• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

fishuhalik

Yeah bmc, it's for itasca. There was 52 people in the exam, now i'm in the group of 5 for the interview.

Bozzman, i totally agree. I posted earlier I think in this topic about a favorite lake of mine that I took a buddy to several years back, then he turns around and cleans it out on me. Haven't talked to him since

magnum mike

The opener was not at all what I expected. The weather was perfect and the walleyes were not cooperating. The water is still VERY low on Round Lake but many hard core anglers got some bigger boats in the lake. They appeared to struggle getting back on the trailer more than landing from what we saw. There was plenty of action all day but most of it was hammer handle northerns followed by perch. The bullheads were even biting if you used crawlers. I took until 4:00 to find some active walleyes and it didn’t last very long but long enough for a meal to make it into the boat.

CC Rocks

MM

I am heading up to Round this weekend for a couple days. Can a guy get a 17' lund in the water on the north end access?

Where is your cabin located on the lake? I have fished Round for 20+ years and know most cabins, dudes on the lake. Love to run into you to chat.

Are you going to be there this weekend also?

CCnrocks.

magnum mike

I have an 18' Lund Alaskan (wetlands camo) w/ 75 E-Tec tiller. We used the east landing in town because it was more consistant and slightly deeper than the north landing. The state came in 2 weeks before the opener and pulled out that log and dressed up the east side landing. I wore chest waders and walked the boat out to deeper water. The bottom over there is sand but it's spongy and pushing with a paddle can break through.

We have hunted & fished the area for 25+ years and had our place for the last 10. We are on the south shore and I'm watching the weather before I make plans for this weekend.

bmc

Friday I found a good walleye bite w/ the steady southeast winds blowing. The eyes and jumbos were in 7-9' of water in the newly emerging weeds. I also found some nice gills up in the pencil reeds getting ready to spawn, but I didn't see any nests yet.

Saturday for the bass opener my wife and I headed to Wabana. While the bass and panfish bite was slow, we did manage to pick up some nice walleyes in the evening.

We are headed up to Winnie/Cutfoot for a few days, so I'm hoping to have a good report to post Friday afternoon.

Brian

Jason Boser

This week was a week where we started to see the fish start moving toward deeper water. Winnie there are still fish in the shallows around stoney, river channel and all along that north shore. There are also fish out on the humps and I think it will keep getting better out there. Naturally when fishing shallow you need a jig in the 1/8-1/16 oz range but if you go deep jump up to a 1/4 or 3/8 oz jig. We are still getting shiners but they are getting harder.

Leech is going pretty good I was out there a couple times this last week. We fished in the weeds and rocks. the rocks were good when the wind blew, the weeds were better with no wind. Jig and shiner were still king with the little 1/16 oz fireball working best in the shallow rocks.

I hit Bowstring one day also and it was decent. The landing was a bugger getting into but we did it and only got alittle wet. Most of our fish came out of the deep water 16- 20 ft. We were using 1/8 oz gumballs and a shiner but I did see some people catch them with a leech and lindy rig.

Good luck fishing and be safe

Jason Boser

fishing fever guide service

mnfishing pros guide service

Jason Boser

Another good week of fishing. With a good wind we still got some fish in the shallows but they tended to be on the small side.

Sand was a little tough we had a hard time getting the walleyes to bite. Every now and then we would get a few to go but it was tough. The ones we did get were in that 10-12 ft of water right on the edge of the weeds with a jig and minnow.

Fished Bowstring one day we did well. We got a few fish on the humps and bars, but most of our fish came from the weeds in the shallow water 6-7 ft of water. The water is pretty green right now and I think the fish will stay shallow for awhile. I was using a jig and minnow for the whole day there also, mostly a 1/8 oz gumball and shiner. Soon we should see the spinner bite get going out there with a leech or crawler.

Good luck fishing

Jason Boser

218-999-5591

fishingminnesota.com

bigbucks

Any general info on Thunder (sometimes called Big Thunder) as far as what type of walleye & panfish bite to look for in a week or so?

Going to be there for a week, have never been on the lake. The map shows some nice structure. I get the impression it's clear & mostly hard bottom with a lot of sand bars is that accurate?

Should I plan to fish pretty deep, like 20+ feet at least during the day?

Jim Almquist

I think you are on the right track as far as depth. It seems like all the clear lakes in the area need to be fished at depths beyond 16" unless you have some good chop or/and cloud cover. Might be kinds tough to find the crappies but I know there are a few out there.

Jason Boser

Fishing walleyes this past week has it's up and downs, with the warmer water temps the fish are changing over to more leech and crawler bite, the may fly hatch is also coming to an end on area lakes. The downs are when we have to deal with the high winds, because most of the walleyes we been catching are on mid lake structure 21ft. to 24ft. depth range. When fishing these areas you have to fish these walleyes slow and somewhat vertical. Use your electronics to locate the fish on these humps or main lake breaks. It will save a lot of time, it's called finding the spot on the spot. Look for them, like you would on a shoreline bite, check all the points, inside turns, and most importantly the sharps breaks. I like to be somewhat old fashion and throw a marker on the outside of the school of fish, when I locate on these spots, because they usually hold pretty tight. On days when this is not possible we have located fish tight in cabbage weeds, jig and minnow, or run a spinner along the edge, tip with a leech or crawler. Be safe & enjoy a great day on the water, in Northern Minnesota.

Charlie Worrath

www.fishingminnesota.com

[email protected]

218-246-2159

Jason Boser

I got out to Sand and Bowstring one day with limited success. I found some shallow cabbage on Bowstring that held a few fish right around the edge of the weeds that were laying on top of the water. we were using 1/8 oz gumball jigs and golden shiners.

good luck fishing

Jason Boser

218-999-5591

Jason Boser

As far as walleyes fishing on area lakes, the walleyes are starting to make a move from the mid lake structures back towards the shoreline, not say all the fish, but some are moving up to shoreline weed beds. It's only the end of July but with warm water temps are pushing the fish up shallow, as far as jig fishermen or ladies jig fisherwomen it's good news. as those shallow water fish can be caught wiith a jig minnow combo or on a rig with a 3 ft leader tip with a crawler or leech. The deeper walleyes are still biting a rigs tip with again leech or crawler on a 5ft to 7ft leader. Perch are also showing up on the rocks humps 12ft to 15ft range and are feeding on this years crawfish hatch, jig & minnow working well, when fishing these perch, fish just about under the boat, don't let out a lot of line,they seem to like to hide under the boat shallow. So just fish along side the boat, again this works well for perch, but walleye let a lot of line out, to get away from the boat. Larger northern pike are also starting to show up in shoeline weed beds.

Charlie Worrath

www.fishingminnesota.com

[email protected]

218-246-2159

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 9.0.851 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3029 - Release Date: 07/26/10 01:36:00

Jason Boser

Yesterday we ended up with a good bite going on a jig and minnow in 7 ft of water, but most of the fish have been a bit deeper in the 12-17 ft of water on the edges of the main break. So it goes to show don’t ever rule anything out this time of the year.

Sometimes you just have to move around to find the ones that are biting.

Fishing in the warm stable weather has remained fairly steady with some days being really good.

Good luck fishing

Jason Boser

Jason Boser

It was another awesome week of fishing. It is hard to believe the fishing can be this good in early august. I have been fishing Winnie for the most part. I have been catching most fish in 5-7 ft of water on the rocks. There are a couple nice ridges on ravens and stoney with nice rocks and we have been trolling around them with a 1/8 oz Northland gum ball and a shiner or a chub. It has been working like a charm. The ticket is to snap the jig pretty hard to get it out of the weeds on the bottom of the rocks let it sit for a bit and get ready to set the hook. Another option is trolling spinners or crank baits out in that 12-14 ft of water the fish seem to be scattered out around the scattered weeds and are pretty active.

Good luck fishing

fishing fever guide service

218 999 5591

Jason Boser

what a change 90's to mid 60's that is a change in weather. The good thing is the fishing hasn’t suffered to bad. I have been at Winnibigosh again this whole last week. The fishing has been great. I have been catching walleye's in the shallow rocks yet, 4-7 ft with a jig and minnow. This has been fun on some days you can see the fish down there rummaging around and cast right to them and you will catch them. when we have wind that does help out the fishing. without wind you can catch walleyes on the flats outside the weeds in the 10-12 ft with a spinner or a shad rap covering ground, or even the big bars on the south side of the lake with a lindy rig or spinner. The perch are starting to show up on the rocks also and even on the deep humps we are getting some nice perch. Its also time to start looking for the crappies they should start showing up in their fall haunts soon

good luck fishing

Jason Boser fishing fever guide service

fishingminnesota

218 999 5591

Max4DRT

any idea where to find a muskie? been here since saturday and havent seen a one! been fishing the gap tamarack bay, and trolled a little on high banks

Jason Boser

nope they have been slow this year

maybe try cutfoot

Jason

Jason Boser

Walleye fishing on area lakes has been very good for the month of August, Sand Lake look for walleyes in 12 to 15 ft Jig or rig has been the best presentation, also crappies are showing up, Bowstring Lake, again looking for walleyes, the best depth has been 8 1/2 ft. Spinners tip with a 1/2 crawler or reddish type shad raps have the choice of baits, don't forget on both of these lake you can keep 9 northern pike limit pre person ( under 22 inches) great for pickling, and help out the lake, by removing these fish. great action for the kids. Big Winnie also has a hot bite, with a strong south wind Muskie bay has been good, along with stony point. spinners tip with a 1/2 crawler or rig with 3 ft. leader again tip with a crawler or jig minnow has work well, on the calmer days the main bars has produce a lot of fish in 19 to 17 ft. range. rigs with 6 to 7 ft. leaders tip with crawler or leeches has been the best presentation. Signs good for the fall crappie bite in cut-foot-souix area. Be safe, Have fun, enjoying a day on the water.

Charlie Worrath

Gus

Last weekend Sand produced some walleyes, along with pike of course, trolling shad raps in 12-15 feet about 3mph. Few jumbo perch in the mix as well. For as windy as it was, we were happy with the results.

Jason Boser

Well this is it for me for fishing reports. I am done with my season and off to hunt and fish for myself. Fall is my favorite time of the year. It has been a good season fishing has been excellent for all species, the people with me fishing and asking questions have been great, thank you. Also if you all ever have questions through out the year do not hesitate to contact me and ask.

\Fishing this past week has been great the walleye have been doing their fall thing a good shallow bite. Winnie, cutfoot and sand have really been going strong. The fish seem to be in that 10-13 ft when there is no wind and shallower with a good wind. Jig and minnow have been the best but some times a crawler and lindy has been the ticket.

The crappies have been going full swing with most the fish going deep and suspended. Hoover over them and get them to bite with a little 1/8 or 1/16 oz fireball and a chub.

Sunnies have been deep suspended with the crappies or on the edge of the weeds in the 10-12 ft of water. A small jig with a crawler or a maggot on the hook should get them going.

Good luck fishing and thank you for following my reports

Jason Boser

218-999-3391

BCwalleyes

Out this past weekend on Woman Lake. Leaves will be in full color this coming week, wish I could say that the walleyes were biting. Look forward to trying to figure out this lake.

BC

Bozzman

People are sure quiewt on this site......... If you want to play that way I will not talk about my spots either!!!....LOL

Bozzman
People are sure quiewt on this site......... If you want to play that way I will not talk about my spots either!!!....LOL
12-6-10, Still quite!

magnum mike

Still quite what?

Greg Clusiau

Funny Mike grin You heading to Lucas Land this winter?

bmc

I hit Moose Lake north of Deer River, for my 1st ice trip of the year.

I fished from 3:30 to 5:30. I caught some small perch and the walleye bite lasted a whole minute or two. I caught one nice 16" 'eye at 10 to 5. I thought what a good way to start, never graphed a fish after that.

Brian

magnum mike

I'm getting the itch to drill a hole but I don't want to get wet. Lucas says the ice is shaping up but slowly. We are planning our first ice trip after Christmas and Lucas is at the top of the list. It sounds like his cabin is booked but we have other options for lodging. I was told the fishing was WAY slow lsat year but that seemed to be the case everywhere.

Deet

Brian,

Did you go out from the landing on the East end? Just wondering if there's good ice out from there. Thanks.

bmc

No I didn't fish the east end, but I did see a skid house out off the SE shore. I think it is a friend of mine, but I'm not sure.

IN NO WAY does this mean it is OK to drive out on the lake. I wouldn't even drive an ATV or snowmobile out there yet.

I'm still advising to USE CAUTION when venturing out!!!

Brian

rcatcherman

Anybody know whats it doing for ice on roosevelt. Might drop by on the way back from Lake of the Woods and Red lake in a couple of weeks