• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

Was out on Seguchie today, bottom break, south east side. Perch and tulibees stacked all day in one spot. Wasnt fishin them. They hit spoons. Some big perch there. Not interested in tulibee but they were thick. Small eyes too. Constant action. Just no big eyes. Fish the dimples on the deep side break closer to the south tip. If ya want to weed through perch and tulibee. And a 4 by truck.

Hit 9 mile yesterday...pretty slow. was hoping for more, we got a couple eyes right away and then it dropped off. marked alot of fish..caught few. ended up with 4 eyes, 1 perch and 3 tullies.

where did you come in to the tullies close to brandt's resort or out in front of lybaks

Neither, but sounds like you got some good places to start looking. good luck

heading up tomorrow with 11 other guys to fish out of Appledoorn's huge ice house this weekend. Will be there tomorrow early afternoon until 10 on Sunday. Hoping to catch fish but are prepared for some slow times with this unreal cold front coming in. We were up last year when it was this cold as well, at least the houses stay nice and toasty! Feel free to stop by if you know which house it is, we're going to have grumpy and grumpier old men on repeat on the DVD player to provide some inspiration

yellow otter i am not familiar with this lake so this may sound like a dumb question. where is seguchie's flat. is it any where close to brandt's resort. or can a person get there by truck or is it a long drive. i would love to get into some tulibee. let me know any info you think would be helpful

big eyes,

Seguchie is a LONG way from Brandt's. You'd be better trying to get to Tullibee Hole which is just south of Hennepin Island.

Buddy from work waz up today out by the old HJs resort did okay 5 Eyes had to weed out the perch 12/15 fow 18 inch off bottom green waz color he fished 3pm to 6

tulibee hole by hennipen island how far from brandt's can we get there with trucks or is there alot of slush on top of the ice. how deep of water are they fishing them in. wax worms or minnows. let me know if possible

Hi all.I'm new to the area and looking to catch some fish. I am located in the garrison area. Can anyone point me to a smaller lake for some pannies or walleyes. Any info will help. Thanks all.

big eyes,

Terry's Harbor on the West side has a good road plowed out that runs right by Seguchie. Tulibee liked the small silver spoons with minnow head, if thats what your after. Make em chase up the water column, they seemed to like that.

Seguchie and 7 are different flats

seguchie is also called the big flat and you would come to it way before you get to 7 and both are south from terys

both will have fish on them if you know where to find em

Went out of Terry's today. Half a dozen keeper eyes, one 25-26" slot fish, one jumbo perch. Few more smaller fish released. Fished in 28-32 FOW on Seguchie. Fun day. Was surprised with the walleyes biting all the way from 8am-2pm today. No one thing was better than another. Deadsticks with fatheads, jigging spoons, chubby darters. 4 lookers for every hit. Terry's roads are in great shape.

Sounds like a fun day! How much does Terry's charge for access? Also, how much ice was there out on Seguchie? I'm thinking about heading that way Monday morning.

terrys goes for 10$/day. If your going to be staying overnight on the ice he wants another 10$ for that as well.

well we caught a few this morrning....got here alittle to late on 8 mile.....preaty slow durring the day.....marking lots of fish.....they just won't bite.....evning bite should be preaty good....just have to pass the boardum untill then......

We did well this weekend out of Appeldoorns. Fished a rock pile that is 27' at the top and 31' off the sides. We caught all our fish in 28'.

Friday was the best day by far, Saturday was ok and this morning was great again.

18 keepers on the weekend for our group another 8 fish that were too big, biggest was around 22" and we threw back a dozen or so that were around 10-13". No perch at all though, just eyes. Red glow angel eyes and buck shots worked well for us, only a couple bites on the set lines, we found you had to do a lot of jigging to get them to go.

Good luck up there!

just got back from a weekend trip out of Appledoorns. We were in the big 12 person house and there from friday afternoon through this morning. Fishing was pretty slow all weekend. We only caught 6 walleyes (1 keeper, all others too small) and 5 jumbos. Lots of smaller perch swimming around but not always even biting. We had 20 rattle reels down both nights and didn't get a single fish over night. Had a lot of fun though, the ice house was awesome and we'll definitely be coming back up next year!

hart,

To you and your group. Thank you so much for leaving the houses looking great. You guys were a great group and it was a pleasure to host your group.

Stayed up on the north end and went out of castaways from wed tilsunday. fished deans flat and shultz flat. I bet I seen 100 walleyes on the camera and 1000 perch. We ended up with our limit going home but it was though fishing. The walleye would come in but not bite. best luck was on fathead and plain hook. Caught a nice 24 inch wally but seena huge one that went right in beetween my lines like 5 times and would not bite. Going up wed again any suggestions. We were on top of the fish but wouldn't bite so does that mean you should move until you see fish on the camera that ARE BITING. I was so mad because the fish were there and I tryed everything. Good luck fishing guys and be safe

You came home with your limit. I don't think you need any pointers. smile. Someday I may be lucky enough to get more than one walleye a season out of that lake.

Warrior

A ole guide from over there told me once after talking bout opening day

he said..pack your lunch they will bite sooner or later..lol

Jerry Anderson was the guide

Heading out of Appeldoorn's this weekend with a couple buddies for my first trip on Mille Lacs, any tips willing to share? Thanks a lot

hey midcoast i saw you were out friday fishing eyes and had some good luck. can you give me any info on where abouts you were and how deep of water you were in. were coming up the 15-17 out brandt's. don't know if this is close to where you were. need all the help we can get. never fished mille lacs in the winter. don't know what to use for lures or bait so any info would be great.

Went out of Terry's today. Half a dozen keeper eyes, one 25-26" slot fish, one jumbo perch. Few more smaller fish released. Fished in 28-32 FOW on Seguchie. Fun day. Was surprised with the walleyes biting all the way from 8am-2pm today. No one thing was better than another. Deadsticks with fatheads, jigging spoons, chubby darters. 4 lookers for every hit. Terry's roads are in great shape.

OUR PLAN WAS FOILED!!

We also went out of Terry's - fished 11AM Sat to 11AM Sun. The guy at Terry's talked us out of heading to Seguchie or 7 or 8 and said "you should go the Sherman's Flat because there's very few people there AND they are catching BOTH walleye and perch. Set-up on the edge in 27 feet" We took his advice and got skunked Saturday and then caught 7 walleyes under 13" on Sunday morning for 3 guys. I'm not blaming anyone, just wanted to complain, that I didn't follow the plan we had orginally set out (based on the reports here)!! I think we would have done better out in the middle of the lake, but who knows! We had a great time!

Good luck out there.

Great day on Mille Lacs caught 15 walleyes and a tullibee. We ended up with 30+ for the group. Out on the flats. keep on jiggen.

Was an Ok Sunday for us. brought home 5 off of the flats. BUT got to see my wife catch a beautiful 24 incher that had great girth compared to what we seen in the past. First time in 3 trips we havent got our full limit though. Tonight seemed a little off. Next time!!!

jafish.jpg

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports