• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I headed out to German lake earlier today, not expecting much after the windy cool down from yesterday, and was surprised by some good Bass action.

I also got a small northern, and a couple small panfish.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hit the pier at German lake again today armed with some 4-5" chubs and caught 5 northerns, with 2 over 30", in a couple hours.

And one of my girls was next to me catching perch and small bass with crappie minnows.

• Thumbs Up 2

I went out to the Cannon lake pier this morning with fatheads hoping to get a walleye or two. Instead I got a dozen decent perch.

They must have been hungry to slam fatheads the way they did.

They were all caught right next to the dock.

IMG_20151022_132235_397.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Cannon does produce some nice perch for Southern MN when you get into them. The crappies aren;'t bad either. The eyes should be around soon. Nice catch Mitch.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Did some open water shore fishing today. Learned a bit about a gravel pit near my house that will be good news for the ice. Also, I fished a smaller river and witnessed walleyes feeding on the surface. I managed one small male about 13" but let me repeat that...I saw walleyes feeding on the surface on Dec. 11th, 2015.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that archery season is over with I got out ice fishing for the first time for the season. A couple buddies and I targeted crappies for a few hours this afternoon. The bite was not fast and furious but we kept about a dozen 10-12" crappies and a few bluegills. We also threw back about as many smaller ones. All were caught on a weedline in 14-15' with waxies or minnow heads.

The ice was pretty sketchy yet with no more than about 4" or so with spots less than that. Alot of snow/slush and when you popped a hole alot of water would come up. This was on one of the bigger, deeper lakes in the area. 

thanks for the ice report Matt.  I am going to try it on a shallow "bowl" lake tomorrow so I hope the ice is decent for walking there.  Usually they freeze a bit quicker than the larger deeper lakes like you tried. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking for a lake in se mn to take my 12 year old son ice fishing on that has good Perch and walleye can any one help me with one that's has a fair bite on thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It's been pretty dead on here. 

I've found that the fish are definitely in winter mode. Aggressive techniques aren't working as well and the dead stick is taking over. I think I'm going to strictly panfish the season out. I'm going to start hitting the smaller lakes that may not hold eyes but could grow a nice pannie. Goal of the next two months is a ten inch sunny, 15 inch crappie and 13 inch perch...I think the sunny will be the toughest!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll take any tips on a chance at a big pannie...

I'm heading to the windom area for a chance at my big sunny with walleye,cats and crappie, too. I was gonna go to Mille lacs but remembered I always do better going south, especially this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

sure quite around here.    fish must be biting. 

look to shallow water  their  there.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

I took the girls out to the pier on Cannon lake for a little bit today the action was slow and they got bored fast but there were a couple good size perch and 1 17" walleye that was released on bail until his sentencing hearing next Saturday :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Caught 3 Northerns and lost a big 4th at the dam in Faribault (the one closest to Alexander Park entrance) I had crappie minnows on a bobber trying for panfish but the Pike were hungry. Might be a good place to try if anyone is targeting them this weekend.

• 1 month later...

Slow forum lately. Starting to find walleye out in deeper water. 25-35ft . Spinner and leech are putting fish in the boat. Water temps on the lake I've been fishing have been around 75 degrees. Tight lines guys/gals!

Edited by LunkerLover84
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't had much luck anywhere this summer. Most action I've found has been on the Cannon river but the heavy rains keep messing that up.

• 4 months later...

Yesterday on Cedar lake was catching panfish in 12' on waxworms and Pike in 8' on tip-ups. Saw a really fat 34incher caught and released by the guy next to us at the same depth.

Screenshot_20161230-162840.png

• 2 weeks later...

Fished Roberds lake today and had my buddy with a camera along. We saw over a hundred fish on the camera but they weren't biting. We were in 14' of water and saw Northerns, Walleyes, and big schools of panfish. We managed to hook 2 gills in 5 hours. Heading to Cedar lake tomorrow.

Lake Washington wasn't producing anything for me and my friend yesterday or the day before. Couldn't fish long, but picked a location in about 25' of water in the deep spot of the lake east of the peninsula. Heading out again today to find some fish down near Mankato. Good luck everyone!

West end of Francis produced several smallish pike. Didn't hear much catching going on there either. Fished there this afternoon (saturday). Hoping to get back there tomorrow and drill some more holes. 

Fished Cannon lake this evening. I bounced around from 12-5ft of water and started to mark fish in 8ft so I set up there until dark. I saw a bunch of fish come in for a look but not one nibble. Tried every color and style spoon and jig I had but nothing. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fished francis yesterday found some sunnies up shallow but didn't find any good size.

• 7 months later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:36 AM, Nate Willinger said:

Is this post dead?

Not if you or someone else brings it back to life and 'post a fishing report :) 

On 1/1/2018 at 11:52 AM, Rick said:

Not if you or someone else brings it back to life and 'post a fishing report :) 

Well my report isn't too helpful but the wife and I went to lake Emily this past tuesday and didn't do too great. We were the only ones out there and didn't catch but a few baby perch in 5 hours. The day didn't start off too bad but that wind picked up and it wanted to pick up the flip over a few times. We still had a good time catching the baby perch. Seems like after you throw one down, he forgets and bites the lure later. Lol

• Thanks 1

Was out on french lake all weekend.

15" of ice at least (didn't have a tape on me). trucks driving all over the lake.

sitting in 17' of water south of sandbar, some nice perch in the morning then slowed to nothing later in the evening.

Some friends were catching decent crappies north of the 50' hole sunrise/sunset

• Thumbs Up 1

Went to Madison Lake a couple days ago and had minimal success. Caught 1 crappie but missed a couple more. 

Using minnows on glow hook. There were 17 inches of ice where I was. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There were a lot of houses out on Madison a few days ago, they must of been hammering them by the looks of it.

• Thumbs Up 1