• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Sounds like a few lakes have opened up or are close to opening up.  Panfish in those dark bays should be going strong soon.  Can't wait to get out there soon to have some soft water fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

Took the yak out for a couple hours here around town. Starting to see fish moving into the dark bottom feeding areas.  The later into the afternoon it got the better the bite was for bigger fish. They seemed to be coming into the bay at a steady pace once the sun began  to warm the water a bit.

I had best luck with a 1in  pink/white little hustler tube on a 1/64 white ball head. I varied my depth from 1-3ft under my float, finding myself working shallower as the day progressed. 

20180502_121635.jpg

20180502_134405.jpg

20180502_121647(0).jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Nice fished Rick

Very nice!

4 days in the yak so far this week and the body is SORE! LOL  Hope to do 5. :)  Been a great week so far fishing shallow areas on 3 different lakes. 1 foot to 4 feet has been fun with small jigs and different plastics, mostly white. Emerald shiner worked great for crappies yesterday. 1 1/2 inch tube was hot monday and good tues and wednesday and didn't do a thing today. (100 fish on the same tube and its still on that rod, crazy! I carry 2 on the yak).    Smaller was hot today.  12 inch crappie biggest so far this week and a nice 10 inch gill today with a few more from 9 to 9.5.  Get out to the shallows if you can and have some fun!  Water temp was 50 degrees today when they turned on. Fun times @Rick G!!

51a.jpg

51b.jpg

53b.jpg

53c.jpg

53d.jpg

53e.jpg

53g.jpg

53h.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

UGH........ i need a job like you guys!!!!!!:P:D them are some pretty colored fish!!!!! nice pictures!!!!!

oh and just a comment on top of this page...........i think your good cardio went out the window with that grill full of brats!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

well, 5 days in a row in the yak has been a hoot. Hit the spot today that we hit mid afternoon yesturday and lots of nice fish still there but not as many as yesterday. Today I used the same small red jig most of the time and white wishbones. Als a white impulse mayfly with the legs tore off. Both produced.  Tried an orange jig for a bit and it was quiet. couple more pics. Only 2 9 inchers this afternoon and one nice 12 inch crappie. Lots of 10 to 10.5 inch crappies and lots of 7.5 to 8.5 gills. Time of day was key just like yesterday. 

54.jpg

54a.jpg

54b.jpg

54c.jpg

54d.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

hungry

57a.jpg

57d.jpg

57e.jpg

Went and hit the river this opener caught A lot of little ones took home 3 nice eye's for a opener fish fry.

20180512_074118.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

nice eyes! 

I got out a bit later than I normally do for a night trip as we had an early mothers day dinner with all of family mom's.  Happy Mother's Day by the way.  

We started fishing about 10:30 pm and were still getting hit at 2 am when we called it a night. Found scattered walleyes up shallow willing to hit crankbaits trolled slow.  Water temps were in the low 50 degree range.  Nothing huge but nice eaters.

20180513_000745.thumb.jpg.8e524a6b000ec9ce9f7a6407904fc495.jpg 

• Thumbs Up 2

Very cool Tom!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Pretty quiet in here.  I've been fishing out of town the past 2 weeks.  Hope to fish the area lakes this week.  Heard reports of a good day crank bite on the chain but not much else.  With the full moon coming up this week may try some evening trolling.  Anyone else having any luck?

Been out of town for most of my fishing as well.  Looking forward to being in the boat around home in the coming weeks.  It’s just never for the amount of hours I get on board for the out of town trips.  More like 2-4, maybe 6 hours at best here.  Never the marathon 12-15 hour days I’ve been blessed to have a few times this season so far.

I did just walk down to the river to make a few casts for my evening fix and picked up a 17.5 smallie on a Pop R.  That’ll have to do for today. ?

@Tom Sawyer

Its not supposed to be that way.  Is it??  It stinks when everything else gets in the way of spending some time on the water. ?

• Yayyyy 1

On 6/23/2018 at 9:53 PM, Wanderer said:

@Tom Sawyer

Its not supposed to be that way.  Is it??  It stinks when everything else gets in the way of spending some time on the water. ?

Making up for it this week, in a BIG way while on vacation. Perfect weather for chasin' down eyes. See ya' Saturday. Bring plenty of size 7 and 9 in blue crome. Lots of gators feeding on the same forage, win a few, loose a few.....

• Thumbs Up 3

Friend and I hit the chain this morning pulling cranks shallow.  Slow fishing with a few nice walleyes, pike and lots of catfish.  Fish we found were on shallow flats.  Also a few panfish caught on cranks and several schools seen in the shallows.

My dad, eyeguy and I hit a local lake last night and pulled some lures for the full moon.  Dad wasn't able to head out until my nephews baseball game was finished.  We got a late start but that was fine.  It was a beautiful night with a stiff ESE wind and very mild temps.  The moon was bright with some low wispy clouds blowing by us.  I've been out of town the past few weeks so things had changed a lot since I last fished this lake.  Water temps have warmed ro 76 degrees,  the water has cleared and man have the weeds grown up.  This made for some difficult trolling conditions as lures continuously fouled with weeds.  We did fine a few spots that were clear enough to troll some shallow cranks over the top of the weed growth.  The first spot had some small eyes and a lonely smallmouth bass.  We didn't find the second spot until we were about to head home.  Eyeguy popped a nice eater almost right away.  We caught several walleyes and rock bass the next 2 hours and ended up going home with a couple meals worth of nice walleyes.  When we were packing away gear at home the skies were getting brighter and the birds were starting to sing.   It was a fun night even though it took us a while to get on the walleyes.

17065.thumb.jpeg.16717d4dd20cd2f0e25148e34ef40a0c.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

Thx for not kicking me out of the boat when I started howling. ;)  Sure was fun. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I made a solo trip for some evening trolling on Tuesday night.  Same program as before.  Water temps a little cooler and water levels up from all the rain we've received the last week.  Had a hard time with fish staying hooked once they hit.  Lost fish from right after the hit to right at the boat.  Some nights are like that.  Ended up keeping 3 for a fresh meal of walleye after fishing a couple hours.

20180704_024646.thumb.jpg.99f0b88a3f50d5b9a1b66d4e30506092.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

nice! 

34 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

nice! 

he went solo this time??? musta been the howling!!!!!!!!!:crazy:?:P

3 hours ago, smurfy said:

he went solo this time??? musta been the howling!!!!!!!!!:crazy:?:P

HA!   would have gone but had a busy day planned wednesday. then ended up in ER we night doing a dance with a kidney stone. not fun but getting better. 

22 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

HA!   would have gone but had a busy day planned wednesday. then ended up in ER we night doing a dance with a kidney stone. not fun but getting better. 

I fight stones from time to time too.  No fun.  Hope all passes well.

first timer. not in bladder yet. not fun. drugs helping.