleyes and perch, but not tons of either. out of two nights, there have been four fish over 20 inches iced with the biggest being 23.5.

about 8 eaters and maybe 16 big perch total, with a couple slime rockets tossed in for fun.

you thinking about staying the night in it or just day fishing?

the walleyes have been coming from late afternoon through the night and into the morning.

If I come up Ill stay the night on the ice then drive back Fri night. Call me on the cel.

so jigglestick you saying i wont need to bring sleds with to get off the main roads travel with trucks should be fairly easy or do able any way

that's what I'm saying. when it starts to refreeze, it will crust up a bit and there might be areas like the plow banks that might be a bit more difficult to navigate, but the lake should be at least %90 drivable by truck.

steve, you call me

Fished out of High Banks last Friday with a buddy. Fished a hump in 21 fow. Began fishing around 4pm on Friday. Caught 3 walleyes from 7pm to 8pm on Friday. Missed 1 other bite during that time that I assume was a walleye. Caught 2 that were 21” and 1 that was 16”. Released all 3.

On Saturday afternoon we went out of the Birches landing. We got stuck in the parking lot and took about an hour to dig ourselves out. Not fun. We caught about 25 perch. My buddy sat in the portable and caught about 5. I fished outside and drilled a ton of holes. I caught about 20 perch. We kept about a dozen perch and released the rest that were too small. We didn’t go out of High Banks on Saturday, because the spot I wanted to fish was closer to the Birches. Would have went out of High Banks, if I would have known that we were going to get stuck.

Coming back up twice in March for perch.

Any special bait need to be brought up for them aluminum pike? I would guess green or plastic should work well enough. Flag flying members on the lake this weekend. Hope Highbanks is well stocked.

Jigglestick, we are coming up this weekend and we have a day house at Highbanks and we are bring portables too. The ? I have is should we bring snowmobile or four wheelers to go exploring, any info would be great?

I'm thinking atv's would be very doable, then again pickups have nice heaters in the cabs and they are even more doable.

there will likely be areas where the surface water is froze over but not all the way through to the base ice yet.

that could make for some touch and go situations.

I think any snow that remains by this weekend will be rock hard and not much to lubricate the slides or kick up onto the coolers of the sleds.

Thanks for the reply Jigglestick, Trucks are plan A, Four wheelers will be plan B, and plan C will be stay put with the wifes and kids in a High Banks shack. Thank you!