• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

Schu,

When you caught the jumbos were you just off the flat or way off the flat? Minnow head or larve? Going up tonight to fish the Mud. Hoping for good things.

Me and a couple of buddies went up on Monday out of Agate Bay to a different buddies shack. Caught a couple of dink perch and a couple of dink eyes. Then about 11pm on Monday night we caught about a 5lb eelpout and about 8am on Tuesday morning we caught a fat 26in walleye. We missed a couple on the way up around the same time as the 26incher hit, so we didn't get a chance to see them, but they were pretty nice fish. The 26 was caught on a crappie minnow on a jig that my buddy was fishing for perch with. Driving off the ice on Tuesday was a little scary as there was a ton of water on the roads with no snow and it looked like we were driving on open water. Kinda an eerie feeling,.

Kiko-

I was looking for walleyes so I was using a buckshot jig with a minnow head and I was in about 28 fow. I marked a lot of fish on the vexilar but I am sure that they were smaller perch and walleyes. The bigger marks that did come in seemed to chase and bite. I was fishing right on the edge of the flat- had 24 feet about 10ft. behind me and 30ft. right out the door of my otter.

Good luck

My buddy and I just got back from the pond. We did pretty good. 17 perch, all 10"-12.5" from about 10am to 12:30pm. After that the bite slowed considerably. Genz bug and larva was the trick for me. Pound the bottom to stir things up then shake your jig and fish on. Yummy perchies for dinner tonight.

Biff,

Nice to see your avatar again! Care to share the general conditions you were in? depth and type of area, not specific flat or bar. I'm heading up Saturday am with my porty and 4x4 and going to explore but watching the reports to narrow the choices.

Good report, thanks!

Biff,

Care to share the general conditions you were in? depth and type of area, not specific flat or bar.

30'-32'. Sand to silt bottom. Remember to pound the jig and shake it to cause comotion. While walking on the ice you would break through the first inch and then hit all the water the rain left. Some places the water was ankle high making it hard to travel from hole to hole. Stay on the move! I would catch 2 keepers out of a hole then the dinks would move in. When they move in it is time to move!

was up on thur and there was alot of spots where there was over 1 foot of water.it limited where you could go by the time i left most of it was frooze over.shouldnt have any problem going any place on the lake(hardly any snow left)

Just got back and caught only a couple little perch...I want to head out to the flats but the roads from Hunter's Point was closed. Headed to 3 mile area. Did catch on nice 15.5" Eye on Buckshot and small minnow before I packed it up. (Short trip), still better than being at work. was very sunny, but the clouds are coming, bite should pick-up.

lots of water spots... broke top layer and spun tires a couple times, but plenty of hard areas to set up the port.

Good luck and Stay Safe.

Fished Sunday 2/15 on the mud with a buddy. Ended up with 11 keeper perch and kept 7 tulibees for smoking. Released about 5 others. 90% of the fish came on rattlin' flyers. 2 small eyes and no pout. Everything was pretty slow till about 5pm, then the perch picked up for about 30 min. All in all, not a bad day, but it definately had some slow times.

Ice conditions were fine, everything was frozen up solid, we used wheelers and it was bumpy but no issues.

I've got an end of the day pic of all the fish, but I don't wanna break any rules.

Got some good jumbos Sunday. Fished 10:30 am-6 pm. Had two keepers in the bucket within the first thirty minutes then is slowed down till early afternoon. Ended up with 28 keepers for two of us with one wallleye lost at the hole along with a few jumbos.

27 feet of water, orange forage minnow tipped with larva pounding the bottom. Set-lines were useless and a camera is a big bonus.

We stayed in the house all day and never moved. Punching lots of holes probably would fill your bucket faster.

Two of us fished from noon Friday to 2PM on Sunday. We were on several different mud flats on the NW corner - mostly smaller flats to the north. We punched a lot of holes. We slept in a 8x8 portable on the top edge of a different flat each night. Totals= 4 walleye, 1 jumbo perch, and 5 eelpout. Friday night at 9PM caught a 26.5" wally on a tip up with shiner and one of the "hard to find" gold backed angel eyes. The other 3 wally's were Saturday 7:30AM-9:00AM - all 3 under 14". We used camera's and vexilars. Always a great trip for us - but unproductive for fish. We could not find perch during the day - we would swiss cheese the top edge to deep on flats and use the camera to try and spot them - but we must still be missing the knack. One pout must have been at least 6 lbs. The rest were all little snakes except maybe one 2.5 lber. I bought a new double blade strikemaster auger bottom for my old unit (always had the single chipper blade) and OMG! - was that incredible - hardly any work at all to punch holes.

I was out on Sunday. Fished 32 fow in close to hunters. Half way between the resort and 3 mile. Fished by myself and went home with 8 nice jumbos and a couple 15" eyes.

I'm heading up tomorrow and staying at the red door resort. What's the bite like on the north end?

Also fishing in the DU tournament on Sat in Garrison Bay, so any info there would be appreciated too.

perch bite was tough for me yesterday. Ended up with 6 jumbos. But the Tulibee bite was going. Ended up with 5 really nice tulibee.

Just got back from the Perch extravaganza. Winning fish was 1.39 lbs. kinda small. Perch/walleye fishing was sorta slow, but the tulibees were awesome. How'd everyone else do?

was out from myr mar about 4.25 miles on a tiny flat. Fish were on fire! Caught 29 jumbos all over a pound, couple hit 1.5. also caught alot of walleyes keeping our 8 in the slot. few bigger, lots smaller. 27 ft water using smallest glow red buckshot, minnow head. saw some tulibees on the camera, looked like they were bouncing off the bottom, really wierd. Anyways, good luck, probably be up again monday or tuesday. suppose to be really nice.

Seems old poolplayer does do well. I seen this post on the Annandale forum from 2/7/09. I also wish he would post some photo's... grin

Quote:
Poster: poolplayin

Subject: Re: Any reports on Clearwater?

went out last night, out from access by bjs. was accross by the island, nailed about 15-16 walleyes, most small but did keep 4 between 15-19. did catch a few crappies too, all about 10-12 inches, kept 13 of those. I was in 32 ft good luck

We found the perch bite slow on Sat. The one in our party with a camera did better by a huge margin. Lots of lookers. Stan C.

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports