• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mike8418

want to propose to my girl in fishhouse please help.

mike8418

Planning to take my girl out in A limo early evening for some fun and end up at the fishhouse at the end of the night where I would propose to her. Any help on who would have the nicest fichhouses and who could accomadate me the best for this would be much appreciated. Being its only a couple weeks a way hoping to find some openings somewhere nice yet planning on valentines. Thanks for any help just trying to make this the best I can.

TommyJ33

I would take her fishing first and propose in the fish house. Then have the limo lined up to go celebrate after you have proposed.

She might think something is funny if she sees the limo before you drop the question.

Iambjm

Do you think that she will think it is romantic? I do but some women might think it is stupid. Gee maybe you could have your wedding in Apeldoorns new monster house. laugh

Insp Gadget

You're a brave soul! Unless you know that she is a fishing/outdoors nut and that's something you share in common, I wouldn't do it that way. No way! I very much do get wanting to surprise her in a way she won't see it coming.

Valentines being one of the most romantic days of the year anyway, she see's a limo before the question and she'll know it's coming, that can be good or not so much. If I were you, I'd make plans with her casually, like it's any weekend not V day, then if you have a favorite hangout where you know she's at home, (restaurant/bar etc) get the folks there involved, maybe have them attach the ring to her dessert or tied to the stem of a champagne glass and served to her in some situation where you just add it to your normal routine, that's how you'll shock her. Then the limo etc sounds great!

Good luck!

Gary Crichton

ARE YOU PLANNING ON FISHING AT ALL........

I would do the Limo after like said b-4. Do limos drive on the ice.

G.C.

JeffB

You could put the ring on her line for the old bobber down trick, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for a large pike accepting your gift.

AceintheHole

BUMP

JBMasterAngler

Do it the day after valentine's day, she'll be more surprised then. Be very careful that you don't drop the ring down the hole.

stifler51

i agree with what ppl say tho, she better be a fishing nut before u drop something like that on her. My gf would accept it that way but she would be like ur a moron and couldnt think of any better way

tipup

I think it is a great idea!!! She must like fishing and fish houses if they are going to be in one!!! Go for it, it will be great and may be the last time you are in a fish since you are getting married!!!

bearslayer

I would get some fishing in 1st before popping the ? because your fishing days maybe over after that. j/k

Good luck

LakeDocktor

I wouldn't do it on Valentines Day. If you want to really surprise her, do it the day after. She maybe expecting it and if it doesn't happen when she thinks it will, she will be even happier when she thinks she's let down the next day. That was my plan last year, but I really couldn't wait. I had the ring for about an hour before I asked Feb 13th. She always said that she would know when I was going to ask and I couldn't surprise her. I think I surprised myself even, but don't tell her that.

Shack

Sounds very cool! cool

It sounds like you have some good idea's so far. If you want to get the A.O.K., talk with her mother first wink

Then? Who do you blame 10 years down the road when this is brought up. LOL grin

BJB

On the same side of the road as the Northern Inn, but north about 150ft, is a very nice restaurant called BeLa's. It is more of a white tablecloth bistro type of place than Carlsona. Carlsona has great food but it is a small town supper club. If you wanted to do the restaurant surprise (like the hokey GC pancake ad being run on TV these days.) I'm sure they would help you out. There is a room in back that is kind of private. The food is excellent but for ML it is spendy. Went there (BeLa's)3 or 4 times last summer. [Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

You do have to post how it turns out.

mike8418

thanks for the thoughts guys. And yes I'm sure she would love doing it at the fishhouse. She has already made it very clear to me she would like to have a wedding on the lake on some type of large party boat. Thought it woul be nice to propose at the same place we would be married on the water. My idea was sending her off to be pampeered for the day an all that like its her valentune gift then when her day was over take her to the fishhouse. She has been begging me to take her ice fishing an has never had the opportunity to be in a nice house. Still trying to figure out where to get the house at though.

TommyJ33

I proposed last summer to my gal while fishing walleyes on Tonka last year. I slipped a wine bottle with a love note (proposal) overboard, when she wasn't looking. She saw saw the bottle shortly after and shouted "Hey! look a bottle..maybe there is a note in it." She started reading the note and still had no idea it was for her. when it finally came to her and she turned to me, I already had the ring out and was on my knee.

Totally fooled her!

Paul Waldowski

mike,

Give me a call. I can help you out.

SomethingFishy*

You could check with Hunter Winfirlds (sponsor at the top of the page) They have some very nice house's.

Paul at Appledorn's could also get you taken care of properly.

fishgutz77

that's one way to find out what she's really made of now isn't it.

keyks42

great idea good luck

Mark

propster

Now why would you want to go and wreck a perfectly good fishing trip? Just kiddin' - have fun, and let us know how it turned out.

Buzzard123

You may a be a redneck if........ J/K Good luck

bak2MN

Good luck, my sister inlaw and brother inlaw got married in Jan 12 years ago on the ice by there fish house. One house to get ready the other one was set up as a bar. I had to shuttle everyone out in my pickup then shuttle them back in.It was pretty neat. Now they spend the whole month of Jan in the fish house on Mille Lacs.

bak2MN

Good luck, my sister inlaw and brother inlaw got married in Jan 12 years ago on the ice by there fish house. One house to get ready the other one was set up as a bar. I had to shuttle everyone out in my pickup then shuttle them back in.It was pretty neat. Now they spend the whole month of Jan in the fish house on Mille Lacs.