• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm not thinking of in front of MB, try thinking the other end of the lake. there is a huge bass bedding area very close as well.

they just built a multi million dollar shack up the bank back in the trees were this spot is. I've caught crappies there in the winter in 20-24 fow. the only thing that stayed was the old boat house shed with a rock face.

that should give it away.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishgutz77

• walleye365

• panfishpounder00

• bustin lips

Whether it is a joke or it some good info. I am curious as to how many people will be there when I drive right past this spot. Lots of views somebody is bound to try it out

there are too many areas on this system to try to concentrate on one!! the good thing is that side of the lake or most any part of the lake is only snowmobile accessible with the snow and slush....can't make it this weekend and am now questionable with the superbowl weekend as I might head to Red.....but the second weekend in Feb watch out!!

I think all the views must be a search engine thing?

I've never seen anything close to that on the BT type thread.

The spot is for real but I usually only fish it after the eye season is closed and you can still fish trout.

fishgutz you up here. planin heading to BT tomarrow morning see if the laker gods are on my side. i will post a report

I'm saving all my laker karma for the burntside bash next weekend in Ely.

I'ts going to be a great time,go to the Ely thread and you can check it out.

this is the 7th annual b-side bash and there will probably be 60-100 people there depending on the weather. most will be FM'ers

good luck can wait for a report

Well, I just got back from the chain. I fished BT, Cross, and Little Pine. BT was brutal, graphed lots of fish but only caught 10 crappies between 3 guys. Cross was even more brutal. Graphed a ton of fish with no takers. Little Pine on the other hand was the ticket. I fished out in the middle of nowhere and as soon as I dropped the vex down I saw fish stacked. Caught around 25 with only 2 good sized fish. Got broken off about 10 times and caught 1 6-7# pike. I found no tough travel spots on BT or Little Pine but Cross has a lot of slushy spots. Too many spots to pinpoint just one but it was too cold to move around alot. All in all it was a good time. Good Luck!

fishgutz i wish i could be there good luck. fished BT from 11am to 5 from 30 to 60 fow started in 30 spent alot of time there 2 whiteys and couple big marks on the vex that chase hard but wouldnt hit also had like a cloud of bait fish move in that covered the bottom 5 feet kind of like burntside when the smelt move in. 4 more whiteys in 45ft they were all 17-18 inches helped past the time they fight moved to 60ft were i got 2 out of 5 lookers to be takers 15in and 18in lakers.i agree with bustin it was cold and travel to my suprise was good out there i didnt go far but it looked good. i was alone and it was the first time out there this year so didnt go were i would of liked to ice was around 14-16in

That's a good afternoon on BT, wish I was there and in on the whitey action. sounds like they where kind of all over.

I'll be back up after the bash, I'll shoot you a post when I can get up. I usually spend the morning on BT then head to WFC. The whiteys over there average much larger 3-5 pounds.

Do you need a trout stamp for lakers? One more question, do you jig a minnow head for them, or maybe just an airplane jig? Thanks.

Yes you do need a trout stamp. If they're active they'll hit anything, but just to be safe it's always a good idea to tip your jig.

You need a trout stamp to posses a trout. not sure on dedicated trout lakes if you need a stamp just to fish. but definetly to keep one. If you are fishing a lake and it's not a dedicated trout lake you must release the trout with out a stamp.

fishgutz them are some nice whiteys. what do u think the cloud was that i had come in on the vex i will look for your post.all the fish caught were on a kastmaster tiped with a shiner head i had a set line down,but only went down once have way and back up never touched after.

They could have been ciscos or tulibees on BT, there are some big schools of bait fish on whitefish as well.

I've caught some whitefish out there that are 24+inches even in the summer time on the downriggers with small spoons.

them are some big whiteys. have you hooked in to any lakers in the summer with the downriggers if any what size do they usually go. iv tryed it a few times with deep diveing cranks with a few around 17-20in.

Thats the about the same size as I get up there as well.

I catch whiteys bigger than trout up there on the downriggers.

Some really big northerns come on lead core and downriggers out on the big lake.

I have not caught a trout over 21" there in 2 years.

Last year was a tough year for lakers in the summer.

wonder what the problem is with the trout up there. they stock it every 2 years from 2001 they have put 80,637 yearlings in there. who knows how many survive and i know they move out just figured we would see bigger fish.

i'll be out there sat. also. i'm not giving up! i'm bound and determined to catch a laker out there! hopefully my auger runs better than last weekend. that was a miserable trip! had to tear the carb off in the back of my truck. then i sliced my finger wide open in the process. the marcum died on me and it was extemely windy out there (last fri.).

panfishpounderOO i plan on being on the lake around 7. got 2 last weakend 15 and 18 it was a good day. will be in a fish trap maroon chevy and with the nice weather moveing around more should help tracking them down. good luck

I fished BT yesterday mornin from 8-12:30, we fished from 28-80 fow, caught one trout 16"(28fow) within the first ten minutes then marked a bunch of stuff( prolly whiteys) for the rest of the day. Gonna try it again today. I'll report later.

Nice to hear a few fish being caught, I landed one chunky 21"er on b-side up at the bash this weekend. I'll be heading to WFC this weekend if all works out maybe see you guys on the ice,\.

Fished from 11-6 yesterday mostly 35 fow, didn't catch any, although my father had a couple of bites. Saw at least 7 trout(2 nice ones maybe 5#) and a couple eyes on the cam.

anyone haven any luck out there. nothin last two weekends but whiteys for me fishin 35-65fow just not happenin.has any of you that fish BT ever caught any in the deep water the 80-120fow.

Also haven't been having any luck with the trout but better luck with the crappies on some smaller lakes in the area.

well, i finnally convinced my dad to go after some lake trout with me this afternoon! unfortunately we didn't do any good. didn't even see anything on the marcum. suprisingly it's pretty easy travel out there, i was sure there was going to be alot of slush pockets, but the ice is solid as could be. talkin' bout bottoming the auger out! man there's alot of ice now! anybody else been doing anything out there?

I have never fished lake trout before and was going to give Big Trout a try. I was wondering if there are any special regs for fishing them on Big Trout?

If you catch one in deep water do you have to keep it because there pretty much dead? I don't know thats what I have heard.

Thanks

well, i always have a trout stamp so i'm not to sure on the regs there. i heard that you can fish them without one but you can't keep any. as for killing them, no, lake trout have a different kind of swim bladder, there able to expell the gas faster. the bladder wall is thicker and performs different than say walleye or perch. if you plan to fish big trout, be prepared to fish all day. good electronics is a must! swedish pimples, buckshot rattle spoons,northland airplane jigs, white bass tubes on 3/4 - 1 oz. jig head. i use 3/4 oz in 50 ft. and shallower. 1 oz. if fishing deeper than that. and if you can get them still, shiners, dead seems to work better. i went to get some today and the shop was all out! pike and walley season is just bout done.preseved shiners or herring have produced also, so there's an option. hope this helped! good luck!