• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Clearwater lake was todays destination. The lakes above average sized bluegills is what we were after. Tried a few spots, struck out at the first couple.

The third spot we hit showed signs of promise, got a quality gill right off the bat smile For the next hr we picked off the most active fish in the school. After catching roughly 20fish from this spot it dried up, only the smaller remained, the larger ones had just seemed to vanish, I dropped the camera down to make sure.

The next spot was a community hole, there was evidence that quite a few people had fished here already. This spot held quite a few fish, though most were hook shy frown but we did manage a few nicer fish in with all the small ones.

Nothing real nice today, quite a few in the 8-9in range, a couple went just over 9 smile and I am pretty sure I lost one a bit bigger right at the bottom of the hole full-26589-42171-044.jpg

full-26589-42172-045.jpg

full-26589-42173-046.jpg

full-26589-42174-047.jpg

Wind was pretty strong full-26589-42175-041.jpg

full-26589-42176-042.jpg

full-26589-42177-043.jpg

This poor person found out the hard way just how windy it was smile

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

wind kept me home. Might go Monday. smile

Nice report Rick and great gills

Back out to the same lake I was on yesterday, found the gills to be more willing to bite than they were 24hrs earlier smile

Still, small baits were a must... I got all mine on plastics while my partners got theirs on waxies.

The area we found fish in today was a small pocket in the weeds that bottoms out around 20ft, the fish were holding on the edges of the pocket in 12-18ft.

I spent most of the day outside hole hopping, picking off the most active fish. Even know it was 0nly 10 degrees out it felt great, light wind and a nice warm sun kept everything except my wet hands warm smilefull-26589-42187-002.jpg

full-26589-42188-007.jpg

full-26589-42189-003.jpg

full-26589-42190-008.jpg

full-26589-42191-011.jpg

No monsters again today, but did get a lot of those nice 8-9in fish that most people are looking for.

So jealous Rick awesome gills.

Anybody been out to Horseshoe recently? How is the conditions out there? And how's the cat bite? If weather is good this weekend I might be out there. Also wondering if my CRV 4wd will be able to make it out there. Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

10 inch gills are hard to come by.

Did some fishing in the neighborhood today.Started dropping lines in 9' with a few gills.Then moved deeper in 26' where crappies were darting at pink plastics.Stayed till after dark with good results over all.Got breezy for awile there and had to turn the flip up around to stay grounded. full-45395-42260-imag0620.jpg

I have off till Tuesday so will be doing some fishing in the area. If anyone wants to pound some holes with me let me know. Mostly looking to hook some sunnies or catfish, going to try a few knew spots on a lake I've been fishing to see if I can find some gills a little bigger tomorrow.

full-47229-42363-image.jpg

Went spearing on rice lake today. Ended up with two small northerns and a pretty big sucker. Lots of huge bass swimming around too. Water was fairly cloudy. Didn't see any sunnies but I caught a few small perch.

Hopefully my picture posts

Nice crappie Jeremy! I really like your jig choice.

Drilled a lot of wholes on a lake by st. Rose today without much luck. Caught lots if fish but nothing worth putting in the bucket.

full-47229-42387-image.jpg

Whiskerchaser, we all have those days wink

Made it back out to Clearwater for a few hrs this afternoon. Getting on the fish was the easy part, getting them to bite was a challenge. Must have went through a dozen bits before I found something that the bigger gills would hit. full-26589-42388-018.jpg

This beast was just a hair over 9.5in full-26589-42389-021.jpg

DDno1 scored a few nicer ones as well.

Around 5:30 we moved out to a little deeper water in search of some crappies full-26589-42390-023.jpg

Found a few 22ft down over 35ft of water. Live bait under a float was what the fish wanted. full-26589-42391-022.jpg

Great report Rick.

Whisker nice photo of the beautiful crappie.

Made it out to the chain last night for a few hours. Started fishing at about 8 pm an I couldn't keep the kitties off my line. 22-30 fow with a glow lindy spoon tipped with a minnow head. Landed 9 but hooked many more, just lost them on the way up. About 9:30 the kitties shut off and slowly the crappies worked there way in.

I have not needed and extension anywhere yet. We have enough snow on the ice to help insulate it a little.

Went out on koronis yesterday. Few bigger perch.

Getting really close to bottoming out the jiffy. Handles are about on the ground.

Went out to one of the smaller lakes in the area today. Its been a couple years since I have been on this body of water, but I felt as though I had a pretty good idea where the fish would be cool Well, after about 50-70 holes drilled we started to find some signs of hope smile Found the first gills and crappies just off the edge of a shallow weed flat, not anywhere close to where I thought they would be shocked

We sat in this area picking off the most active biters... the problem is the fish we were getting were... well we will just call them smallish. Still, I hadn't lost faith smile I knew from years past that this lake held quality fish, I just hadn't stumbled over them yet, back to drilling holes.

After drilling almost every fishy looking spot I could think of my partner said what about that one spot where we found them earlier in the day. He figured that the time of day had something to do with why we weren't getting anything nice. I looked at my phone, it was 3pm, too late for another lake. I said sure, what do we have to lose. This turned out to be a good move.

By 4pm the bigger gills had moved in, they were tough to get to bite at first. By 4:30 the bite was in full swing grin By 5:15 it was all over frown

Never did locate any of the big bullgills this lake used to have. We did find a good number of fish in the 7-8in range though. Crappies all were on the small side 7-9in. If this small lake doesn't get hammered in the next couple years it might have some nice fish once again winkfull-26589-42435-033.jpg

Hey guys, I have a scoop of crappie minnows and a dozen whiners from this weekend. Never had the chance to use them. Two trips to the lake with failed augers. Was hoping to land some fish this weekend. frown I'm probably not gonna get to use them. They been alive ever since Friday night so don't know if they will last any longer. If anyone is going fishing this week or want them. Lmk. Can pick it up for free! Located by SCSU. full-47580-42436-imag0076.jpg