• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Joe

2020 Ottertail-Battle Lake-Perham-Fergus Falls area Fishing Reports

Joe

2020 Ottertail-Battle Lake-Perham-Fergus Falls area Fishing Reports - Click Here.

Click Above for 2020 Fishing Reports↑↑↑↑

2009 - 2020  Ottertail-Battle Lake-Perham-Fergus Falls area Fishing Reports are below ↓↓↓↓ (Over 25 pages of 25 posts per page).

Go ahead and post fishing reports and conditions in this thread.

Lot's of good info below already. Newer Reports are on pages that follow.

Be sure to give back and share your fishing reports here as well.

Thanks.

Gissert

With the heavy snow from the last six weeks, it has curtailed a lot of the activity that is normally seen.

The lakes are beginning to heal up a bit, but there is still a lot of slush in spots. Use caution going off the beaten path.

jerkin'm

Ditto Gissert's reply...fished a couple days over the last few weeks..LOTS of water as soon as you drill holes and plenty of slush pockets..Can't imagine having a permanent shack out around the area...fishing was not very good either..

windowmate

We have been out on Rush every weekend and it has been slow. We get fish but not like we did early in the season. Crappies as of lately have even been picky. Have not done much morning or late night fishing any suggestions if I'm wasting my time on either.

tacklebox7FF

well.. I don't know how people are doing on panfish, but we did pretty good two weeks ago.. last weekend wasn't worth a darn.. i think it was the colder weather.. it should heat up this weekend again I would think!

Ruegs23

Lot's of light biters last week. I was running the line over my finger to detect any bites. Even then I would not feel all the bites. A few times I would just lift up because the fish on my vexilar was all over my bait and the fish would be on!

jimmygrip

Spent most of Saturday on Ottertail, Had trouble finding fish and only ended up with 5 decent perch in 14 foot depth. They were biting when I could locate them but they seemed to be few and far between. Lots of houses removed from the lake. Not bad getting around on a snowmobile.

JIMMYGRIP

Catfish_Nuggets

Same story for me on OT. I located some fish but they just were not biting and when they were they were so small that they were stealing the minnow head. I tried many different depths, etc. It was frustrating dealing with the wind too....overall, pretty disgusted with it.

Trapper4

Fished most of Sunday on Rush Lake. My first Hot spot, a good panfish spot in Dec., produced zilch for sunnies (a couple bits) and one pike. Next, fished among the crowd on the East side and hooked into several very small sunfish. Third spot, found some crappie and sunfish in 17 fow on a sharp break. They were really finicky with a lot of pop and stop bites. Only caught 3 of each between 4 & 6PM, but they were nice size. All on waxies. Minnows produced no bits. It pays to keep moving and it was a great day weather wise.

Mr. Wizard

We're coming up this weekend to Rush. What are the conditions on the lake after the last couple days weather? Snowmobile travel? Anyone been on the trails to NYM and OT, Maplewood, Smokey Hills, Itasca.

tacklebox7FF

haven't been to rush this year yet..sorry

fishyslayer

Anyone want to provide some info on what the best access to go out of on Otter? Any hints on where some good fishing is for some decent size perch on this lake? South, North, West, East side?

firefish_12

is Ottertail open yet--I'd like to bring the boat and try for some perchies??---does anyone have any info on this??

Thanks

FF

firefish_12

fishslayer--I heard the sand flats on the west side are a good starting point--but I may be wrong as I've never tried this just heard second hand. I'd like to give it a whirl --when are you headed up there??

Gissert

Not open yet. Shore ice is just beginning to melt.

carpmanjake

if anyone catches a BIG smallie, around the orwell dam with a lucky craft live pointer in its mouth. i would like it back. lol

carpmanjake

orwell 2nd trip

8 species

walleye (caught alot of them like this, lost a few in the 2-3lb range, lindy rigs and leeches were the trick)

101_0900.jpg

small mouth

101_0893.jpg

101_0898.jpg

this runt bit more than he could chew. LOL

101_0894.jpg

i also had a monster smallie break my line, she took a lucky craft live pointer. i would guess her to be at least 4 lbs from how she looked. it was starting to get dark. but she was huge

bluegill

101_0899.jpg

gold eye

101_0895.jpg

drum

101_0896.jpg

shorthead

101_0897.jpg

channel cat

101_0902.jpg

silver

101_0901.jpg

seen alot of carp up shallow, but once i got out my fly rod, i couldnt find any of em.

also found a nice pike up close to the dam. i tossed a 3" gulp shiner and her, and she would go crazy for it when it hit the water. very aggressive for sure. hooked her, but her teeth cut through my line with ease (only 6lb test, UL gear)

Abudrag

I'm heading up to Ottertail Lake next week. Anybody willing to share some tips as to what type of bait, presentation, location and depth? Any information would be much appreciated.

GRAND DAD

I think am going to be fishing it this weekend If I find any thing useful all pass it on.

slammer

I know some of the tourny boats last weekend did good with shiners yet. Myself, I had good luck with a crawler and lindy rig on Tues. eve. in 15-25 fow.

fishcanoe

The Gils and Bass were biting well in the shallows last weekend on Silver. We picked up a few "true" 17" bass. In another lake I had a musky grab a 17" walleye - that was exciting. I went back with an 8" soft bait, but never saw the ski' again. I tried trolling cranks for walleye's, drifting with a lindy rig and some vertical jigging on Silver but no walleye bites at all

ottertailguy

We were up this past week on O.T. and our best luck was on a deep hump that came up to 30 feet on leeches. It was very sunny with little wind but once we found them we worked that area very slow.

carpmanjake

anyone get my live pointer back yet? lol

SpitnArgueDuckClub*

Holy moly, I just looked up the "live pointer" lures and at $20.00 a piece you might try offering some kind of reward.

carpmanjake

ya. they are expensive lol.

Joe Z.

Jake,

If it helps, the next time they lower the water level look for some of 15-20 #5 Crawfish Rattlin' Fat Raps and Rattlin' Raps I lost above and below the dam over the last 20 years. They are all yours. ;-) Joe Z.

Dave S

I've lost a few of those as well Joe. Excellent bait for the smallies and I even caught a 6 lb channel on one too.

carpmanjake

joe- wont be going back there anytime soon. my dad wants to catch cats, and we couldnt get any of any size. we got one about 3lbs in those 2 trips.

so he lost all faith in orwell. and i would really have to twist his arm to get him to go back

Joe Z.

Try below and downstream from Pisgah Dam in Fergus Falls for Cats. They won't be 20+ like north of Wahp/Breck but respectable. Chicken Livers. Joe Z

MIke A

Anybody been out for eyes recently?