• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Joe

Forest Lake-Hinckley-Lindstrom-Pine City-Rush City Fishing Reports

monstermoose78

Same for me on Green by Princeton once it got dark the fish started biting. I was marking them and only had 4 bites while the sun was up. 

fisherjmb

Was on Green by Chisago with my daughter who is 6. Like others, we marked a lot of fish but getting them to bite wasn’t easy. Did catch a fair number of bluegills and crappies but really had to coax them into biting. The bite did pick up a little as it got closer to dark though. We stayed out until about 6:30pm. My daughter didn’t want to leave but I was out of propane for my heater so it was getting a little cold so we left. Everything was mostly small but did catch a couple of decent sized crappies. Ice is thick and you could pretty much drive anywhere with 4WD. Fun time with the kid and she’s hooked on it. Already asking to go again. 

JBMasterAngler

Tried South Lindstrom today. Was able to mark some fish, but they were tight to the bottom, and would not move! Got 1 tiny perch. Was only out for a little bit, then the snow really started coming down. Talked to someone else, and they had the exact same results.

Edited by JBMasterAngler

JBMasterAngler

Got out to west rush early this morning. No slush issues while I was there, but that could be different by days end. The landing was quickly degrading in just the few hours I was there...landing on east lake is worse. Only caught 5 crappies. Schools were scattered and on the move, and fish weren’t very active. Ice was about 32 inches, which made hole hopping very difficult with an ion auger. Caught a nice sun burn on my face :blush:

Edited by JBMasterAngler
  • Thumbs Up 1

JBMasterAngler

South Center still has 33 inches of ice. No snow anywhere, so things are quite slippery now. Drove all over lake looking for fish, tried depths ranging from 5 to 40 ft. Nothing but a few little perch. Sunset point access started to open up at the shoreline towards the end of the day.

JBMasterAngler

Was on Chisago on Friday. Ice was about 33 inches, but unlike last week, the top few inches was a little softer. Access was getting beat up, but with the upcoming forecast, might very well lock back up. Only caught a few tiny sunfish.

monstermoose78

I am thinking of hitting Ann lake or knife soon if you are interested?

JBMasterAngler

I’ve been wishing and hoping to hit Mille Lacs for a few weeks now. This current blast of snow might be the nail in the coffin on those plans. As of now, not sure what this weekend holds for me.

JBMasterAngler

Went to Bone Lake today. I think I’m ready for open water, as I didn’t even want to go fishing today, but I had a lot of bait that I wanted to use up. Access was beat up, and shoreline ice was soft, but out on the lake the ice was a solid 30 inches. No slush yet either. Didn’t have too much trouble finding fish, but they did not want to bite. I was kinda’ mentally checked out, so I made very little effort in enticing them either. So I only caught 2 bluegills. Unless Mille Lacs is safe and accessible next week, today was probably my last outing of the season. Already researching trout streams for the opener.

JBMasterAngler

Fished Big Pine Lake today. Original plan was to fish the Kettle River, but the rain took care of that. I had fished big pine from shore, below the dam, years back and done well, but this was the first time I’ve ever taken a boat out there. Nice lake...looked to be about 2 feet high. Didn’t catch anything until about dinner time, when crappies started chasing schools of minnows on the west shoreline. Caught about 50 of them. I just happened to have a small twister tail that was almost an exact replica of the bait they were chasing, and that was the difference maker. My dad caught a decent pike that went after a little crappie he was reeling in. Was disappointed we didn’t find any bass, but I’d come back here again.

JBMasterAngler

Finally made it out on the ice for the first time this season! I went to Typo Lake, which in hindsight, was probably a couple weeks too late. Ice was about 12 inches. Only caught 2 white crappies. Didn’t mark anything anywhere! Talked to a couple guys, they also didn’t mark any fish, nor catch anything. So I guess, technically, my day was a success. Was nice to finally get out, get a little exercise, and find out that all my gear still works. My New Years resolution is to get out and fish ALOT more! I slacked off big time in 2018 😢

JBMasterAngler

Had a couple hours to kill today, so I went to Bone Lake. Ice cleats are a must for foot travel. Thickness was about 14 inches. Only caught a couple bluegills. Marked plenty, but they were very finicky.

TomWehler

Just 4 fun.  The ice heaves at Forest Lake beach are way cool. 

Fun to see.

They extend left n right of the launch 1/4 mile.

The power of them moving shore rock n turf back several feet is rare round here.

Some damage n take few busks n hours to fix up.

very interesting to view n hear day time.

last nite bout 10:30 sound of the mini moves the heaves made was great.

launch still being used n zero snow on any of the lake chain in Chisago area.

Fun junk - check it or them out!

keep on rocken!

T

3E370B44-91F2-4BC8-943E-C970FB4E4373.jpeg

86FCEB96-782D-464F-80BC-6DE70FAE3B5F.jpeg

24CBCB80-2540-43B9-B13A-A3F16D2F64FA.jpeg

BA38FF28-9685-4221-BCE8-F5CC0652074A.jpeg

1A5EBD73-EEA7-4123-A216-64A36CECF25D.jpeg

1CDFA910-313C-4E6B-9B2F-E99592F028AD.jpeg

BC9E6F70-E5C1-45F7-AC7B-9B271711A7A4.jpeg

752F0C21-BC50-461E-A80D-59D11165D7B1.jpeg

66C40D66-2FD7-426F-9633-5B6FB554FF3F.jpeg