• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team Bobberdown

Merry Christmas to you and your family's. 

From TeamBobberdown

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 2

leech~~

Thanks for the Ice report Rick. This winter is a big suk so far! 😕

IceHawk

Ol Wonderbread been a good one this year. On my last outing it was killer strange color but does produce. Thanks for ice Report Rick . Been out there few times running around on wheeler it is very inconsistent for sure. 

• Like 1

Huntin&Fishin

Checked a few lakes around the area and seems like the average ice thickness is 15". Obviously this isn't everywhere, and I did find areas with 18".

• Thanks 1

Huntin&Fishin

Found a minimum of 15" on one local lake. Toping out to 19" in one spot. Average was 16". Bringing the wheelhouse out this weekend.

• Thanks 1

Rick
1 hour ago, Huntin&Fishin said:

Found a minimum of 15" on one local lake. Toping out to 19" in one spot. Average was 16". Bringing the wheelhouse out this weekend.

Thanks bud! 🙂

Wanderer

Great report!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Rick G

Holy sh#% You posted pictures👍👍👍 Good report!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

eyeguy 54
15 minutes ago, Rick G said:

Holy sh#% You posted pictures👍👍👍 Good report!

You need to teach him how to smile like you do in pics. 😂

• Haha 2

Wanderer

Well I think that’s the first time I’ve seen yer mug @IceHawk!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Rick
2 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Well I think that’s the first time I’ve seen yer mug @IceHawk!

A perty mug at that. 😁

• Haha 1

Tom Sawyer

I still need selfie practice, maybe Chris can teach me. Good info, on a crappy day Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smurfy
57 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

You guys know me well enough to know I rarely take pics because commotion and boards bring friends and crowds especially on this piece of water. .😁 Today was a rare occasion no one in sight so I was a little more forgiveing LOL!  I like stealth mode keeps a hot spot hot a lot longer 👍 

Can you say tracker!!🤣 nice fish bud.👍

• Haha 1

gimruis
11 hours ago, Tom Sawyer said:

I still need selfie practice, maybe Chris can teach me. Good info, on a crappy day Chris

I'd honestly rather not even take a photo than take a selfie.

• Haha 1

eyeguy 54

Selfies with fish are fun. It help our hand eye coordination. Lol

Tom Sawyer

You and Ricky definitely have it mastered. Maybe one day I'll have some fish that are worthy of posing with me 😆😂😄

Rick G
31 minutes ago, Tom Sawyer said:

You and Ricky definitely have it mastered. Maybe one day I'll have some fish that are worthy of posing with me 😆😂😄

Good aditude Tom... don't ever give up. Someday you will get that picture fish.... someday😏👍

Edited by Rick G
  • Haha 2
  • l Love It 1

Tom Sawyer

I think what helps me get through it, along with my attitude, is my network of friends that support me along the way, with my quest for the that (one).....

At least my odds should go up when I retire. Time on the water definitely helps. 

Thanks for being there buddy 😂😄😆

Edited by Tom Sawyer

eyeguy 54

Subtle....  

eyeguy 54

Bring phone Friday. Rick will teach you how to do that selfie😂

Tom Sawyer

If your there, I want to learn from the master. Rick can teach the fish tickle, to get them to pose on the hand perch,

Grasshopper

Rick

Nice...very nice! Well done @Rick G

Some of you ought to consider following him here on fm to see all of his reports. He's a good one.

Just click his name then the icon...Screenshot_20200208-175350_Chrome.jpg

There are some other gems as well.

I will start pointing them out as we go along here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

AlwaysFishing23

It’s been a couple weekends for me due to busy life again. But when I was out 2 weekends ago the tullibee bite is definitely is full swing. Found them stacked in the 30-50 fow range suspended. The Basin crappie bite is also doing alright. Been finding crappie minnows and plastics have been best. I like fishing the break before the the basin part that's where I’ve been finding most of the active fish. All fish in the basin are more Sluggish it seems. Hopefully get out this weekend! 

D538E379-A36F-475B-A2FF-6C86C75CD64F.jpeg

Edited by AlwaysFishing23
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 2

Rick

Nice...very nice! Well done @IceHawk

Some of you ought to consider following him here on fm to see all of his reports. He's a good one.

There are some other gems as well.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:27 PM, IceHawk said:

Fished this Morning on a area lake on the Horseshoe chain and it was a crappy kind of Day. 😁 Got out before daybreak to get setup to be in position as I found this pod aka school of fish couple days ago and the bite window is early and late. Midday bite has been non existent with this school of fish as they move into a different feeding area.  Cant stress enough how location plays such a huge role in a day of success. This summer walleye fishing I came across a  perfect transition area and I made a note and GPS it to investigate this winter. To my good fortune its been holding some nice pies recently .  Its a rock to sand transition are that is in located in around 20-26 foot of water. Zooplankton is thick early and late in the day and the crappies are actively on a tear feeding during this period roaming the area. Key lures were Clam drop kicks and Amped outdoors 4 mm tungsten heads with plastic bodies specifically Panfish Plastics Chigger Fry's. Hot Colors were white and firecracker. The Thorne Bros lineups sealed the deal especially the Power Noodle when they were aggressive and switching out to the Tripwire when they got a little more stubborn and bit softer.  Been using some of the Clam inline Gravity's and have been real impressed with them so far. Great real at a reasonable price.  3 lb Berkley micro ice solar green was line of choice. Caught many crappies from 10-12 1/2  inch range with two over 13 and the biggest measureing out at 13 1/2 inch all fish were released to fight another day. Looking forward to checking out another area soon I found this fall as I think there's a pot of gold wating for me under the hardtop!😉

fish11.jpg

fish12.jpg

fish13.jpg

fish14.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• iiccee63
      By iiccee63
      Having fished this lake from shore in the summer and my daughter also and did real well, I can't figure why ice fishing is so bad. 2 full days and nothing! 3" perch galore. Moved around and had my camera. Didn't see any life forms whatsoever!!!!! Never coming back. Hardly a soul on the lake on a 43 degree.Sat.??? What?????👎👎👎
    • svingla
      By svingla
      Heading up to Avon to fish Middle Spunk lake this weekend. Looking for any advice or insights for fishing this lake and what to target.
    • bigpunfun
      By bigpunfun
      Heading to the Virginia Mn area Ice fishing in a few weeks. I've fished the Duluth area most of my life but finally spreading out a bit. 
      Not hoping to get anyones "spot".
      How are ice conditions? Anywhere to stay away from safety wise?
      Any dead lakes that would be a waste of my time on a limited trip?
      Thanks yall
    • Chill62
      By Chill62
      I know this is fishing Minnesota but tried something new. Was very interesting and learned a lot quickly. ice conditions restricted where we could get to but we had 5 bites 2 fish. was fun fighting them big steelhead. 

• Jonny 2 shot
      By Jonny 2 shot
      Hey everyone!

Heading up to the Gunflint area this weekend to do some trout fishing.. Anybody been out recently?  How thick is the ice? 

Was planning to put the new ice saw to use and do some sight fishing but curious how the conditions are?

Thanks!

Jon
    • Borch
      By Borch
      Fished hard for 3 days on Big Stone Lake and the bite was very, very tough.  The nice Marked a lot of fish and just couldn't get them to bite. Did manage some dandy perch and trophy gills,(released) but not a lot of numbers.  Saturday late afternoon we stuck 3 gills over 10".  My nephew had one that was at least 10 1/2" but released it before I could measure or get a pic.  Sunday we had 2 more at or just under 10".  Had to downsize to get bit.  Did catch a couple on set lines with fatheads.   Spoons didn't get bit often.  Tungsten jigs or flies tipped with plastics or eurolarvae got most of the action.  
      Found fish in or near basin areas near shallower rock structures.  We would drill, drill and then drill some more.  Once we found fish we would make smaller moves or wait out schools cruising through the area. Travel conditions were excellent.   Just had to watch out for the occassional drift or old plowed road.  Here are a few pics from the weekend.

• Fishing Trend bD
      By Fishing Trend bD
      Village fishing
      fish catching
      fishing videos
      fishing videos
      fishing
      unique fishing
      Catch fishing
      Daily Fishing Life
      fishing videos daily
      Top Fishing Videos
      Village fishing
      Best fishing
      best fishing videos
      fish and fishing
      big fish hunting
      fish lover
      Fish Hunting Videos
      Traditional Fishing
      Primitive Fishing
      Primitive Fishing
      Fishing trend
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      Fished several NE Wright county lakes got on some really nice bass with panfish jigs the smaller the better. Had a flurry for about half hour many largemouth caught. Then did a night bite for the crappies It really pays to move around. Also learned from some on the MInnow or not to minnow thread to upsize I used a small forage minnow spoon with 3-4 spikes that really was the ticket. Thanks all for the help everyone. The fish seem to me to be just starting to move a bit shallower with the warmer weather coming this weekend it should just get better. Most of the fish were in 12-17 feet of water.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Some big walleyes caught this week up at Lake of the Woods along with eaters and saugers.  Good fishing still happening 16 - 22 miles out on the ice and most reports are good.  Ice conditions on LOW remain excellent at around 30 inches where most are fishing.  Best colors vary but on sunny days gold has been consistent.  On cloudy days, glow pink, green, orange and chartreuse good colors.  Don't be afraid to downsize presentation if fish are not active.  Small spoon with a minnow head.  A plain hook with a small minnow can be very effective.  Electronics helping anglers catch suspended walleyes.  Pike are getting more active and anglers reporting good success.
      On the Rainy River...   The river is frozen over with snowmobile traffic on marked trail.  Some reports of local anglers catching a few walleyes in the river but most anglers hitting the lake.  Extra caution is always needed on the river, especially with higher current this year.  Thin ice around the International Bridge in Baudette.  Work through resort or know ice conditions if ice fishing the river as ice thickness varies.
      Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing in full swing up at the Angle.  Resorts in 26 - 32' of water.  A mix of walleyes and saugers with some jumbo perch and pike in the mix.  The snowmobile trails from south shore to Angle in great shape.  Jigging with a bait with rattles has helped to pull in walleyes.  Fish houses on the ice through March 31st, walleyes and saugers open through April 14. 

• HoleHoppingGills
      By HoleHoppingGills
      Member only ...looking for some reports near Wright county area or even west and north of there.  Been fishing this small lake out near South Haven and been crushing 9.5 inch gills  and 12 inch crappies the last 2 months.  Went back last week after take a 2 week break and everything was suspended and tiny. Before everything was just off weeds deep and coming from botto....not sure what happened  but fish were loaded like a xmas on the flx28, maybe oxygen levels? First pic of the crappies took me and friend 1 hour and 20 holes... so much fun!!!!

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• The Chemist
      Thanks to 3 guys that were out there to help me land the fish and also take a few pics.
    • The Chemist
      A really good day out. Nice weather and the fish were active. Started out suspended btwn 4-10 ft off the bottom. Then later they were on the bottom. At dark they were back to 8ft off. Left the lake with the depth finder still showing fish.    
    • iiccee63
      Having fished this lake from shore in the summer and my daughter also and did real well, I can't figure why ice fishing is so bad. 2 full days and nothing! 3" perch galore. Moved around and had my camera. Didn't see any life forms whatsoever!!!!! Never coming back. Hardly a soul on the lake on a 43 degree.Sat.??? What?????👎👎👎
    • Mike89
      good luck eyeguy!!!
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Got out today back to the BLA to wrap up my game fish season. Tried spearing again and it Was a great day! I actually spent longer driving there and back then it took my to get my 2 fish. Got some fresh fish for a family fish fry tonight and got to see some dandy burbot and large mouth which doesn’t happen every day. Sure was warm out today I made the mistake of wearing my IA rise suit and that was a mistake should have used the edge suit instead! Ooh well. Enjoy the pics :).
    • smalliehunter
    • smurfy
      👍 thanks. Yea pretty much what I thought. With all the small perch and sunfish, even an occasional sucker on the camera one would figure them pike would be close by. Oh well better than watching the Hallmark channel at home.😉 I'm not far from shallow water.   Some of the perch I'm seeing look like there getting a good size egg sac already.
    • Wanderer
      Good luck @smurfy     They might be shallower?  Hard to leave perch though when they’re thick.
    • Wanderer
      New licenses start on March 1st of the year they’re bought for.  Says the valid date right on the license to avoid questions.     I’m glad there shouldn’t be any issues in my area.  First time in many, many years I’ve left a hard side out.
    • eyeguy 54
      Ya it was nasty. Went from 202 down to 168 in 30 days. Couldn’t sleep or eat much. Crazy time!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.