• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

5 Houses Hit on Sullivan

MinnesotaMuskie

Before I start...yes I know it is risky to leave a perm out with equipment in it...

Well I have my Perm up on Sullivan...been going to move it but the bite has been pretty good. Also a friend of mine with 3 little kids has been able to make it up to fish. He has no equipment and is at a pretty low point in his life where he is not able to spend money on fishing equipment.

For this reason I have left all my rods, equipment, everything in my house for his family to use. Well last night I arrived at the house to find the locks cut off. When I opened the door expecting the worse...I found it. 14-16 rod reel combos, 2 spears, lots of tackle, all the cookware, all the tip ups, lantern, 2 batteries, and lthe list goes on.

Four other houses were hit and one house was taken. This was planned as the locks were actually cut...it appears with a large bolt cutter of some sort...they were actually sheared on all the houses.

In closing...I really hope that the worthless pieces of [PoorWordUsage] that did this to these houses really needed the equipment or the money they will get for selling the items. Due to SOB's like you, myself and my 4 kids are done for the year as our schedules with high school wrestling only allow a few trips and now we are starting form scratch. Oh yes...I really hope you enjoy using the three matching combos that have the names, Kris, Sam , & Jon burned in the handles...these were Christmas presents from the boys Grandfather 2 years ago. By the way dirtbags...Grandpa died of a heart attack on July 4th so they will not be replaced.

I need to go so I can call my buddy and tell him that he and his kids cannot go to the house anymore as now niether of have any equipment. I have vented enough...I know this is not the Christian thing to say...but it is my hope that when you are hitting your next group of houses, you hit a patch of open water, or perhaps bury your vehicle in slush and meet your demise. By cleaning the gene pool you your impact...the honest world will be much better off.

By the way...I spoke the owner of the black Ice Castle that you hit as well...We are each putting $250 into the pot for a $500 reward leading to your identification. We posted a couple signs in two of the bars up in the area. We are not looking to run you through the court system...we have other plans. There is no honor amoung thieves...I am willing to bet that someone will talk.

Sorry about the rant.

"Hunt with your kids, and you will never have to hunt for your kids."

Ted Nugent

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MinnesotaMuskie

• Sandmannd

• Dave

• Sonicrunch

"Four other houses were hit and one house was taken."

Find the house, that should be the easiest for somebody to spot, find that and you will find the thieving a-holes too.

I wish you luck!

Sorry to hear of this MM.. It breaks my heart! Keep a cool head when you do find them.. do not stoop to their level!

That sucks!!!! Just goes to show you cant leave anything in your house. If you do your asking for it!!!

I better clarify what our plans for the individuals are...it does not involve violence...I am a 49 year old desk jockey and the other guy is about 65-70.

Here is our plan, we will find out who they are...beer talk in the bars will help us out there.

What we are going to do is to take out an add in thier local papers and utilize letters to the editors to spread the news to the folks they live with on a daily basis. We also have access to free legal advice so we avoid any slander/libel issues.

Remeber the book the Scarlet Letter...there ya go...

These are miserable people with miserable lives. The fact that will continue to suffer through a miserable existence because of the way they've chosen to live their lives is probably of no satisfaction to you at this moment, but it is indeed the truth.

that sucks sorry again and good luck finding them!! Maybe get a description on the house they stole and maybe someone will spot it or even better yet a pic..

Good luck catching them. Good idea of the letter to the editor, expose these P's OS to their neighbors.

Man this sucks......especially the poles from Gpa....If you want to use some poles I have a few extra and am wrapping up my season soon anyways. LMK pick up is in Mankato and I am not sure where you are from.

Pretty sad when I guy has to cross his fingers hoping that is door is still in tack when he approches his house. Sorry about the loss.

Sorry to here of the break in. Happened to me. I have some extra tip ups and poles i'd be willing to give to you. Email me maybe we can meet or mail them. At least the kids will still be able to go. John

I don't agree with not being able to leave stuff in your house. It's your house!! Folks break into garages too. I'm really sorry to hear about this. Sucks for anyone, but in your circumstance where you are helping out another guy on his luck and then the rods from Grandpa, that's just sick. Keep us posted, I would love to hear that you get your stuff back and these scum are put away.

I do agree...you just can't leave anything in a fish house in this day and age. Only because it happend to me several years ago on Buffalo. They took everything I had in there as well. Once it happens to you, you will never leave anything in there again. The more secure your house is the more they think there is something valuable inside. They will find a way in if it means breaking windows or kicking in your door. Leave your houses unlocked with nothing inside....just my opinion. With that being said sorry about your loss Muskie, but I think you would agree with me at this point.

Pretty sad when you can't leave a few items in your house. 16 poles or one, it shouldn't matter. Also to have a whole fish house taken!!!

Good luck on finding your stuff!

"hooks"

MinnesotaMuskie: I feel for ya bud!! Our cabin was broken into a few years back and it wasn't fun. The good thing was that a few items were marked with personal inscriptions and the culprits were ultimately tracked down after selling them at pawn shops. These good-for-nothings will probably be caught ... just not as soon as you would like nor put away long enough.

Everyone: Remember to record -- and update annually -- serial numbers of anything of value you leave on the ice. Of course applies only to items with serial numbers. Otherwise, try to mark items in a unique and identifiable way. Then keep the list in a safe place (at home or with insurance agent) so you can provide the info to the police.

Thanks for all the thoughts...as I stated in my first post...I do realize the risks involved...

I built my house and have never left it on the lake overnight in over 4 years. Not making excuses...I thought the risk was minimized due to the fact the house was used at least everyother day.

I do have everything marked...I do believe they will be caught.

Stinks that this happened, and to the folks saying you can't leave anything in your house I believe you...but these dirtbags took that to the next level and just took the whole house....so that theory is kinda out the door with some folks.

MM, you don't have to go back on anything you said in your original post... people like this are what is totally wrong in this world and a big reason why it is going down the s hole. I hope you are able to get your stuff back and tell your kids a tale of maybe someone needed it more than you, I fear my children will have to take twice the measures I do.

Ozzie, by replying the way you did you are part of the problem.

I have seen a number of these posts on different sites and people say just take everything with you and leave them unlocked. Not a good idea. I used to have a permanent on skids on a lake by Chisago years ago. I kept it locked with curtains over the windows but never left anything of real value in it. One night someone broke in, all they got was two old metal folding chairs and some left over Christmas cookies. They beat on the door and the hasp until the hasp finally broke. So I thought, I'll just leave it unlocked, if someone wants to use it fine. This worked out ok for awhile, a little trash now and then but not bad. Came out there one night and somebody had trashed the place. Left cans in a couple of the holes and took a dump in a couple others. Pulled it off the lake and called it quits for the rest of the season. I would suggest you lock your door but leave the windows uncovered so they can take a quick peek in and see there is nothing in there.

We also have access to free legal advice so we avoid any slander/libel issues.

It is never slander/libel if its true. You would be safe in any court.

You would have to prove it was true, but a criminal conviction of these punks would pave that road.

Sorry to hear about your loss of your dad. I know it is hard but try to think of the good times.

As of loosing all of your personal items. I preach and preach to my kids. IF IT IS NOT YOURS DO NOT TOUCH IT!

This is totally something people of all ages are not doing.

Sorry to hear about that happening man! I hope they do find out who did it and the stuff is returned. Its sad when you cant expect go go out without finding stuff stolen. Good Luck with the search and I hope you get it all back!

Sorry to hear that Steve. Glad to see that the boys doing awsome this year (wrestling), lot better than when i came through.

Why can't we catch any of these guys. Lakes all around me have been hit, but they never seem to catch anyone. Very frustrating!!!!

I would expect they don't go out during peak hours. Probably middle of the night, when folks are either not in their house or are sleeping. Can probably tell if someone is there by the heater running. I would love to see scum breaking into a house and bust them.