• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Good fish Rick!

I decided to head out to another super pressured lake in our area to hone my skills. A lake that has seen several team orientated ice tournaments within the last few weeks, these fish have been beat to #&%! ?

Edited by Tom Sawyer
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

2 hours ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Good fish Rick!

I decided to head out to another super pressured lake in our area to hone my skills. A lake that has seen several team orientated ice tournaments within the last few weeks, these fish have been beat to #&%! ?

Was going to take some buddies out to that lake on Sunday for walleyes.... but the UPL  event is going to be happening. Lol.  Might have to try Birch?

• Yayyyy 1

47 minutes ago, Rick G said:

Was going to take some buddies out to that lake on Sunday for walleyes.... but the UPL  event is going to be happening. Lol.  Might have to try Birch?

Curious why you don’t take some time to cash a few those checks yourself?!  ?

4 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Curious why you don’t take some time to cash a few those checks yourself?!  ?

Lol... those guys fish on a whole different level. Im really not a very good fisherman... just get lucky alot??

• Yayyyy 1

9 hours ago, Rick G said:

Very good choice, the East basin has been kind ?

• I Like it 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Rick No Doubt MT,Manning ,Lutterman ,Kuehne, as many more are good fisherman but I'm sure you could hold your own with these guys. ?

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Folks, I can't say this enough... if you aren't clicking on @IceHawk and following this gentleman to be sure you see all of his reports and advice....you are missing out.

Screenshot_20200208-175350_Chrome.jpg<--- Follow Icon

Great stuff Chris.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from fishing a lake close to home fished in 9fow managed to get 5 crappies around 10 1/4" used a 1/8th oz  orange glow pinhead minnow tipped with a minnow head, also got some perch and two slimers, just picked up a ifishpro and a 36" TUCR with a okuma bait feeder reel I like the ifishpro much easier and better than usein a regular tip up, Anyone have a good recipe for pickled  fish the wife wants me to try and pickle one of the slimers I got. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Have been taking full advantage of the nice weather we have been having. Ice is holding up very well yet, what little snow that was on on the area lakes is pretty much gone. Ice cleats will be needed from here on out?

Fishing in the area has been very good as of late. The bigger pan fish are starting to make the push to the shallow live weeds, those 8-12ft depths are starting to come to life again.

20200302_191455.jpg

20200302_181828.jpg

20200303_095101.jpg

20200302_161712(0).jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 2

Hoping to get back out to the shallows here very soon. Waiting for some nice weather to return. Temps in 30s and 40s are great but seems everyday the wind is howling. Doesn’t make it super fun! 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

Temps in 30s and 40s are great but seems everyday the wind is howling. Doesn’t make it super fun! 

Don't I know it? Two weeks straight of wind with slight breaks at times. This last Sunday was crazy being on an open lake. Not fun dealing with the wind... but fish bit well, so it was tolerable, lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I was glad that I was fishing spoons rather than small tungsten jigs Sunday.  Other than about an hour the wind blew all day. 

• Wow, ❤ 1

1 hour ago, Borch said:

I was glad that I was fishing spoons rather than small tungsten jigs Sunday.  

Spoons have definitely been played quite a bit lately, along with large profiles on 5mm tungsten ?

20200223_185821.jpg.bc01d80a9e9881f8037199d314447eeb.jpg.e730f01a032255cac1afcda87f1766c6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

3 hours ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Spoons have definitely been played quite a bit lately, along with large profiles on 5mm tungsten ?

20200223_185821.jpg.bc01d80a9e9881f8037199d314447eeb.jpg.e730f01a032255cac1afcda87f1766c6.jpg

Haha.... too funny. Pic looks kinda familiar ?

• Yayyyy 3

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Tom getting caught using other peoples pics again ? ? 

• Yayyyy 3

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I recognize that stained jacket. ??

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Not trying to claim it. You guys crack me up, of course it's Rick's jacket. How in the f,,, can you mistake it ???

20200304_141957.thumb.jpg.928eae94a42d576bc2ab72a183f702be.jpg

Here's a pretty good one on a spoon laying on my fancy ruler for ya, good grief ? Just making a point. As if I have ever tried to claim a fish I didn't catch. HILARIOUS ?

They sure were slammin spoons after work today ? Must of had something to do with an approaching front ?

GoFish!!!

Edited by Tom Sawyer
  • Yayyyy 2

23 minutes ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Not trying to claim it. You guys crack me up, of course it's Rick's jacket. How in the f,,, can you mistake it ???

20200304_141957.thumb.jpg.928eae94a42d576bc2ab72a183f702be.jpg

Here's a pretty good one on a spoon laying on my fancy ruler for ya, good grief ? Just making a point. As if I have ever tried to claim a fish I didn't catch. HILARIOUS ?

They sure were slammin spoons after work today ? Must of had something to do with an approaching front ?

GoFish!!!

I remember a big gill photo and it was one a guy with a big ole hand had caught and sent the photo, but claimed it was his! Haha

• Yayyyy 1

Well I think all pics need a smiling face of the fisherman with the fish. Lol

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Yayyyy 2

18 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

I remember a big gill photo and it was one a guy with a big ole hand had caught and sent the photo, but claimed it was his! Haha

Right Nick, that makes as much sense as claiming that jacket, since I don't have fat hands. I'm sure I said I caught the fish too. I see you still haven't cured your sickness RickG diagnosed ? ? ? ? ?

Edited by Tom Sawyer

14 minutes ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Right Nick, that makes as much sense as claiming that jacket, since I don't have fat hands. I'm sure I said I caught the fish too. I see you still haven't cured your sickness RickG diagnosed ? ? ? ? ?

It’s all good Tommy!! I know how you are and I just accepted it!!