• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

That sounds like a lot of fun. Text/call me Saturday morning to let me know for sure. I'll need to stop at Menards to pick up some more nails. LOL.

well what do you need the nail for Tom what's your building lol grin

I was wondering the same thing crazy Maybe Naturboy and him are doing a little wood working while on the lake smile

Hello everyone! I've been stalking this forum for a couple weeks thought I would join in the fun maybe meet some new people and get some tips.

thought I would join in the fun maybe meet some new people and get some tips.

Give and thou shall receive. smile

In all seriousness, welcome to the forum!!

Hello everyone! I've been stalking this forum for a couple weeks thought I would join in the fun maybe meet some new people and get some tips.

Welcome to HSO, Lawwell smile so many great people here, but I'm sure you will find that out for yourself... We have an event coming up Feb 1 called "Cool Cats" on Horseshoe lake. This would be a good chance to meet some of the folks on here.

Like Sticky said, give and you shall receive... this is good advice... No better way to become one of the guys than to give a report now and again smile

Thanks, new to the ice fishing, most of my fishing has been summer and on the iron range where I grew up, lived next to giants ridge . Got a deal on a Lund tyee last year now I'm trying to figure out this southern fishing lol

I did well on pearl early ice some walleyes and lots of decent crappies harder and harder to find now. Lol sound like the chain is the place to be?

All the larger bodies of water in the area are still the best bets, this includes the Chain, Rice, Little Rock, Koronis and Clearwater to name a few.

I'll be going out Saturday have a black honda ridgeline and a Yukon portable I'm usually alone unless I can drag my 10 year old boy out. He Gets bored quick but usually out fishes me.

I will be fishing somewhere early Saturday morning, haven't picked a lake yet, Is anyone else going out?. Pm me if you want to

Made it out to the Shoe last evening during the ground blizzard smile Fishing was slooow, had plenty of activity on the Vex, but had a hard time getting anything to bite.

As of 9pm the ice road was all but gone in places, some nasty drifts West of the Meth hole. The access was drifted in pretty bad as well, got stuck trying to leave the lake blush

Was out last night on shoe, got 5 crappies and a walleye. Bite was better than thursday, but they were still timid.

Don

Lawwell- That was really nice that you tried to lend your time to help those folks.Hope you catch a limit next time you go out.

Was back out at the wheelhouse tonight. Thought about doing just cats again, but time was not on my side.

The fish were in a neutral mood, meaning they would bite, but they had to be worked a bit.

Got a few of these full-26589-41613-013.jpg

A bunch of these full-26589-41614-004.jpg

full-26589-41615-009.jpg

All but a couple were on the small side. The crappies seemed to like the bait jigged till they became interested, then it had be held still. We got a few on live minnows as well. The cats came via glow red spoons, the only time I could get one to hit was within the first min or so of a fresh glow up of my spoon.

The live bait also produced a couple walleyes grinfull-26589-41616-010.jpg

It was quite evident when it was a walleye hit vs a crappie hit, the walleyes would hit hard and run fast, while the crapps would take the bait nice and slow.

The Chain has a good amount of snow on it, but as of tonight there are trails going to most of the hot spots smile

Went out on Briggs and Julia today. Nothing on Julia, couldn't mark a thing. Groups of people outside in what must have been 6ft of water. Didn't see them catch anything.

Briggs I marked them for a couple hours and only was able to coax one into biting.

Keep the truck in 4wd and don't stop off the beaten path. Watched a few people get stuck while blazing their own trail across the lake.

You still fishin' there? thought Rick G. gave you some advise a month ago about finding greener pastures?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

whos on the chain monday. i might pop over.

I was on the Briggs chain for a couple hours yesterday afternoon after trying some other lakes in the area to start the day. We went to an area that we've done well at in the past and found a few crappies, but it wasn't fast action by any means. The fish were cruising and I don't know that I caught two fish out of the same hole in the couple hours I was there. Even with tungsten jigs, I had a hard time getting down to the fish sometimes before they moved on. The weather yesterday was perfect for hole hopping and I was surprised there weren't more people taking advantage of that. Lots of people out, but most were sitting in their shacks.

Had some free time, and being it was so darn cold and windy we decided the wheel shack was the place to be smile.

Fishing was anything but great, had lots and lots of crappies below us, but only a very few showed interest in our baits.

Around 2:30 things picked up a little, we were able to start catching a few, but the bite was very light. The spring bobber was the only way to go, there is no way I could have felt very many bites today, even the noodle rod wasn't much help.

By 5 the bite had died back down to the point where we were only getting a fish every 15min. By 6 we were packed up and heading home.

Though most of the crappies were in the 8.5-9.5 in class that the chain is loaded with this year, we did get a few nice ones. full-26589-41711-001.jpg

full-26589-41712-005.jpg

My buddy Dan scored the big one of the evening, just shy of 13in smile

Plastics were the way to go, both of us had switched over to the Lindy Bug tipped with a Custom Jigs plastic full-26589-41713-008.jpg