• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

As of last weekend, the jig/minnow combo was still working good out there on the mid lake structure 16-20'. Pulling a 6' lindy rig with a crawler or leech will produce in the same areas if the fish are finicky. As far as I know there's no hidden dangers out there. There is a rockpile on the east side of the lake, but I don't think it gets shallow enough to cause any trouble. As always though, use caution. If the wind comes up it can get rough out there in a hurry, something to keep in mind.

Brian

water levels are getting low, but still useable-I hope we get this rain(no wind) the're talking about!

Any recent reports from Thunder, I'll be heading up for a the weekend with the guys and the girls. For most of them it will be R&R but I hope to do more CPR, esspecially on the smallies. Maybe a few panfish too for the less ambitious anglers. I was there a month ago and did well on LM in the shallow reeds. I would assume the eyes are pretty hard to come by these days.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be bringing the boat up this weekend for one last trip before storage. Staying at Jessie View but will be bouncing around a bit looking for walleye and crappies.

Good Luck, I was up on little Jessie from Thursday to Sunday. We threw everything we could at them in between the hi winds and snow and rain. Tried floating worm harness, chartreuse, dark green and white. Jigs red, yellow, green, 3/8 oz Floating as well. Bottom bouncers with six foot leaders. Floating Rapala's on the end. Slip bobber plain hook or some tried jigs. Tried early morning 6am through noon and late into the night. Marked fish at 30 to 37 feet on the bottom some day marked more them others. 33 feet seem to mark most of the fish. Tried trolling shallows 15 to 22 feet never mark any fish shallow. As well as drifting any where we marked fish. Water temp 47 degrees surface. Talked to a guy who has been fishing up on a few other lakes in the area he was not having any luck ether. Didn't say what lakes he was fishing. I have a friend on Bowstring he has only hooked into a few in the last two weeks. I have a nephew who works for an outfit on Milacs, said the reports of the boats going out were coming in with a good number of eye's. I hope this helps and I hope you do better then we did.

Good LUCK

MK

Thanks for the report, depending on the weather we may try Winni or if its crappy Cutfoot. Will definately spend some time on Bowstring

never heard a lot of good reports coming from little jessie. not saying there are none, personally one of the last lakes i'd fish.

IF had more time I think I would have liked to hit bowstring Or spend a day going to winni. But when I'm at a cabin with the kind of unpredictable weather we had it was easy to leave the boat at the dock in front of the cabin and get out when the wind wasn't so bad. Ya I know It is just an excuse to not load the boat and go to another lake. We did have a few other chores to take care of while we were at my brothers cabin. And I agree Little Jessie is not known for great walleye. But do get some great northern and bass out of there from time to time. I think going over to winni would be the thing to do for better action.

MK

• 1 month later...

headed up to talmoon area the weekend of dec 12th, can anyone keep me posted as to the progress of ice thickness on the smaller lakes,PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grinsmilecool THANKX!!!!!!!

Live by Talmoon Little Turtle started to freeze the other day but was open back today suppose to turn alot colder starting tomorrow for next week

2 below this morning Little Turtle frozen over should keep making ice all week by the forecast.

Some of the SMALL lakes MIGHT be ready by this coming weekend. I heard today that Moose froze over last night and the Wendigo Arm of Pokegama froze over last night as well.

While working today there was radio traffic of a dog through the ice on Round Lake, by Bovey and a woman went through the ice on the Bigfork River.

I know we are all anxious to hit the ice, but PLEASE err on the side of CAUTION!!! Don't risk your life or your potential rescuer's life!!!

At first ice, fish with a buddy. Let someone at home know where you're fishing and when you will be home. Don't deviate from that plan unless you call that person and let them know the change in plans. Wear life jackets, have ice picks around your neck and accessible. Also bring a long rope with something heavy on the end so you can throw it out to someone in the water if necessary. Bring a chisel and check the ice every step. USE COMMON SENSE AND BE SAFE!!!

Brian

After a Saturday road cruise about 25 miles around Squaw Lake, we found ice almost everywhere. Every lake we saw was ice covered with no opwn water. Anything with moving water was open. Big Winnie appeared to be ice covered from what we could see at the darkhouse road looking east. There was about 2" of ice near shore but no more than that.

11 below in Talmoon this morning should be making good ice, heavy snow is suppose to stay to the southeast and we are in the 1-2 inch range hope so we don't need heavy snow right now on the lakes.

As of today, Deer Lake, by Moose is pretty much wide open according to a guy who lives on the west side. No suprise though as it is always one of the last ones to freeze up.

My first ice fishing trip is scheduled for a week from today. Gotta get a doe with the muzzleloader first.

Brian

Brian I can remember ice fishing Moose and there were guys still duck hunting the islands on Deer lake. Good time to be on the ice.

We just came back from upnorth. On firday morning it had still open water, but on Monday when we came home it was all frozen over.

Five days without a post on here. Everyone must be fishing. Just curious if anyone knows how much ice is on Bowstring. Haven't been out yet. Thanks!!!

Talk to a friend on the east shore of Bowstring he has been out on the east side by rock pile said there is 12 inches may be alittle less as you go toward middle. There was 4 wheelers/portables out from the access on 35 along the crappie break.

Just got back from Big Jessie by the access helped my son put out a spear house 13+ inches(tape measured) of clear ice.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to be heading up to the cabin for our annual ice fishing trip. Looking for any reports on how fishing has bee on Jessie, Bowstring or Turtle this year.

Thanks

I too am looking for any report from Sand Lake just North of Bowstring. Will be up there on Wed-Fri (Jan13-15). Thanks!