• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

I fished the west side out from Indian Point and Sherman's Point thurs and friday. Lots of perch only 3 12inch to keep. Caught 2 walleyes in 13 ft at indian point at sunrise thurs and only perch the rest of the day. Ice is 8 to 12 inches and we saw a truck pull a house about 3 miles out. He actually made it back but I would wait a few more days. The shoreline is very rough due to busted up ice.

Doe Island Reef - Is producing Perch during the day as well as a few Walleyes into the evening. Look for Perch in deeper water just off of the reef and then move onto the break of the reef later in the day for Walleyes.

Shaw's Reef - Perch being caught during the day and into the evening in shallower water. Try 10-13 feet.

2 Mile Gravel - Walleyes on top during the evening.

Everyone that I talked with Yesterday had at least a few fish.

from cheets "I walked out Appledorn's yesterday. Kept 8 nice perch & 2 15" eyes. Perch in the afternoon and the eyes at dusk. 12" of clear ice and a dusting of snow. Caught the walleyes on bare hook & bobber and the perch on jigging spoon & minnow head."

from DRH1175 "I was out of Appledorns yesterday. I got a few nice 10 - 11 inch perch but no walleyes sw of Doe island."

Very nice afternoon!

A few pics

JR3.jpg

JR4.jpg

JR1.jpg

JR2.jpg

Was out on Sat. and did well. Caught 16 walleyes, 7 small ones, 7 eater size fish, and 2 that were too big. Was using a forage minnow jigging with a fathead head. Caught most of fish between 7-12 in the morning. Fish came from 30-34 feet of water. Good luck to all!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Was out on Sat. and did well. Caught 16 walleyes, 7 small ones, 7 eater size fish, and 2 that were too big. Was using a forage minnow jigging with a fathead head. Caught most of fish between 7-12 in the morning. Fish came from 30-34 feet of water. Good luck to all!

bearslayer, what side of lake were you out of?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

east

Thanks, helps me narrow the lake down by 25 miles! laugh

hi all...i'm planing to go to millacs christmas day and weekend...never been to millacs in the winter..i'm not catching anything in the metro area so me and buddy are planing to head up there..any pointers on where to fish? and what jigs or bait there biteing? thanks

Was up on Saturday out of Appledoorns. Paul was kind enough to help us get out on the ice (no 4 wheeler/snowmobile). Fished on the break off of Doe island from about 10-4. Caught about 3 dozen perch, kept 11 nice ones, biggest was about 14". Not one walleye. Fished from 15 to 25fow with most perch caught in 25 fow on buckshot with a minnow head.

Congrats to bearslayer for finding some eyes! I was beginning to think the gill nets had got all of them.

Thanks again to Paul for his help! There isn't a better guy/resort on the lake!

Was out marking roads sunday through cove bay and out to mazominee point. I found a spot in the middle of cove bay where everyone has been driving over for the last week that only had 5 inches of ice on it. I had drilled there all over the weekend before and did not find it and mark haro and i drilled there sat and did not catch it. just goes to show you that 5 feet away you can have a big difference in ice and to always use caution. Some guys are always in a hurry wanting to drive a f350 with a 10x20 heavy house behind it out on 11 inches of ice but it just isnt worth a life or putting a truck through. One more week wont hurt just to add ice to those marginal spots through out the lake. I have heard numerous reports from guys all over finding thin ice in areas with 15". Just shows you that you have to have patience and be careful no matter how much ice you think there is! Your houses need to be ready to go and Dan perron reminded me to tell evryone not to forget your ice house permits! I will be up wed night again through fri morning then have to do the christmas thing but will be back up fri night. Outside mazominee point to kings hump/finger had around 12-15" on it so we should be pulling to mazominee. We will re check ice fri. As far as the heave goes there was not a heave between cove bay and kings hump. The area i think guys are talking about is just jagged ice from the wind blowing that looks nasty but a little work and we'll be right through it. Nothing to worry about there. Thats as far as i went it didnt look like there was anything between there and spirit island and never usually is all year. There were a coule minmal 1-2" cracks but thats pretty typical all over the place. We will see you all this weekend! Happy Holidays!

Thanks Brandon!!! It was nice to meet you this weekend. Looking forward to a good year!! We will likely wait until new years weekend to have you pull us out. Unless it's good ice, and good weather, i'd come up the 26th!!

Shack...I know you've heard this alot, nice to see your posts again!!! glad you turned the corner.

hows the fishing out of wahkon bay and around the rocks down there? looking to plan a trip up there and my cabin sits in mille lacs island views co-op, so thats my launching point, just wondering if theres a bite at all going on down there not lookin to steal anyones secret.

Fished out of Hunters Pt this past saturday. Mid lake mud flats. Iced 19 eyes between 8am-4pm. Most fish 15-18inches, with a couple 22's in the mix. Not one fish on the dead stick, all came on silver spoons with minnow heads.

Went out of Hunters yesterday, spent most our day on the mud flats and it was slow. Caught one walleye on the edge and that was it. Tried both on top and also off the flat deeper. Not sure if they didn't like our presentation or if the East wind changed their mood or what.

Talked with two gentleman last evening that did very well on Perch yesterday afternoon in 12-14 feet of water. They also got one Walleye.

Paul

It was great to meet you yesterday. The information and guidance you gave us really paid off. The fisherie appears to be in good shape going into the season as the Perch we got were all fairly nice - not any 14" but alot of 10's. We will definitly be back to Appledorms!! Keep up the great work as your place looks to be a class act.

Kevin

Walked out yesterday and fished 19 fow and landed a 28" and 6 more in the slot. Also missed a couple nicer ones. Sure nice to get out before the snow.

I was out tues. in 17 feet of water and caught alot of perch but on the small side was able to get 10 of them that were 10-12in. and had 5 eyes 2 that were 14 and 17. Release a 26 and had one at the end of the day that I was unable to move off the bottom

Fishing report for the last week. The Mud bite was on fire Thursday and Friday for our groups then slowed down a bit over the weekend and early this week. Allot of fishing pressure on the main early mud spots on the north part of the lake has probably moved them off. By Wednesday it was really slow we fished most of the day and only produced 11 walleye 7 of keepers and some small ones. Other guides I know are still putting limits together on some of the main center mud flats. If you don't want to travel that far I also know several people that are catching good numbers of walleye of the 1st deep rock breaks in 18-20 feet. The Perch bite on the other hand has been very good in 12-16 feet of water. Like most years you do have to weed through them. about 1 out of every 7 or 8 is a keeper. I have spent mosty of my time fishing perch onthe south end of the lake the week. We have iced allot of 10-12 inchers in the last 4-5 days and a few 13 inchers. With all this new snow, please check with the resorts before you venture out. There is allot of weight on the ice right now and it can really cause some ice shifting and new cracks etc.. so be careful when venturing out. Good luck fishing.

Got a few questions here, with all this snow do you think its safe to go ahead and drive on a plowed road if there is one and then just pull off to the side and then unload the gear and leave it parked? South end rocks or North end mud? Depths? ive been reading through the last 40 posts or so and am kind of getting an idea.. but anyone have some answers to them there questionss???

Had a nice perch bite this afternoon in my house out of Mac's Twin Bay. I never baited a hook, and caught 50 or so on a Swedish spoon with one of the Swedish colored trebles. I only kept 4 big ones, but most were of pretty good size.

I'm actually posting from my netbook in my house, tethered to my Blackberry. The Tetherberry application works great on Mille Lacs and I get full on broadband speed.

Nice report! I been having a hankerin' to hit the pond even though it wasnt kind to us last year. How deep are you fishing? Can you drive out yet?

Thanks BB and have fun out there!

im heading up on tuesday as well icefishing21.... where you thinking of heading to out there?

I drove out in my truck. I didn't bring my Vex, so I don't know how deep I am. I'm guessing 25 feet or so, on sand.

Gizmoguy, they pulled your house out about 100 yards west of mine this AM. Will you be rolling in soon?

/FM on a mobile phone doesn't work well. I had to tether the laptop up to post this, as my posts didn't work on the phone.

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports