• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Leech Lake Fishing Reports - Hackensack, Longville, Walker MN Also

Stayed at Brindleys Harbor, but drove out past pine point. Plowed roads from the point and then just two track going off main road. 18" ice, pretty easy going with a 4x4. Went all the way up to Sucker Bay. Caught limit of perch for 2 days.

Was out Friday through Sunday this past week out from Pine Point. Came home with our limit of Walleye, plus we released 7 that were in the slot (all were 21.5 to 23.5). We also had Perch action all day long and ended up with about 40 between 8 and 12 inches. Threw back probably 50 others. 3 Pout as an added bonus. Not a bad weekend though. Good luck all.

I'm heading to leech for the first time on saturday with my dad. Is pine point the best place to start out? Never fished the lake and would appreciate any advice. Where is the best place to get on the lake as far as plowed roads? Thanks for any help

Currently at leech lake heading to bed after a long day of fishing. The bit was very very slow today. We are just off pine point out of adventure north resort we got a few but had to work very hard for them. If anyone can point us in a new direction for tommarow please do 9 guys willing to run and gun if we can get into some fish e-mail [email protected] have portables and 4x4's

Hey Guys, I was off Pine Point (Grand Vu access) Friday-Sunday morning. We were set up in about 12 ft of water only about 1/4 mile out. Waves of pearch came through all day, but mostly in the afternoon. The walleyes were in the evening, through the night, and on Sunday morning, we had three 21+ inchers come through right at daybreak. Good luck!

I will be up there next week, thursday-sunday, staying at Big Rock resort. Can we get on the ice by Big Rock and go over to Pine Point and the other areas via the ice? This is our first time up here, and we will be looking for perch and walleye, maybe crappies and bluegills if we can find them.

Hey Smallie, we pretty much stayed put, but there were trucks going all over out there. Not having a road didn't seem to slow them down at all. Shouldn't be a problem if you have the right vehicles. The ice where we were fishing was about 20 inches, not sure about the lake as a whole though.

I haven't been over in that area, but I did hear that there was a pretty decent breaker running from Stony Point to Ottertail Point. I wouldn't waste my time running from Big Rock up to Stony to find out just to have to turn around and head all the way back.

I'm heading up to Adventure's North on thursday evening through sunday. I'm fairly new to the ice fishing world. Just wondering how the bite is? I'm just looking to catch some fish, so any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Thanks to all for the input. We fished hard again today and found a few fish off pine point as instructed above. The bite remained slow today and it was cold out in the wind even in a portable. Over all the number of fish housed took a whole lot of work. This was our first trip to leech for ice fishing not 100% sure that we won't head back to URL next year. Don't get me wrong about Adventure North they treated us very well and if we make a summer trip or a trip next winter I will be looking them up again and I would highly recommend them to anyone heading for leech.

If we can't make it over to Pine Point from Big Rock, is there a decent area over there we should try first? I see there is a 10' hump to the northwest that looks good. We will be getting there late in the afternoon on thursday, and I was hoping we could go out and catch our first nights supper. thanks for all the info.

Going up to leech for the first time on sat. Staying in a house from walker rental. Just wondering what bait is working best for walleye and perch any help would be appreciated.

Hey Trout, we were up last weekend, and Fatheads worked well for the Perch (small shiners too), and all our Walleyes were on Shiners/set lines with the exception of one that came through during the day and hit a blue buckshot spoon tipped with a Fathead. Good luck!

smallie to get to the north side of Pine point just take Co Rod 13 (Onigum rd) up Grand Vu lodge. you can pay and drive on the ice there. $6 i think.

hello 1st time ice fishing leech,heading up friday morn, my wife and i in our wheel house,what bay would be better this time of year ,pine pt or walker bay? any help would be great !!fished lotw and upper red for a few years ,had good summer fishing on leech this year ,beautiful lake :)never ice fished it in jan?

2 of us fished Leach yesterday, slow day, ended up with 14 keeper perch, 2 walleyes, one 13" and one 21", 2" went back. seen perch all day on the vex but tough to catch.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I hear mid-lake humps that come up to about 30FOW fish as close to the drop off as you can. pink and blue spoon with a minnow head.

Trout26 ... let us now how you do...Has anyone used Walker Rentals lately ??? where are they set up? I'm considering planning a trip up there in a week or two.

Walker Rental's houses are scattered throughout Walker Bay on various humps and underwater structure.

Fishing has been slow for most people lately but it still beats the hell out of working!

MNfishingfun, we did alright up there got there sat about noon didnt see a fish on the vexlar till about 5 caught probally 7 walleye 12" and under and one pout fished till 11. left the lines down woke up at 4 my rod was bent over so i stubled over and caught a 10 pound pout. Caught a couple tullibee 4 more walleye about 12" and one was 22". Not alot of fish but had fun.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

look up trappers landing lodge. they have nice houses and are very friendly. They put you on the fish and will take care of you well.

fished the top of the break at stoney point yesterday afternoon until about 6, 5 eyes, all 13" or less and 1 pike that snapped the line at the hole

decent amount of people fishing, not a a whole lot of action

will be up next weekend for our annual fishig rendevous. sounds like perch during the day on the flats and eyes from maybe 5pm and later. would anyone be able to tell me how deep they have fished recently and are people staying on the large flats or trying to fish the edge of breaks, maybe 10-12 FOW? I would also imagine getting around isn't too bad? Thanks

We were up last Thursday-Sunday and did pretty well i thought for it being our first time fishing this lake. We caught perch over by Goose Isalnd and some walleyes by Stoney Point. The perch were in 10-13 FOW and the walleyes were on the breaks around 15 FOW. Minnow heads on jigging spoons worked for both.

Snotroket, the other day I was driving home from grand forks and decided to take the scenic way home, I noticed Leech wasn't too far out of the way and since I had my portable in the back of the pickup I decided to fish for a few hours.

Unfortunately I didn't have a map/gps or my vexilar, so I decided to just grab some fatheads and head out on walker bay. I drilled myself two holes and told myself I was just going to fish in this one spot and if I didn't catch anything, fine, not any skin of my back. Well I set up and sent down my spoon and it just kept going down and down, I asked some fellows near me and they said 55 ft of water, not an ideal depth for icing some walleyes. However, after putting down a bobber, the fish started to bite. With the extreme depth and the fact that my bobber stop would get caught on my rod guide everytime, it took me nearly 15 minutes between catching a fish and finally getting the bait back to the bottom. Even reeling in slowly the fish were still bloated when they came to the surface, luckily the fish were all about 16-18" (within the slot). So I kept my four and was off the lake in a little more than an hour

I suppose a time of day would also be relevant, I was out there from about 3:30 until 4:30, I was also up there the weekend before and the walleyes really seemed to shutoff just as the sun touched the tops of the trees, figured they would bite a little better into the twilight time, but only eel pout after that