• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Joe

Rainy Lake Fishing Reports & Conditions

Joe

Great Fishing Reports Follow. Click the highest number on upper right of this post for most current Rainy Lake Fishing Reports.

full-2-27505-rainy.jpg

Rainy Lake questions from members welcome in this thread too.

bassbuster1

We where at American narrows today ,it was slow 1 eelpout,and 1 - 27" walleye.We moved around alot,all differant depths. We tried jigs,spoons,and everthing else.

They should start picking up again soon,they where there,the vexlar was active.

Good Luck

BB1

2121 WARRIOR

WOW...over 500 views and one fishing report...if you have had luck like mine i'd understand not posting anything. ive been fishing out of tilsons and not doing so good...tried 19ft down to 38 ft and got a 24 incher last night suspended 17ft off the bottom and that was it last night from 230 till 500. 7 fish in 3 times out...0 keepers...anybody doing any good??? even bad reports are better than no reports. i had been graphing some that werent biting before but last night the graph was not lighting up much...

WOODYWOODS

Hey Chevy- Sounds like you were fishing around that 15' hump south of American Narrows where the road is plowed. Try getting away from the road and go a couple blocks Northwest and look for about 39' (just east of the 10') Also North towards that 11' just before it comes up in about 40'. The north side of the channel marker can also be deadly. Good Luck , Woody

fishmeister_86

HI Z-85,

WHEN THIS COLD WEATHER HITS US HARD, WE WANT TO TAKE THE EASIEST ROUTE & HOPE WE CATCH FISH, MEANING WE GO WHERE THE PLOWED ROAD GOES...THOSE FISH ARE HEARING CONSTANT TRAFFIC, VEHICLES, SNOWMACHINES & EXSISTING PERMANANT HOUSES. IF YOU HAVE THE CHIP, USE IT., LOOK FOR AREAS WHERE THERE IS A BREAKLINE, AND IT LEVELS OFF A LITTLE. THE BUNCH OF GUYS I HAVE BEEN FISHING WITH HAVE BEEN FISHING ONLY SANDBAY IN 22 TO 26 FEET & DONE VERY WELL, BUT SATURDAY IT REALLY HAD SLOWED DOWN, SO SUNDAY WE DECIDED TO TRY AMERICAN NARROWS, WE HAD 5 GUYS, 4 PORTABLES..AND BOMBED...3 WALLEYES & 1-TULLIBEE. BUT I WILL CHALK THAT UP TO JUST A POOR DAY TO FISH THE AREA WE WERE IN. RAINY IS SO VAST, AND THE AREAS YOU CAN FISH ARE ENDLESS, MY SUGGESTION IS GET AWAY FROM THE BEATEN PATH & YOU WILL FIND A HONEY HOLE, ITS JUST TOUGHER WHEN ITS 10 TO 50 BELOW.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

bassbuster1

We fished at American Narrows today,kept 4 eaters,released a 28 and a 24 incher.We had to move around alot stayed mostly in the 32 to 38' depths. The eye's where real finicky had to change up alot,jigging spoons,raps,differant color jig heads,plain hooks.

There is alot of water to cover at the narrows,FM is right, get off the road, drill where no one else has.The fish are there just a bit more work to get them.

BB1

WOODYWOODS

The last couple days our guests caught some quality fish mid 20's and everybody ate fish. The slush was not as big a factor and yesterday was down right pleasant although we got some unussually high gusts of wind in the late afternoon. On Rainy walleyes stay open till mid-April and pike never closes. We have some inexpensive yet quality fish house packages available. For those with their own gear and a Lakemaster chip Rainy is a portable paradise. Our deluxe lodging specials can't be beat. February, March and the first two weeks of April are by far and away the best and most pleasant times to ice fish on Rainy. Give us a call 866-410-5001 or email me at [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you. Woody

FisH_SLaYer24

Hey Woody! This is Chris Raisanen. You took my dad (John Raisanen), my bother, and i out fishing over labor day weekend this past year. My family wants to do a big fishing trip, but my brother and i have been so busy with hockey. Our hockey will get done with in late February and was looking for a trip. And since i just read about the walleye season being open until mid april up there i have been trying to convince my dad to go up to rainy again. Is the walleye season and crappie season still good up on rainy in march-april? Also don't you rent snowmobiles for familys that don't have one? Well i hope to hear back from you Woody because i had a fun time and would like to fish up there again!

Thanks, Chris

WOODYWOODS

Chris- some of the very best ice fishing goes on during March and early April. It would be great to fish with you and your family again. Just give me a call and we'll set something up. Thanks, Woody

2121 WARRIOR

well all i have to say is this is a great site with information from the best sticks on the lake!!!

i have lived here only 10 months and ive had some of the best fishing in my life on this lake already and i wish i could say its cause of me...woody...fishmeister...bassbuster, and many many more have helped give me info to find fish and the right way to fish them. fishmeister told me where to go to catch crappies in the fall and sure enough they were right where he said they were..woody told me many spots to go and fish this winter and they have ALL been good and some amazing!

saturday i went where woody said they should be and it was a slugfest for about 3 hours...and yes...i got away from traffic!!! i had to squint to see the group of houses so figured that was far enough...27 fish..22 walleyes kept 8 and all about 14 to 17 inches..4 big ones...21.21.24.25 inchers and 5 bonus jumbo's! the next day we only caught 10 total kept 4 walleyes and 3 perch (close to a pound) we only fished for a half the day and didn't stay for the afternoon bite cause of the superbowl..

all the lakes in northern mn have alot of good fishing...but the quality of fish here is amazing! but if your looking for a SURE thing kind of trip you need to talk to one of these guys and they will get you dialed in...on the fish and a place to stay...oh yea..without the gouging on pricing!!

bassbuster1

Thanks z85 , I agree this is a very good forum ,and I learn alot from it.I have started a blog on my website where I will post pictures and go into greater detail on the fishing and the techniques I used whether they worked or not on that day.Believe it or not we dont always catch fish (LOL)

BB1

fishmeister_86

HEY Z-85,

THAT WAS SOME NICE COMPLIMENTS, WE ALL APPRECIATE THEM, BUT AS BASSBUSTER SAID WE DO HAVE DOWN DAYS TOO, AFTER ALL WE ARE HUMAN. YOU HAVE ONLY TOUCHED THE ICEBERG, RAINY HAS UNLIMITED FISHING STRUCTURE, YOU WILL NEVER EVEN COME CLOSE TO FISHING ALL OF IT IN A LIFETIME!!! BUT YOUR RIGHT, MOST FOLKS DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE CROWN JEWEL WE HAVE HERE. FOLKS CAN BRAG ABOUT LEECH, MILLE LACS, LOW, RED...BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALL BEEN GREAT PRODUCERS FOR MANY YEARS...HOWEVER I WOULD NOT TRADE RAINY FOR ANY OF THEM., I LIKE THE WAY ONE DAY YOU CAN GO JUST POUND THEM IN ONE SPOT, YOU GO THERE THE NEXT DAY, SAME EXACT WEATHER, AND THEY ARE GONE., SO YOU NEED TO ADJUST. AFTER YOU FISH IT & LEARN IT, YOU WILL LEARN THE PATTERNS. NOT TO MANY LAKES YOU CAN FISH IN THE WINTER WHERE 8 TO 12 LB WALLEYES ARE COMMON. LAST SUNDAY,I WAS IN 40 FOOT OF WATER & CAUGHT A NICE LIMIT OF EYES, NO FISH IN THE SLOT & LOTS OF SMALL FISH, BUT THAT IS WHAT IS SO NEAT, ONE TIME YOU MIGHT GO OUT & CAN ONLY CATCH SLOT FISH, NEXT TIME A MIXTURE OF 6" TO 26" FISH, NEXT TIME YOU BOMB!!! I'M CLOSE TO MY 30TH YEAR FISHING RAINY, ITS CRAPPIE, WALLEYE, SAUGER, NORTHERN HAS NEVER BEEN BETTER!!!

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

WOODYWOODS

Right On Z85- BB,Fishmeister,myself and many others agree on alot of things especially that Rainy is the best and most diverse portable ice fishery in the U.S. All you really need is a chip like the Lakemaster, your gear and a few pointers and your off to the races. Keep up the good work. Woody

WOODYWOODS

A freind of mine got stuck pretty good on the east end. we'll get it out tommorrow but it will take some time. Theres plenty of great fishing from Dryweed west to Sandbay. I'll be guiding 5 this weekend and will give you a full report. Woody

bassbuster1

I was out today ,we went east of Dryweed to stubbs shoal. We took sleds from American Narrows , Woody is right there was little slush till we got out to stubbs, there we found lots of slush in places you could get around but you need to be real careful and be prepared for the slush.Dont go alone ! The fishing was slow we did get a couple of slot fish and one eater.

BB 1

nblasin

We fished last Fri and Sat out of our perm house in sandbay. Fishing was real slow. We took sleds out and fished a few of the main lake structures from Birch Point towards American Narrows. Fishing was slow every where for us. We hooked into a few big pike on the reefs in shallower and the few eyes we did get were in 31-40 ft. Lake travel was good Fri and Sat morn. After the warm weather and wind hit Sat afternoon, it really loosened the slush back up. It was a mess getting back to the perm house Sat evening in the slush and wind. Still great to be out and very peaceful. Rainy won this time, but we'll be back!

WOODYWOODS

The last couple days our guests have caught a few nice fish not alot on the numbers side. Travel wasn't bad and nobody got stuck. Today we'll be trying some crappie fishing. Woody

WOODYWOODS

Tried a new crappie spot today...got 5 the biggest was 11". A few perch a couple not so big pike. I will be hittin er some more this week. Sincerely Woody

BillyFinn

Fishing this past sunday for big pike was awesome! 4 fish in 4 hours ranging between 38-and 42 inches. We had a beatutiful day on Rainy and I can honestly say it is some of the best ice fishing in North America. If you are looking to catch some great fish and learn the lake, hook up with Woody and watch for posting from him and Bill Landmark for the straight scoop!

WOODYWOODS

Way to go BillyFinn! Those were some very nice pike. Should be some fantastic tip-up fishing from here on out. Woody

bassbuster1

Drove out to American Narrows the road is flooded in spots,I did not have any trouble with the 4 wheel drive ,looks like you could get around pretty good with a sled.The snow has really melted. The fishing was good, 4 nice eaters,2 slot fish a 24 incher the biggest,and a 38 inch pike.lost a few and had a real good time .For more details check out my blog on my website.

BBl

bassbuster1

The lake has froze up again.The slush seems to be gone.The fishing has picked up also.Walleye's have started to get active the past couple of days.We also are seeing some nice pike ,I lost a real big one at the hole yesterday.I will be going out tommorrow. I will post a report on my blog Monday nite.

BB1

bassbuster1

Got into the Crappies today,checkout my blog for more info.

BB1

bowhuntz

Are you able to get around with a truck and how thick is the ice?

Would you be able to pull a wheeled house around off road,and one more ? just where would you get on to the lake at? Thanks

bassbuster1

I have not seen alot of trucks venturing to far off the plowed roads, RAINY HAS CURRENT ! I would not be driving all over the lake.You could drive on at Tilsons creek. There is a plowed road out to some pretty good fishing spots you could pull your house out there.

BB1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• smalljaw
    • Wheezy Outdoors
      By Wheezy Outdoors
      The sweltering heat, high humidity values, and intermittent thunderstorms have certainly provided some challenges for anglers but even as we enter the dogdays of summer the fish are still on the chow!
      As we all know there is never any shortage of action when one sets out to target Bass. Smallmouth Bass can be found along the deep weed lines, rocks, and sunken humps. Try using a Drop-Shot Rig tipped with a Leech. Largemouth on the other hand can be found working the weeds inside and outside the lines using Tubes, Spinner Baits, and Carolina Rigs. In the early morning, try working docks, shoreline structure and swimming platforms next to sharp drop-offs.
      Of course, usually by this time of year we have shifted our focus to chasing Large Slab Crappies. The weed beds are holding large numbers of both Crappies and Sunfish. Pay especially close attention to the cabbage along deeper drop-offs. Slip-Bobbers using live bait or plastics, Small Swim Baits, Spinners, Beetle Spins are all working well, these buggers have been hungry!!
      The Walleye bite is also one that has yet to relinquish to the torrid, humid conditions. A lot of techniques have still been producing good numbers of fish. Anything from pulling Spinners in the weeds, Lindy Rigs, Slip-Bobbers, jigs tipped with Leeches, Crawlers or Chubs… Cranks, Shiver Minnows and the list goes on!! It really is Dealer’s Choice it seems, trolling Cranks on the mid-lake flats has been best toward the evening hours until after dark, Spinners have been enticing them during the mid-day, as well as jigging raps for the walleye found out over the deep structure.
      -Cheers!
      Alice Wiese
      Wheezy Outdoors
      218-275-7525

• Wheezy Outdoors
      By Wheezy Outdoors
      The sweltering heat, high humidity values, and intermittent thunderstorms have certainly provided some challenges for anglers but even as we enter the dogdays of summer the fish are still on the chow!
      As we all know there is never any shortage of action when one sets out to target Bass. Smallmouth Bass can be found along the deep weed lines, rocks, and sunken humps. Try using a Drop-Shot Rig tipped with a Leech. Largemouth on the other hand can be found working the weeds inside and outside the lines using Tubes, Spinner Baits, and Carolina Rigs. In the early morning, try working docks, shoreline structure and swimming platforms next to sharp drop-offs.
      Of course, usually by this time of year we have shifted our focus to chasing Large Slab Crappies. The weed beds are holding large numbers of both Crappies and Sunfish. Pay especially close attention to the cabbage along deeper drop-offs. Slip-Bobbers using live bait or plastics, Small Swim Baits, Spinners, Beetle Spins are all working well, these buggers have been hungry!!
      The Walleye bite is also one that has yet to relinquish to the torrid, humid conditions. A lot of techniques have still been producing good numbers of fish. Anything from pulling Spinners in the weeds, Lindy Rigs, Slip-Bobbers, jigs tipped with Leeches, Crawlers or Chubs… Cranks, Shiver Minnows and the list goes on!! It really is Dealer’s Choice it seems, trolling Cranks on the mid-lake flats has been best toward the evening hours until after dark, Spinners have been enticing them during the mid-day, as well as jigging raps for the walleye found out over the deep structure.
      -Cheers!
      Alice Wiese
      Wheezy Outdoors
      218-275-7525

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Up here in the Northwest Angle lines are tight and fish are biting! Water temps are warmer in the shallows at 50-52 degrees to upper 40’s in the main lake.

Recent weather was not great but the fishing was. Some of the best action has been within a few miles of the lodge. Walleyes have been found anywhere from 3 to 30ft. 22-30ft with a jig and minnow is best during daylight hours. 

Multiple trophy walleye were caught this week including a couple 28’s and one 31 inch.  The bite off of the dock late evening is really heating up and will produce limits.

Come up soon to take advantage of great spring fishing! 

Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      We're still OPEN & fishing up at the NW Angle!
      Fishing on the Minnesota side continues to be best early morning and from sundown to dusk. Work deeper edges of the break line in the morning and afternoon, moving up to the flats and points for an evening flurry. With low pressure coming for the weekend expect fishing to be excellent.
      On the Ontario side, Crappie action was really good this past weekend in 30+ feet of water. Lots of fish over 14."
      Lake conditions have drastically improved as water making slush has receded below the ice or has frozen over in most areas. Caution should be used in areas of high current or between islands. 
      Hard water fishing ends April 15th!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Areas of slush on trails in Minnesota are refreezing overnight and are still in good condition if well-traveled.  Walleye action is getting better every day, with mornings and late evening being best.  Rippin’ raps and buckshots are enticing violent strikes; 18-22 ft of water is key. Big northern pike are hitting jiggin’ spoons and tip ups with large baits.

Anglers venturing into Canada continue to find schooled Crappies and big walleye deeper into 30+ feet. A slow presentation is most effective for catching crappies. 

Until next week,
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Minnesota snowmobile trail conditions are in good shape. The Baudette trail is great north of Knight Island. Walleye action heats up in periods of stable weather. The best catching is happening in 21-25ft, with the most productive method being a dead-stick beside an actively jigged rattle bait such as a buckshot or rippin’ rap. Glow white/pink is out producing other colors. The late ice bite can be phenomenal on Lake of the Woods, ice permitting we will have houses out through the end of the month!

Canadian fishing is recommended via snowmobile as they are light enough not to drop into the slush as easy as other track vehicles. Crappies are still filling buckets and walleye are actively feeding on reef break lines and points. Walleye season is open through April 14th. 

Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Fishing is really starting to pick up, which usually means Spring is on the way! 

Fishing on the Minnesota side has been best at first and last light, which can make for long days on the ice this time of year.  The Sauger bite has really picked up with a lot good sized eaters coming out of 21-25 ft. The most effective colors for both Walleye and Sauger have been Chartreuse, White, any Glow/lighted/UV (specifically red) and hammered gold. When fishing at depths less than 20 feet, keep an active presentation. Northerns tend to be most active in the early afternoon which is a good time to take a break from jigging and put out a tip-up.

Fishing on the Canadian side has been good since the last snow storm and continues to produce Crappie and Walleye. A light setup for crappies with plastics or larvae has been productive.  

Slush is still frozen in well-traveled areas but it plentiful off trail.  

Fishing will continue to improve as the weather does, there is still a lot of time to fit in a last minute ice fishing trip!!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Minnesota Walleye can be found in 19-23ft early and late in the day.  Rattle baits will call these actively feeding fish to the hole.  Midday action is best adjacent to the break line at 25-29ft.  These fish are preferring a more subtle presentation such as a minnow and plain hook or a spoon with a whole minnow on a dead-stick.  It remains important to constantly re-charge glow baits to keep them productive in the deeper water. 

In Canada, walleye and crappie fishing is good in typical spots. Travel can become difficult in slushy areas, solo travel is not advised. Try to run on previous tracks laid as areas of slush will have frozen over night where machines have packed the trail.  We are no longer running day houses on the Canadian side, however now is your chance to bring snowmobiles, hire a local guide and limit out on the hot March bite! 

We are still offering 50% off mid-week lodging through March! (Sun-Wed nights)

Until next week,
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Minnesota walleye are being caught at a variety of depths with 24-27’ being the most consistent. Glow red with gold has been a hot combo this week. Rattle baits continue to draw active fish to our houses. Sauger activity has been very strong, providing Anglers the opportunity for full limits before new regulations take effect on March 1st. New limit regulations give a combination of six walleye/sauger with no more than 4 walleye. The slot of 19.5”-28 must be immediately release with one walleye over 28’ to be allowed in possession.

Canadian crappies are still filling buckets and freezers, they can be found near the bottom in 32-35ft. Super light tackle and willingness to keep trying different jig combinations is producing the most fish.  Many tulibee are being seen this week, which make for a tasty treat out of the smoker.  Walleye fishing continues to be very good in traditional areas, depth at 23-28ft. 

Snow depth in our areas is between 2 and 2.5 ft. Trails are in great condition after last weeks snow and wind conditions. 

Until next week, 
      Sunset Lodge

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• memyself@I
      Did you NOT read the part of the story where the tribal fisheries was created by the BIA (whites)? Other bands in N MN also had fisheries created but did not stick with it as Red Lake did.   What I don't understand is the misinformation spread and how we always are jealous when someone (the band) has something we don't?   To me, if you want netting banned then you should be prepared to give up your electronics trolling motors and just row on lakes where you want to fish.   We're in this together. Its working.  
    • Chill62
      What a weekend...I almost need a day off to recover from the wild weekend I had so here's a quick update. Friday we packed up and took off for Red Lake Casino for the night, $70 hotel fee for 2 queens and a fireplace nothing fancy but beat getting up at 2 am to drive north.   Saturday morning got up early and fished the Red Lake Reservation and got back to the lake I've fished before and done great.  I hadn't drilled a hole yet after getting people out on the ice and helping guide vehicles and I was hearing "I GOT ONE" "FISH ON" so you knew it was going to be a good day when sun hasn't come up yet and we are pulling fish out of the ice instantly.  It took us about 2 hours to limit out on trout and a few of us saved 1 fish and took off for a second lake after getting pictures with the kids and our catch.  Second lake was a bust but you never know till you try!  Came home and the was able to get home before dark which was nice after the long day we had on the ice. Sunday we took off with the ranger on a local lake in Becker County.  Ice was flooding bad near shore but was solid out 200 yards from shore.  It was our first trip out with the Ranger so it was a dry run to see how it was going to work with everything attached and hooked up for ice fishing.  Everything worked but fish didn't cooperate.  Fished a few spots using the Hellix mounted to the dash as a guide but just couldn't put fish on the ice.  Ton of small pike were active again and I did land one bluegill that measured 9.0 inches.  We did leave a little early due to the weather coming in and we had to unload prior to heading back to Moorhead.   I'm hearing mixed reports of ice reports for example on Big Pine where our cabin is I'm hearing 6-7 inches then a guy posted Friday night he was on 4 inches.  So these lakes are very hit and miss so please with the snow take time and verify a safe route especially before bringing kids out onto the ice.   This upcoming weekend I'm going to be limited availability because of the Ice Show at the Scheels Arena in Fargo.  Got a lot of friends coming in to man booths and give presentations so it'll be fun to catch up with them and the girlfriend will be in the Women Anglers of Minnesota booth all day Friday and half the day on Saturday.  I'm hoping to sneak out Saturday afternoon and fish after dark and hopefully get into some crappies or blue gills.  Hopefully I'll have better pictures next weekend.   Attached should be our Ranger with fish houses behind, group photo of us trout fishing, a few people holding up some trout (Gloria got a big one, not in our group but they forgot their phones on shore), and lastly my pretty solo bluegill I got Sunday.  
    • Rick
      Safety matters.   Not sure what you know about backwaters ice fishing @Bucketcastle but a newbie is best served going where others have already paved a trail. Especially in the backwaters where currents can be tricky.   So if you're new to those backwaters definitely look for parked vehicles and follow their trails. You will catch plenty of keepers that way as well.   Have fun.
    • papadarv
      Taking spud bar out Friday, if safe I'll be on Coon Sat.
    • CJH
      Be safe, still saw some open water this week.  It will build some ice in the next few days, but with the snow, its better to be safe than sorry.   NO fish is worth it.
    • Bucketcastle
      I'll be out with the spud bar next weekend taking it easy.  @papadarv I hope you have enough ice to test it out.  Looks like a fun set up.
    • Bucketcastle
      Following the crowd will get you fish, maybe not too many keepers though.  When you do follow them pull up a lake map and try to figure out why they're fishing there.  If its in your budget, a base model flasher for yourself for Christmas this year will definitely help you find fish, along with putting the time in to find/figure the fish out.  Learning a lake for average guys like me takes years.
    • bowhuntingboy1
      That's why I said it's very unrealistic. 
    • kelly-p
      If that was tried I would guess that the Band would be in court very fast to get the boundary dispute settled. Then all of URL could be Bands waters. If you're going to poke a sleeping bear better be prepared for him to wake up.
    • leech~~
      Well this is 5 years old but does talk about the long term history of the problem, not just Red Lake.   https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjyntGNzafmAhVsp1kKHXHkC44QFjADegQIBRAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.startribune.com%2Fmay-3-2013-fishy-trade-in-walleyes-persists-up-north%2F205903751%2F&usg=AOvVaw3ZqjwEw_5vfkNmB2fCEjN4