• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Brian Schack's hit vs Channing Boe

redlake

I am not sure what will happen on this one. I am pretty sure if a Sioux player had done this it would be blown way out of proportion. I am wondering what gopher fans think of this hit and if it was a cheapshot.

As for the Boe-Schack thing, I like scrums in the corners and hard hits but I don't like to see players get injured. Everyone is throwing Schack under the bus but I am not sure he was going for an injury.

He stood up for his teammate that had just been run in the back by this same player...to bad he got hurt, but you get whats comin to you! It's hockey..not girls hoops! As far as your "Susie" comment, the only reason that same action would ever get blown out of proportion is because it's been expected over the years and the media loves to overkill...thanks to the canadian nature of that program! Sue will always be known for that type of play!

I'll have to think about this one~!.. whistle

I know one thing get rid of the Face mask's and the game will clean up quick!

Quote:
He stood up for his teammate that had just been run in the back by this same player...to bad he got hurt, but you get whats comin to you! It's hockey..not girls hoops! As far as your "Susie" comment, the only reason that same action would ever get blown out of proportion is because it's been expected over the years and the media loves to overkill...thanks to the canadian nature of that program! Sue will always be known for that type of play!

if that was your son you would have thought differently. Lots of negative response on Shack on gopherpucklive. Yes he defend his teammate but he crossed the line, he should have took Boe face to face center ice. Edit* Boe is out with a broken Fibula (leg)

edit* Also its like saying what Bertuzzi did to Moore was ok because Moore "injured" Bertuzzi's teammate on a hit earlier in the game. So i'll use your quote "He stood up for his teammate that had just been run in the back by this same player...to bad he got hurt, but you get whats comin to you! It's hockey..not girls hoops!"

the two players from Mich State are suspended for the year for the retilate on a clean open ice hit and Conboy left the team.

Sticking up for teammates is admirable, but you don't keep hitting a guy when he is down on the ice...

CHEAP!

No facemasks? I think I read that somewhere else too? Why would you do that? Not a good idea IMO.

As far as your "Susie" comment, the only reason that same action would ever get blown out of proportion is because it's been expected over the years and the media loves to overkill...thanks to the canadian nature of that program! Sue will always be known for that type of play!

Wow. Wapiti. Your ignorance really shines in your powerful essay. You make me hang my head to be from Minnesota. You should go up to Canada. Get out of Minnesota. If I think any more about how stupid your comments are I am going to have an aneurysm.

Of course getting rid of the players face Shields would clean up the game instantly.

When you are leading 4-1 and run the smallest player on the ice into the boards from behind resulting in a 5 minute major and game misconduct.... You better expect to have your but kicked.

Did Shack go a bit far with it, obviously and he'll pay the price.

Also I thought the officials did a poor job in that instance. They really could have jumped in sooner but chose not to.

If ignorance is what you are into, you should go back and read some of your previous posts like I just did...until I had to stop in fear of being overwhelmed with thought provoking statements! Your witty and insightful thoughts are quite impressive...you actually remind of FM's version of Jack Handy! If nothing else I thank you for providing me a great laugh today! What points of mine are you having trouble finding sense in...let's debate them!

Originally Posted By: Wapiti
As far as your "Susie" comment, the only reason that same action would ever get blown out of proportion is because it's been expected over the years and the media loves to overkill...thanks to the canadian nature of that program! Sue will always be known for that type of play!

Wow. Wapiti. Your ignorance really shines in your powerful essay. You make me hang my head to be from Minnesota. You should go up to Canada. Get out of Minnesota. If I think any more about how stupid your comments are I am going to have an aneurysm.

I've been watching college hockey for along time and I agree with the facemask been gone. These kids are hitting up high in the face because they can. Take the mask off and the high hits will disappear. All teams are getting cheaper every year. The WCHA refs are doing nothing about most of it. They call what they can see. I've seen many Sioux/Gopher games over the years and both teams are always guilty of dirty hits. Neither team has all saints playing for them and the coaches know it.

Texas sounds good right about now!

Good points, even the youth levels are getting worse and worse in this area.

Even a half shield would help keep the sticks and wanna be toughs guys toned down.

You wont see them cheap shotting or talking smack to the Joe Finley types with no shield or mask to hide behind.

Everybody's is a hero and plays recklessly with a full face mask.

i think schack should be spended for 6 games not just for what he did to boe..... but when he jumped on the back of one of what mavs and started punching him in the back of the head when he was laying on the ice ......i am not a gopher fan but i would not want a person like this on my team !!!!

you know a bad hit is one thing ...that is why they have a box to go into but not being able to control your self and trying to hurt the other person .....there is just something wrong with that maybe i would have kicked him off the team if i was the coach and then maybe stoa would not have had a bad hit the next day ....no mavs when after stoa trying hurt him or on the other play that was kicked out of the game im glad that we don't have plays on are team like that

It appears as though most of these threads are now becoming (PierBridge if you don't mind me using your term from the other thread) clown shows!! I pheel az tho I gettin more dumbber jus bye wreading themmm??? Wow!!

You wouldn't want a guy to play for MSU that played like that.

You had/have one. Trevor Bruess. He spent sometime punching Rylan Kaip in the head while he lay on the ice and had no chance to defend himself. Well the next year Mr. Bruess got his A-- handed to him in a fair fight and wasn't so tough. Like I said earlier no team is full of angels. I don't like the Gophers but I really can't stand that whining team from Mankato. You beat the gophers, well hang up a banner for that also.

Lets tone this down a notch guys its just sports right?

Speaking of Stoa....

I thought Stoa's play was a clean check and should not have been a penalty let alone and Major and Game.

I know the referee's were trying error on the side of caution and call it tight but I thought that call was crazy.

It's not very often if at all a Gopher does something stupid like this but it happened and he'll probably be suspended and rightfully so in this case.

Red be nice!... grin

Quote:
Speaking of Stoa....

I thought Stoa's play was a clean check and should not have been a penalty let alone and Major and Game.

Penalty, IMO but not check from behind. Boarding I thought.

Quote:
i think schack should be spended for 6 games not just for what he did to boe..... but when he jumped on the back of one of what mavs and started punching him in the back of the head when he was laying on the ice

I would suspend him for the rest of the year, I don't have time for players like that on my team.

Quote:
Trevor Bruess. He spent sometime punching Rylan Kaip in the head while he lay on the ice and had no chance to defend himself. Well the next year Mr. Bruess got his A-- handed to him in a fair fight and wasn't so tough.

True that.

This is also one thing I do not like. When one is pushing/shoving/ starting a fight, then a Teammate has two players come in make it 3 on 1...just let them fight. At the 5 second mark. This is the video where Kaip was getting hit in the head to the ice like Boe.

I tried finding and see if posting a link/video was not allowed on this forum, so please remove if it is not allowed.

All I am debating Wapatiti, is that there are some good hockey players in Canada who play the game the right way. The sioux have some Canadians on the squad and the goofers don't. I don't think the "Canadian" style of hockey is dirty. It is just that your little defensemen and forwards don't like to get checked in the boards. I am sure you were just talking about the dirty Canadians on the UND team....

That hard hitting style of hockey sure worked for the Mankato State Mavricks last weekend. They opened up a 55 drum of canadian whoop a$$ and they poured in all over the gopher nation.

All I am debating Wapatiti, is that there are some good hockey players in Canada who play the game the right way. The sioux have some Canadians on the squad and the goofers don't. I don't think the "Canadian" style of hockey is dirty. It is just that your little defensemen and forwards don't like to get checked in the boards. I am sure you were just talking about the dirty Canadians on the UND team....

That hard hitting style of hockey sure worked for the Mankato

State Mavricks last weekend. They opened up a 55 drum of canadian whoop a$$ and they poured in all over the gopher nation.

lol yes we did really come out hitting but we are a really small team i I THINK we only have 2 players from up there and 2 others that are not from mn ..... i think woog would be happy that the rest are from mn

most of the time we are not a hard hitting team we use are speed we are a fast team ... are rink is really slow soft ice so teams get really beat trying to keep up on are ice ...it can be funny watching like the gophers come in on are ice they will be missing hits left and right because the slow ice

That hard hitting style of hockey sure worked for the Mankato State Mavricks last weekend. They opened up a 55 drum of canadian whoop a$$ and they poured in all over the gopher nation.

Redlake, I never once said there weren't good hockey players in Canada that play the game the "right" way, b ut just by you stating that there are some good hockey players, etc...that also means there are some on the other end of the spectrum as well, obviously. As there are in all hockey playing countries...so no debate there. If we want to just focus on US vs. Canada, there are different theories on what the best style, method, whatever you would like to call it, is in playing the game successfully. These two countries, for the most part, differ on those thoughts. Let's now bridge that to the U and the sue. You stated that the sue have "some" Canadian players, fact is their roster consists of a majority of Canadians...year in year out that is the case...with a few years there being a very slight exception! If you don't think that the chosen style of play by the sue over the years has been influenced by the fact that they consistently have a majority of Canadian players on their roster, then you my friend have ignorance spewing from your pores! They have been very successful with the type of players and type of play they have chosen to use over the years...that's not in debate either. One incident from a Gopher player where he was punching a kid after that player ran a teammate in the back and it's all we hear about...why? because it's out of character for that program! I could find so many instances over the years where that same type of incident took place and the guilty party was a sue player that now everyone just kind of expects it from them...that's just their style. 20 years ago I was privy to what went on at just the practices at und, I'm not anymore so this comment isn't current, and if people knew of those things, let's just say they would be disgusted! If you don't think that program did that by design, then we will just continue to agree to disagree...and that'll be fine. Not attempting to sway anyone here, just trying to lay it all out there. Let me know if any of this doesn't make sense to you!

I could find so many instances over the years where that same type of incident took place and the guilty party was a sue player that now everyone just kind of expects it from them...that's just their style.

It still doesn't make sense. What is wrong with having some Canadians on the team? Do you dislike Canadians? Do you have any specific incidents of "Sioux" players who cheap-shoted a player and broke their leg or injured them? None that I can remember and I have watched UND hockey since 1975. You need to have some facts to back up your bull$hit.

• 13 years later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
5 hours ago, vassapa said:

The quality of writing is the main factor in any proessaywriting com review. This service delivers custom papers on time, which is why it is so popular today. It has over 600 writers on staff and can produce original pieces within three hours of the deadline. There is also a loyalty program where you can get 5% to 15% off future orders. But, as with all other review services, this service is only as good as its writers. If you are worried that you will be disappointed with the quality of your papers, it's time to stop reading now and place your order.

Suppose all the writers are Trolls too? 🤭

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 1:39 AM, vassapa said:

The quality of writing is the main factor in any http://essaypapers.reviews/This service delivers custom papers on time, which is why it is so popular today. It has over 600 writers on staff and can produce original pieces within three hours of the deadline. There is also a loyalty program where you can get 5% to 15% off future orders. But, as with all other review services, this service is only as good as its writers. If you are worried that you will be disappointed with the quality of your papers, it's time to stop reading now and place your order.

seems spam

Edited by EdwardMendez
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
On 6/17/2022 at 8:15 AM, Vasek said:

Thanks for post 

No body cares!