• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

I just missed out on the top 10 with a 1.20 perch. 1.24 was 10th. Our first spot we caught a couple of 10" then we moved further west and the bite was better with a lot of dinks and then a flurry of bigger fish would move in and that when I got the biggest one. I have a pic but it is on my buddies camera. The pic is after te contest so the fish may be a little dry. Hopefully he sends it soon.

Started on the Rocket and marked only small fish and moved west to Fellegys, only small perch.

Kept moving west to the tip of a big flat and ended up with 2 small eyes and 5 bees.

Slow day but, had a great time. the Bee's are gonna smoke nice.

Hey has anyone ever used Dickie's Resort and if so how are they? Also any info on the bite out in that area, corner of Hwy 18 and Hwy 65 North of Mora and South of Mc Grath? Going up there this weekend but have never fished around there? Any info?

Thanks!

Nice Pig Biff! cool I ended the day smelling of pepe' le pew for the 2nd year in a row! My friend with the camera outfished me with a 5" perch, not the best day of perching for us. We saw plenty in 34' off a 24' bar near the Northwest end of 3 mile, but they would just nose the bait then move on. I'm just glad I don't depend on catching fish for a living right now. Good luck out there.

My buddy fished out of Garrison last weekend, brought home a few nice perch. He had the best luck before noon on top of the flats (20~22 fow). We're going back up to try it this weekend, but the fishing may be a different story with the colder weather...

I feel a little bad posting this report after reading Deitz's report from this weekend at the Piggy Perchin Party.

Went out for the day Saturday. Decided to venture out to a small flat that has produced late season for me in the past.

Started in close and worked out. Small perch at every hole. They were aggressive so I was kept busy. I kept moving out further and further from the flat trying to find out how far out in no mans land I had to get before I found bigger fish or no fish. I made a move and finally pulled a jumbo. Then I started catching bigger/ small perch. (6 to 8")I was going to head back to the south shore where I have had some luck but decided to make one more move out further. That 1 more move paid off. For the next 5 hours I fished the same hole. Lots of 6 to 8" perch to keep busy. Caught 13 nice jumbo's to bring home. I lost count of how many tulibees I caught. Also had several small walleyes mixed in. I went thru 4 containers of larva. These perch were all spitting up minnows. I did not see 1 mayfly nymph.

All in all a great day on the lake.

It should only get better as we move into March.

Crappies?-My buddy got a 13.5" on a rattlin' flyer spoon earlier this year. May not be the most productive presentation, but they'll bite.

Crappies?-Went out yesterday to see what the hype was all about. It's definately not worth it yet. Caught 3 crappies and 1 sunnie. All fish were above average but for the most part, very slooooow.

Crappies?-That's what we hear too - guys that are moving alot are doing OK though, they go find a pocket of them in the weeds, go for the active ones, then move again. March is usually the best month, I think we just had a crappie bonus with them hitting in feb.

Perch are going good though out in 28' - 31' - just south of hennepin. A customer sent this photo from yesterday - I'm posting a link because I'm not sure I can post a pile.

100_0374.jpg

Crappies?-its very slow. the fish are there they just arent biting. if u put in your time and move to stay on fish you can pick up a few.

Crappies?-I heard a couple reports today...a guy came by yesterday and today...yesterday he had 5 nice keepers, he was going for his other 5 today. I didn't catch him on his way off the lake. What we've been hearing is that you need to move around, like MLMB said. Find a pocket of active fish, then move again.

Perch bite has been about the same. A guy that came through had about 6 nice keepers, he didn't get piles of them.

Here was the catch of the day on our end (neighbor to the left and a buddy on the right)...a mixed bag of perch, crappie, and sunnies. Perch again in the 28' - 31', crappies 8'-10. Click the link to see the pix.

100_0379.jpg

Crappies?-Hi thinking of coming up tomarrow how much snow is there on the ice. I dont have sled or 4 wheeler. Will I have issues moving around? Are they catching the sunnies during the day and craps at night? How deep are they catching them?

Fished all day at Isle bay Thurs. and only had 4 fish until 5PM.....from then to 6:30 it was non stop. Kept the first 3 and could see that a limit was coming so released the rest, probably 12-15. Came back at 6AM Fri and caught enough for my limit and released about 5 more by 10AM. Both Thurs and Fri the camera showed that the crappies were traveling about 4-5 feet under the ice in the daytime...a few exceptions but mostly 'high'.

Saw a number of Bluegills but none would bite. One of these was huge! Thicker across the back than the crappies and about the same length. Was worth the trip to see that fish!!!!

saturday I decided to take a drive up hoping for a few big perch. went out 2 miles on the east side.

moved 5 or 6 times throughout the day, saw alot of 7"-8" perch with a few big ones moving through. had 10 or so nice ones swim up to my jig, but I couldn't get them to bite.

had a really nice one bite the head of my jig (i could still see the waxie and hook hanging out of it's mouth, i just looked and laughed) smile went home with one 12 1/4".

I save the perch for end of season, so I always forget how big they actually are, those big hogs are addicting.

and btw, I went out in a car, you can get just about anywhere yo need to go.

Lake travel is definetely going to change for a while after tommorows foot of snow! IF it happens.

I'm wondering how next weekend is going to be....after a week of 50 degrees, might be sloppy out there!! I'm going up the 20th for a couple days to chase perch, hope they are biting then!

he was the best GSP and friend I've ever had.....

he was my dog (German Shorthaired Pointer). He was 10 years old, got hit on the road in front of my house almost a year ago.

Water, water everywhere! We came off the west side about 6:00 tonight and man! That ain't natural...a person is just adverse to driving a vehicle into what looks like a river, with waves and all...thats what the roads look like, rivers! eek Other places look like small duck sloughs! But we caught fish, so all is good! grin

Yep, I saw 4 mallards standing on the ice on the way to the flats. We caught some tullies and some perch, pretty slow though.

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports