• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

How has the fishing been out of garrison. Me and some friends are renting a shack out of there next week. Just seein what we can look forward to.

I've spent 6 nights on various mud flats and have caught very few fish on the hanging lines at night. The morning and evening jigging bite has been very good. During the day just keep moving and you'll get fish.

The bite out near Hennepin and on the gravel has been excellent this week - several limits of walleye biting pretty much all day - very good early morning.

Anyone on Anderson's? SW corner? Gonna be up there this weekend gotta couple sleepers. Stop on by if your in the area!

how long was that fish?

The Pike was just over 40", maybe a little longer with a better measure. Its girth was right about 19", which is massive. I spend most of my time (open water) Musky fishing and this Pike was way heavier than any 40" muskie i have caught. I was tempted to put it on the wall, but out of respect for the battle this fish gave me, i had to put it back. It had just beautiful firery colors on its fins too.

Oh and one last thing, It had someone elses jig in its mouth too, which is always cool. So someone else had a chance at her that day.

Heading out of Appeldoorn's this weekend and was wondering if there were any last minute tips for success in the area. We will be mobile and will be looking for perch mainly during the day and walleye in the morning and evenings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot

Hey Paul...we r out in house number 16 and looks like around 25 ft..do u know if the eyes have been biting out deeper? Had some perch come through but that's been bout..any help would be great...houses r great by the way

Hey Paul...we r out in house number 16 and looks like around 25 ft..do u know if the eyes have been biting out deeper? Had some perch come through but that's been bout..any help would be great...houses r great by the way

We have been having some Walleyes come thru early in the a.m. I can give you some spots for fishing during the day when I stop in and check on you in the a.m.

Went out tues,weds,thurs. Bite was slow tues and weds. Picked up thurs. tullibees on blue jug and boot were thick. We must have caught 100 over the 3 days. Did best on walleyes on sherman's flat on the finger on thurs. Dave Genz and the ice team were on sherman's also. I'm sure this weekend will be great fishing. Gold spoons seemed to be the best all around.

thought I'd let everyone know that there is a road attaching the east and west sides and snow on the lake is ok for 4x4 trucks for the most part. Thanks to everyone who works on the roads. You are doing a great job.

Hello, I am a new member and was wondering if anything has been happening on Mille lacs havent fished it in years. Plan on taking my two young boys out in the morning any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you!

Headed up to the pond and fished Sherman's for the day since the weather was supose to be nice.

Drilled a bunch of holes up and down an insite point that I found on the GPS chip. Decided to drill a bunch of holes before I even put the transducer in the water. 20 minutes later I was fishing and was marking some fish. The first spot I tried I was constently marking fish but no takers. I put the camera down, and it was mostly tiny perch and a few 13 inch eyes. Ended up hole hoping and found most of the action to be on the top edge of the flat, or just off the flat in 32 FOW.

Moving around I marked a bunch of fish, and only a few takers. I'm assuming a lot of the fish were little perch.

Ended the day 7 eyes. (3 keepers) The gold buckshot seamed to be the key today, and a minnow under a bobber when I was in the shack. Nothing fast and crazy but was still fun.

Drilling holes was the key today and finindg the active fish.

Yesterday me and 4 buddies fished the gravel. We did very well as we were short 4 fish of having our limits. Had to be on the move with the portables but it sure was a great day. The fish we caught were definitly very healthy. What a great fisherie this lake is!!

Where abouts is "the gravel"? I've got a Gravel Bar pt on my Lakemaster maps, but there has to be a lot of gravel around, no? A friend and I are cruising up early tomorrow morning for a day trip - I'll post a report when we get back. I've only fished this lake a couple of times, so hopefully we won't spend too much time wandering around aimlessly. smile What is the best access to use coming up 169 from the cities? We'll be looking to buy bait & get a tip or two on where to go...

Just got back from Mille Lacs. Fished from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning and boy was it BAD! Had 4 lines down for 36 hours and caught one 15 inch walleye. We were on the North end out of the Red Door. Was it slow all over or are we just that bad??

Got back from the East side this afternoon. Fishing was great yesterday but a little slower today. I think for the whole weekend we caught 9 walleyes, 1-24inch, 1-26inch and the rest below the slot. 200+ perch, one was 1.5 lbs and another 1.4lbs. Only kept 30 or so of the perch. all over 10 inches. All in all had a great weekend.

Where abouts is "the gravel"? I've got a Gravel Bar pt on my Lakemaster maps, but there has to be a lot of gravel around, no? A friend and I are cruising up early tomorrow morning for a day trip - I'll post a report when we get back. I've only fished this lake a couple of times, so hopefully we won't spend too much time wandering around aimlessly. smile What is the best access to use coming up 169 from the cities? We'll be looking to buy bait & get a tip or two on where to go...

The gravel is just W/SW on Hennepin Island on the SE side of the lake.

Was up from Thursday night to Saturday night out on 8 mile in various spots. Only picked up 3 fish and all were on the Friday morning feeding run. Didn't even see a fish on the camera the rest of the time.

But here was one of the 3, it hit on a shiner on the rattle reel...27 1/2" pig. CPR'd

IMG_2553.jpg

Group of Six came up On Friday @ noon and stayed until Sunday 10am . We used Hunter Winfields (House and Service were the best we have had on the lake so far) and the fishing to say the least was the worst we have had. The house was on some gravel northwest of Hennepin island. We marked four fish on the flashers for the entire weekend. A group in the house next to us went three miles north west and got nothing also. I tried moving with some of the group and fished around Hennepin up shallow (since we were in about 27' at the house). I think next year our annual trip is going north to LOW.

thats a big male

no belly

mrmanners try winnie we have good luck up there later in the yr last yr we were up there daytona week end did very good can be long intervals with no bites then bam

also get some nice northerns with the eyes and perch

in my experience mille lacs always gets tuff after the first of the year

Just throwing this out there in case somebody came across it. one of our group members lost an eskimo express 2 portable fish house with an fl-12 vexilar in it out the back of a truck this weekend. Saturday night around 7ish between Appeldoorn's and Buzzies on Highway 47. Wonderin if anyone came across it, although unlikely. He is pretty depressed about it and any info would be awesome. Thanks

We saw a bunch of stuff on the highway, but it was more like 5:00pm on Saturday when we were pulling out of Hunters pt. there was a couple buckets with rods and reels and tip ups and what looked like a blue house on the side of the road. Then futher down there was an auger that some guy in a black chevy was picking up. Someone had turned around already for the buckets and the house so I figured it was theirs. I slowed down and talked to the guy in the truck and he asked it the auger was mine...I told him no but there was another guy turned around back further that was picking up the other stuff so he was probably coming back to get this also. Not sure if this was yours or not, but it dont take long for vultures to swoop in.

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports