• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishgutz77

• walleye365

• panfishpounder00

• bustin lips

I havent seen a truck out there yet and I'm that way quite a bit.The eyes are hitting from what I hear from friends.

Was just up there last weekend. There was a car out from the landing on Sunday but otherwise just a few snowmobile tracks. I wouldn't take a fullsize truck without drilling some holes. Big Trout was the plan but we wound up fishing Clamshell and Kego with varies results. Ran into some slush as well with the sled. I'd be curious as to how you do if you go.

We started out by the island with tipups. Had one flag in close to 2 hrs. Moved to in front of the access and started jigging for panfish. Pulled up a mess of sunnies and crappies. Had to do some sorting but kept a nice meal. A local guy had a 8-9lb northern in the back of his pickup when we got there. It was our first time on the lake, pretty nice. Reminded me of small private lakes north of Grand Rapids.

yeah it is a nice lake....I got kicked off this lake the first time i tried to fish it by a big storm this summer.....the thing is I thought there were only 1 or 2 cabins on the lake but after some research found out there are more but they are tucked into the woods which is pretty cool cause you can see there docks but not the cabins......I have heard there is a good population of panfish but have not been able to locate them.....thanks and good luck

I'm also going to be up this weekend with the sleds. I think that I will bring up the otter and try my luck on the walleyes on Big trout being that we are staying at Manhatten Beach Lodge. I have a green otter and a xc-500. Stop by and say Hi.

I might see you sunday. I gotta few things I have to do sat.

I will keep an eye out for you. I have blue 6800 clam and 600 indy xlt 2 up. stop if you see me. most of the time I dont set the house up unless I'm on fish. on BT you have to move alot.

well, went to big trout fri. afternoon for some laker action. there are no roads plowed, just snowmobile tracks. after the cold snap, it froze the slush and hardened the snow made for easy driving on the ice. there's plenty of ice, about 14-16 in. started in 120 fow after graphing no fish moved in to 80 fow. saw a couple fish at 50 and 55 fow, no takers. tried in 65 fow and graphed a few huge shools of either tulibee or whitefish. dropped the ultralight with a northland forage spoon tipped with waxi, they would imediatly come and investigate but only had one little tap. tied every jig i had, nothing. might wait till mid- feb for more lake trout fishing.

It opened thursday the 15th. The DNR made the change after the regulation booklets were distributed.

But hey, it's always safer to think a season opens later than it really does instead of earlier than it really does. wink

at first i was a little confused on the dates, but made a call to local office and confirmed it was thurs. it was nice to have a lake all to ourseleves for once, i don't know if the confusion kept everyone off or the fact that no one had been on the lake yet kept people off. there was only a couple ice houses to the west side of the lake.

LOL! Hopefully you do better than i did! I might be back over that way tomorrow to give it another shot. I just have to convince my dad of the same! we didn't try jigging a rat-l-trap. perhaps something with a rattle would produce? we tried #5 &#7 swedish pimples in silver, gold, silver/blue, white/pearl.had 1 looker at the silver/blue. tried 5" white bass tube with 3/4 oz. jig head- 1 looker at that. no fish w/ dead or live shiners. we fished pretty deep water maybe shallower is the ticket(40-50 fow)anyway, i'll be in a silver 4runner w/ soft top and eskimo quickflip 3. may be we'll see you out there! good luck! -steve

My best luck on BT has been the 40-65 fow. today I had two nice fish come in fast then turn away on a buckshot rattle spoon. The bad news is my vex battery died and I wrapped it up about noon. got my backside handed to me by the lake trout gods today. I'll be up to try again after the B-side bash.

unfortunatly i didn't make it out. the wife made me do some honey-do stuff.I told her since i couldn't go out there that she had to let me buy a new laker set-up! thorne bro. here i come! hopefully i'll have it in a couple of weeks. I have my son next weekend so it's back to gills' and crappies. i don't think he'd have the patience for lake trout. the week after i'm hittin it hard. the guys at work gave me guff for going out there, they said there was only 3 lakers in the whole lake, and i was wastin my time. time to prove them wrong! anyway, if your back up this way again maybe we can hook up and do some laker chasin.

We have started to pick up the pace on Big Trout for very nice crappies, fishing weeds in 19 FOW. Patience is the key, they seem to only want minnow heads on little spoons, hardly will touch a waxie, but hopefully the bite only gets better until ice out.

big trout for crappies??? now ya got my attention!! Maybe ya want to meet up for an outing in a couple weekends? I am going to try to get up there on the 31st and do some fishing and also a few weekends in Febuary.....

don't be suprised when a 5 pound laker grabs that spoon and minnow head in 19-20 fow. on light line that will be fun.

I agree bustin lips....I was trying to think of where there would be 19ft on BT......I haven't looked at maps to closely but I remember in summer leaving MB and the depth dropped to like 30-50 ft not to far from the docks.........I think I will have to spend more time on the chain ice fishing now that I might have acess to a snowmobile

There will be no lakers where the crappies are, there are some smaller fish starting to show up with the 12 to 14 inchers, but I have no problem sorting through fish to get the fatties with shoulders. The crappies are in the spot at first ice until well after the ice goes out.