• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

That Nils "6 with the fuel is a nice set up.  Not sure where the nicer gills went but I swear they promised they would be there next time when I let them go last weekend.  Liars!

Still fun bsing and listening to all the nature. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Gotta love this time of the year with all the sounds in the air.  Saw a buncha Toms on the way back feeding by a road I took. 

So when I go ICE fishing on may 12th the Walleye should be biting again right?

Don

• Yayyyy 1

I'm with you Don! Wow I thought I would be on the Chain already. At this point may be my best and everyone else's bet at least water is moving through there.

15 hours ago, Horseshoe_Don said:

So when I go ICE fishing on may 12th the Walleye should be biting again right?

Don

at least you can use 2 lines ice fishing!!!!:crazy:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, its now April 17th.... where the hell is spring??? I met up with eyeguy for a few minutes on one of our area lakes.  He was just packing up when I arrived. The report was lots of smalls, but good ones were starting to turn on. 

I found much the same as Royce had said...lots of smalls. I knew there were good fish in the lake, we have gotten them here before. So I broke out the drill and started to search. I went the obvious direction first, shallow... drilled deep into a cabbage bed... nada thing there. Drilled out some bullrushes, nothing there yet either. So deeper I went, got a series popped right on the edge of the basin,  16-20ft of water. Bingo, this is where the bigger fish had gone:D it took a ton of moving to stay on the nicer fish today. They were cruising the break in small pods and moving fast, while the smaller fish opted to pretty much stay in the same area.

Best bait was a 4mm J and S custom gold disco ball head  with a  purple Impulse mayfly.  The little larger head was needed to get my bait back down as quick as possible. I tried a few other baits today, but kept coming back to the gold/purple combo.

I measured 24-26inches of ice yet. The top couple inches are soft, but the rest is still rock hard. Some North facing shorelines and access points are starting to show a little effects from the sun and run off. At this rate we should still have fishable ice well into next week localy.

20180417_185958.jpg

20180417_200121.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Nice fishes Rick!

Great report as well!!!

Fun day today with Rick and Joe. The 9 plus inchers were very playful today. Few crappies around but nothing big. Tried new jigs and combos for fun, Purple mayfly did a little better today than the pink slug bug. Back at it in the morning. Grillin time! gonna be nice out there. :) 

418a.jpg

418b.jpg

418c.jpg

418d.jpg

418e.jpg

418f.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice jigs!! And those 2 mm are tiny 

I dont have any 2 mm. can barely see the 3mm!  LOL 

I ordered some and they showed up today. I got mostly 3 mm and 4 2 mm

• Thumbs Up 1

No. Walking around this area. Good cardio. :)

good eats, good guys, a few good fish, fun in the sun. 

419a.jpg

419b.jpg

419c.jpg

419d.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Great Time today! We didn't put the slam to them  but boy did I enjoy the day. I know I did a lot  more relaxing and jaw jacking today then fishing LOL! But after as many days as I have spent on the ice my  thought process lately has been been there done that this winter,   so really didn't go at it to hard.   My Ice season is comeing to a end and today I was alright with that. :) It was a day of laughs, great eats and some serious relaxation among a great group of guys. I know I wish I would of put some sunscreen on the face wow Hot tomato LOl! Bet Joe is hurting also he looked a little pink mid day. Thanks Royce, Rick G , Joe and his father for the good times., we have  done a few of these mini get togehter's this winter and I believe our friendships have grown stronger everytime we share the ice together.  Looking forward to possibly another outing if not open water is just around the corner ;)

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Yayyyy 1

Put my sunscreen on at 7 a.m. and still got a little redder... LOL  

Sounds like a blast! 

My time has shifted to turkey hynting prep.  So it looks like I'm done despite good ice conditions.  But I'm a bit jealous of you all.

18 hours ago, IceHawk said:

Great Time today! We didn't put the slam to them  but boy did I enjoy the day. I know I did a lot  more relaxing and jaw jacking today then fishing LOL! But after as many days as I have spent on the ice my  thought process lately has been been there done that this winter,   so really didn't go at it to hard.   My Ice season is comeing to a end and today I was alright with that. :) It was a day of laughs, great eats and some serious relaxation among a great group of guys. I know I wish I would of put some sunscreen on the face wow Hot tomato LOl! Bet Joe is hurting also he looked a little pink mid day. Thanks Royce, Rick G , Joe and his father for the good times., we have  done a few of these mini get togehter's this winter and I believe our friendships have grown stronger everytime we share the ice together.  Looking forward to possibly another outing if not open water is just around the corner ;)

Yeah, Chris. I was hoping to get some color. Unfortunately, bright pink was not the color I had in mind.

Real men can wear pink! Lol

• Thumbs Up 1

My yard!! Lol packing things away today. Getting ready for summer Be a great day to get out though.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, JeremyCampbell said:

Going to get the kids out on the river today with gloves and garbage bags for Earth day.Plenty of garbage around the local community spots that can be removed.Im sure there will be more but it's something to do and it will look a little prettier out there.

Thanks for your efforts!!! Let me know if you need any free city garbage bags; I'm involved with the City of St. Cloud Green Team. You can place them at the Munsinger Garden greenhouse, or any trail access points for easy Park Dept. pickup.

• Thumbs Up 1

Impressive, both Tom and Jeremy :)

I see one of my hot spots ;)   Nice job JC and kids!

• Yayyyy 1

Wow great job!! Looks like a nice young generation of care takers of the land. Thank you all for your efforts! Sure a nice day today.

• Thumbs Up 1