• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Winnibigoshish Fishing Reports

Greg-you won't have any trouble driving on the lake. Took my full-size F-150 off the beaten path of the plowed road today, and never even came close to being stuck. Not a soul around us either, which is quite a relief from the summer on some of that structure out there!! BTW, went out of Birches access as well. Landing should be good to drive onto the lake until, or if, we get a lot more snow on the lake. Taking the fam up there again next wknd., give me a holler if you make it up. Also, BTW, nice pics BMC!!! Can't wait to get my kids up there soon!!

Fished Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Bite was great, Brought home a few fish every night. Had to let go a 24 and 26" within 10 minutes of each other. Also threw back several 17-17.25" fish. Shiners seemed to work the best with a gold gemineye about a foot of the bottom. It was a goofy bite to say the least.

Glad to see your on some fish Rob! I was out again today from 9am till about 1pm. Trying to find some jumbo perch. Caught alot of them, but nothing to get excited about. I did loose a 8-10 lb gator right at the hole. One of the hooks on my spoon caught the ice and he shook off.......Grrrrrrrrrr!

Gonna hit it Wed. and Thurs. with Darin and some friends from Ohio.

Brian

I fished Winnie on Sunday, and I found a hump that had an insane amount of perch on it. The walleye bite in the evening was slow. My 2 guests and I only managed to pull up 3 w's. Talked to team waterfowl while I was out there and he and his guest only hung 5. Tough day on the big pond.

Maybe I'll run into you on Wednesday evening. Are you going to be fishing close to Darins House, or at least I thought it was him I seen out there on Sunday? I gotta work again tonight.

Hey Rob,

If you're talking about the wheelhouse, it's Pauly's. We're gonna make a day out of it tomorrow and probably Thursday too. I'll have my truck.

Brian

hey all,

taking the new wheelhouse out for the maiden voyage. any hints on where to go on winnie and using what at what time?

Hey derek, I'm assuming you were out on CutFoot, being that you had the crappies? I've never seen anyone get crappies on the big lake in the winter

teamwaterfowl, gotta love the lobsters!!! The eyes don't look too bad either...... wink

one would think that

not sure bout the winter time but last summer I was fishing in

the dugouts area and got a 16 crappie out there couldnt believe it

so i guess never say never !!!

no kiddin!!! never heard of anyone getting any while fishing for eyes out there. I've never even seen any on the camera. Definitely a nice bonus catch!

We were catching them in the third river bay in the fall, they have to be in the main lake somewhere this time of year. Would not think the walleyes would be that deep in cut foot that hole is 40 feet with mostly bloodworms to feed on.

was on the big lake yesterday and only put 2 walleyes on the ice but really did move and look for them! fishing is slowing down!last sunday was good and also monday was good there down there just wont bite

Hi all, my brothers and I are going to be staying at Nodaks Lodge and I was wondering hows the bite during mid February. Is it pretty slow or pretty consistent. Also what type of bait or jigs/lures is best. I want to make this trip worthwhile and memorable for us so any feedback or special tip is appreciated.

i was up there last yr mid feb did good the bite was like on and off

but we took home alot of fish northern and walleyes few perch

i gave a guy some coridates i'll be interested to see if he uses them this week end and how he did

Went up there on Friday and planned on staying until Monday, but we came home saturday night cause we had our limit already. They seem to bite on whatever you have down, just have to find them. Also came home with about 20 perch and caught a couple gators and pout.

we couldnt buy a bite this weekend. We came home with 1 limit of eyes for 4 guys and never saw anything close to a jumbo. I dont know what was going on. I tried Gregg52's coordinates and only got 2 small perch off it. the day bite was nonexistant and I was lucky enough to get the flu bug so I spent time laying in the truck and puking, sounds like fun huh. We were also renting houses from Dennys resort which I wasnt impressed with but at least I caught a few. oh well maybe next time. thanks for the tips anyway Gregg.

I was surprised at how many slot fish we caught and when we cleaned them about 9 or 10 out of the 12 were males. All from 14.5" to 16.5". We also caught about 7 or 8 that were too big and probably at least 20 that were too small. We were fishing the humps in about 20 feet at the top of the steepest breaks we could find.

thats bummer frogtosser

dont let that discourage you though its tough to go to a lake the first time and do real good

we got most of walleyes early evening but we got some during the day to

you can see the from the reports its hit and miss though right place

right time

Fishing was so so for our 2 man group this weekend hit a hump on the north side----the weather didnt help anything. Unfortunately got stuck with the wheel house about 30 yards from the lip of the hump in 20 feet and had to fish where we sat. On the bigger humps the lip next to steep breaks is key, on the smaller humps I have noticed it doesnt matter as much. We caught 4 walleyes in the house(fri eve to sun morn) and put flags on the lip during prime times and the flags where going like crazy but if you didnt notice the flags within 30 secs the bait was gone or was dropped. brought home 2 walleyes(caught some too big some too small also),15 perch, 1 pike , and 4 hefty tullibees. All perch and tullibees where caught in 30 -34 feet hole hopping at the base of the drop. Lost as many nice fish as we caught and had a good time.........caught more fish this trip than 2 trips too millelacs produced this year!!!

not sure why but winnie just seems to have a good late ice bite

i said this before been up there several times in feb and caught lots of fish when i know you would struggle to catch a couple on mille lacs plus seems you can always get a few nice northerns

very seldom are they close to the walleyes on mille lacs maybe a few spots on the south end

i like fishing mille lacs to not trying to put it down

just the facts ...in my experience

• The title was changed to Lake Winnibigoshish Fishing Reports
  • The topic was unlocked