• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

oops my bad, female...   musta been low on oxygen. LOL 

south of brainerd, north of texas. :P

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

Lots of good fish caught today. Key was finding live green cabbage... . 4mm gold tungsten jig with Impulse mayfly proved to be the hot bait today

20171217_135549.jpg

20171217_172904.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Good fish Rick way to find some quality fish in a highly pressured area. Takes skill to be able to accomplish that. Maybe run into you one of these days out there

Cleaned a walleye last night that had 8 2” crappies in its belly. Now I know what I should have been using for bait. Or maybe the fat head was just a after dinner snack. 

I was fishing on 7” of ice in 8 feet of water. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Little Rock was good to me tonight found a sandbar on my lake master chip set up in 8fow on a sharp turn on the graph got three nice eyes ( two 15" and one 18")  in a hour before dark after dark just had some Lookers pin head 1/16 oz rainbow spoon made by clam with minnow a  head was my go to lure. Had a dead stick with a fat head down and could only get perch to bite on that. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Nice bass, Rick, and good reports, all.  Should be some very good ice out there after this cold snap. 

Had a really good day on a local lake set up around 1030am in 30fow used clam snow drop jigs ( blue banana) was the color with a 1 1/2" blue maki minnow head cought over 40 nice crappies and 3 Pike, kept 6 crappies for dinner and let the rest go. Fish were suspended 10-15 ft off the bottom just had to drop it down and  get them to come up a foot and they would hammer it the humminbird was lit up like a Christmas tree except when the pike would come in and Chase them away. What a difference a day makes yesterday couldn't get a thing to bite and today the acted like they hadn't eaten all winter. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds like a blast Matt congrats on putting a good day on the ice together! Shot you a PM got a question for you 

• 2 weeks later...

fun afternoon and a beaut of a sunset. lotta fish, mostly small today. 

15a.jpg

15b.jpg

6 minutes ago, Fishing Frenzy said:

Nice picture eyeguy. Pretty sure I was on the same lake as you telling from your pic!

first time ice fishing there for me. got a nice 9.25 in gill and a couple dandy perch. lottsa small stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

first time ice fishing there for me. got a nice 9.25 in gill and a couple dandy perch. lottsa small stuff. 

Yeah I have been out there quite a bit this year. A lot of small stuff but always some really nice fish. A lot of 10 in gills in that lake.

hopefully not going home in buckets

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed. No need at all to keep them over 9 inches. Fun to catch, and more importantly keep the sunfish population healthy. 

Edited by Fishing Frenzy
  • Thumbs Up 2

That's an unmistakable, one of a kind fish house out there....:cool:15a.jpg.0eeb91f01b30542c0aa9f29c65fd70bd.thumb.jpg.5af5004c54ccfa80e6cd74787cde046b.jpg

Dandy photo eyeguy. That lake was great for waldos early ice...

• Thumbs Up 1

yep heard about 2 over 30 inches. 

Got a late start yesterday due to life and its mishaps. Once on the lake I felt better:) Hit 4spots on three different lakes. Found between 16-20inches of ice everywhere. Fishing was extremely slow, still managed to find a few nice ones toward evening.  

20180108_171532.jpg

20180108_171147.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1/5/2018 at 6:30 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

fun afternoon and a beaut of a sunset. lotta fish, mostly small today. 

15a.jpg

15b.jpg

somewhere south of canada and north of mexico again huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:grin:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

somewhere south of canada and north of mexico again huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:grin:

No, closer to your backyard than to either Canada or Mexico ....

• Yayyyy 2

37 minutes ago, Rick G said:

No, closer to your backyard than to either Canada or Mexico ....

i new that, i drove by this particular lake this past weekend!!!!!!!:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a couple free hrs to kill yesterday so I headed to one of our local lakes.  Set up in 15-18ft, started marking fish right away. This lake is gin clear, so weeds drow deep. The trick was to find irregular pockets in the weedine. This is where I found the larger fish.

20180118_113535.jpg

20180118_123147(1).jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Do i heard a rumor that a large northern was taken in richmond area (33lbs) . Seen pictures of the fish but question whether the lake i was told is correct. Not looking for the lake name though I have that.

Haven't heard of any big pike being taken out of my area, but I know a young kid got a 33 lb pike out in South Dakota last week.  More than likely the fish you heard about. It was a beast and what better ending than a youngster hooking something like that he's hooked for life!

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored so took a cruise around the chain. Not much for activity.most activity was on long by the island just south of cozy corners. The usual small towns in rice few on the meth hole area. Long down by browns was almost deserted.

Edited by smurfy

On 2/3/2018 at 5:31 AM, The Chemist said:

Do i heard a rumor that a large northern was taken in richmond area (33lbs) . Seen pictures of the fish but question whether the lake i was told is correct. Not looking for the lake name though I have that.

If it's the fish I know about, it was speared on Rice.  One of my tenants showed me the fish the other weekend.  

Yes that would be the one. A friend of mine sent it to me. The guy who got it is a friend of his nephew.