• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

reports on the WFC where the pine river feeds into it??? anyone?? HELP!!

I have not even fished up there this year, but I have some friends who did, and they had one really good day, and then e other days have been marginal. Early they caught them pitching jigs shallow....like 4-10 feet. I would guess now some fish will be a little deeper on the weed lines. Good luck!

Not having much luck finding the walleyes this year. I was out by the A frame and Cobbins this morning and the only fish I could come up with were pike. I also trolled Booming Out Bay and the narrows.

Where's the 'eyes hiding? shocked

The best days seem to be windy ones, fish the big shallow flats, with a spot tail shinner and livebait rig. Try 10-20 feet. I don't bother trying to mark lots of fish this time of year, I just drop in and start moving. Good luck.

well no eyes this weekend....had a blast catchin sunfish though....I could hardly get my hook in the water and I would have another one on.....all anywhere from 1/2 to pounders.....will be having a great fry here on wednesday....gotta love whoever invented the ultralight rods and reels smile

We stayed at Craguns Memorial weekend. Caught some walleyes just north of Sqaw Point along the drop in 10-14 feet. Graphed a LOT of walleyes but only caught 3 in 3 hours. I watched a guy land about an 8 pounder right in the middle of the day.

Big Toe

fishin4fun85...I did the same thing as you, caught tons of large pannies and a fair amount of nice bass along with them. the highlight was when my girlfriend caught a 3 1/2 pound bass and her 9 1/4 inch pumpkinseed...all fish shallow in 4 feet or less

Found a few eyes this weekend on various lakes. Saw two huge eyes both caught off docks on the middle of the day in calm water. Go figure. Plenty of pike biting too.

Fished Edward Sat morning and the pike and bass were biting, walleyes were a bit slow. Fished Gull Sat afternoon, Sun & Mon. The walleyes are going good along the weedlines. Lindys with spot-tail shiners, redtails or leeches were working. The bass are biting up in the shallows in or near spawning areas.

fished flats sunday caught about 50 cigars and a few eaters. Biting as soon as rig hit the bottom. Had a great time.

Fished Gull about 3 hours per day Saturday - Tuesday.

Bottom may have been a little too deep ... trolling raps across the flats produced 15.5" to 21" walleye on almost every pass in the evening or when the clouds covered the sun. If we went too fast the northerns replaced the walleyes on the treble hooks. We were almost always alone where we were catching fish.

The bass on Gull were hungry at times. Seemed like they would turn on hard and stop just as quick. Two of us boated about 20 in 40 minutes Monday. Small guys were in the shallow slop. The nicer 18s were deeper on the first break.

Fun weekend.

??? are there really very many crappies on the southside of Gull in the Spring? Between the eyes and bass, I do not take much time to look, but I am not glassing many boats out there in likely crappie spots nor many boats throwing bobbers.

crappies fishing on the south end off the lake is done around maddens and in green lake and in wilson bay

Jumped on Gull Friday night during the rain and got chased off from the lighting after an hour but managed to get 9 eyes during that time frame. Shallow seemed to be the key. Also go into the Bowfin on Saturday at another lake and that pretty much summed up the weekend.

Buddha:

In the weeds? On the edge of the weeds? or sand or rocks? Thanks!

The crappie bite has been fantastic! Have been out 5 times in the last week and we have boated well over 500+ of them. I did not say we kept that many....just boated them. Wanted to clarify so people did not freak out.

We are still finding them in about 5-6 feet off water. They move around so be prepared to move with them. Fun times!

No clicker needed when you figure 20 every five minutes when the action is on! My three kids caught over 100 the other night in about an hour and half. All I did was cast for my youngest and make sure no one tangled up. They would hit the bait as soon as it hit the water. It is no joke when I say the bobber was down in 2 seconds. The kids love it! Wish I could go out tonight.

Great to hear you got into the Crappies MN, and it's even better to hear you brought the kids. I think I found a batch on Gull so that I can bring my son to get him into a few biters...and maybe keep a handful for a meal.

brainerd/crosby/aitkin report... man, bass and northerns galore.. with a 5 wally. cant beat the fishn now. 66 degree water and lots of biting hungry fish. jw

Last night from about 7:00 to 9:00, the walleyes were hungry on Gull on the flat on the north side of squaw in 10-12 ft of water. I didn't keep any, but it was an easy limit, all 15-18". Caught them on S&W spot tails. Rigging. A little longer leader than normal, maybe five foot. Only a few rock bass mixed in. There was almost nobody out there. Man did the mitts get cold after dippin' into the minnow bucket. I caught at least one fish on every pass. Big deal for me because I aint that good.

This morning same spot, all the remainder of my minnows eaten up by large mouths. Again nobody out there. Even colder.

Forum rookie on the loose so watch out!

Weeds, thanks for the post, might of helped my problem the other day on Gull. I was rigging but way to short of a leader it sounds like.

I really don't know if it made the difference. I usually go with about 3 foot. I got busted off early and it was cold and that's what I tied on so I went with it. Welcome to the forum.

well weeds im just clutchin at straws because i sucked the other day. and your thread gave me a great excuse for myself. But you can't keep a bad man down, so off i go tonite if this pesky work thing doesn't get in the way! smile

I am new to this site so HI! everyone.

My son, wife and I are going to visit my sister and her family this weekend. They live in the Barrows/Brainerd area. None of us have ever fished the area and we are looking for any advice on where we can take 2 - 2yr old boys to catch some fish. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Welcome to the area. Near Barrows, I would try Crow Wing Lake (osuth of Barrows approx. 5 miles on hwy 371). Lots of panfish,bass and pike.

Their is a nice pier at Zorbas on Gull, I never fish it but their are always good report coming of the pier, even if you do not catch a fish someone will probably borrow you a perch in an ice cream pail for your 2 year old to play with. Also; if you are in a boat buy a scoop of Crappie minnows and let the 2 year old dip in the minnow bucket it will buy you a couple of hours of worry free fishing.

Good Luck !!

THANK YOU! for the advice smartguy and burbot I really appreciate any help you can give me.

I will check out the map and see just where Crow Wing Lake is. Is there any particular place on the lake?

The minnows are a great idea too if they get bored. I hope I can find enough fish to keep them entertained though.

Thank you again!

does anyone know if there is a tent campground somewhere near brainerd/baxter area--looking to bring the family up caMPing next weekend kiddies are 2,4 and 12--hopefully we can find a place to tent and maybe catch some or crappies for action

thanks

for the help