• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

I was up last Saturday unless they have got snow since I would not take snowmobile. The Northeast corner there is almost no snow and the first 100 yards or so is rough ice 10 to 16 inch jagged pieces sticking up.

Went out today out of the North end fishing was a little slow but the ice was in great shape there is a little bit of snow cover from yesterday and today plenty of atvs and sleds getting around and a few trucks driving in the bays.

What is working best right now? Fatheads vs shiners or rainbows? Deadstick or Jigging?

Taking my 14 yr old son up on Tuesday and boredom can set in quickly at that age...lol.

I cam back yesterday with 3 jumbos, 11" and larger. There were the only perch I caught. Me and another guy caught about 16 walleyes, largest 17 3/4. Three tullibees as well. Silver Swedish Pimple tipped with a minnow head worked the best. 28 feet of water off the flat about 50 plus feet during the day.

ttt. me too. Ok to drive a full size pickup out?

Trucks were out, but finding a resort to let you out will be tough if you're going to the flats as most of them are ATV only.

With active cracks(as there are every December)be carefull when traveling back to shore(especially at night)even the (best)resorts can't keep an eye on the roads(24)hours a day.Have fun don't fall in!c63

^ what he said, Ive been out there on the other side of a crack a couple times and barely got off the lake. Ive learned to always make my way back before dark otherwise u have no chance!

Hit the pond on the north side for the first time this year out of Myr Mar. Spent most of the day on the mud and came into the gravel for sunset. 8 eyes, biggest was only 15". 3 perch with one going 12". Encouraging to see such a healthy class of 10"+ eyes.

Despite 4 moves, just couldn't find the bigger fish other than the one nice perch. Great day to be out and great to be able to fish a mile+ from the next guy.

Everywhere we went, there was 14" or more of ice. Very little snow on the ice

Perm house on the NW side of Banana reef, 24 fow on rocks, not much happening now, hope they start before I want some shuteye.

Pretty slow on the 30th-31st. Did a 22 hour over night rental out of Appledorns. Managed a 9" and a 17.5" the whole time. Had all 6 rattle reels down all night and not a bite.

Was out on the mud a couple of days ago for a full day. Got 8 eyes, 18 inches being the biggest. They were pretty spooky due to the cold weather. Had to jig slow. The spot I was fishing turned off at dark for eyes. Got 9 Pout from sundown till 8pm. The pout were aggressive.

JB, one of the pout was maybe 5 pounds. The rest were all around 1-2 pounds. I did get a few pout several weeks back on the rocks out from Barnacles as well.

I was going off road with my 1/2 ton this weekend and was fine. Snow is pretty patchy. There are some deeper drifts but it was pretty easy traveling.

I was going off road with my 1/2 ton this weekend and was fine. Snow is pretty patchy. There are some deeper drifts but it was pretty easy traveling.

Yep, towed my 12' wheelhouse behind 1/2 ton no problem off road. Just went real slow to zig zag around the deeper drifts and avoid bouncing the house over them.

I fished a transition in about 24 feet and we caught about 25 walleyes between 3PM Friday and 9AM Saturday. Most were 10-12", a few bigger fish that were super fat (14.5", 16.5", 18.75", 22.5"). Missed two bites on 6" suckers that would have probably been big fish. Caught majority of the fish on jigging spoons with minnow head or small minnow. Deadsticks seemed to work just as good or better after dark though. 22.5" was caught at 3:30AM on rattle reel

IMG_3222copy.jpg

We went out to the mud midday and fished toward the bottom of the break. Caught one 12" fish and had a few lookers, probably would have been better during low light hours.

Went out of hunters point on Saturday afternoon. Fished 31fow near 3 mile. One 12 inch jumbo and a bunch of light bites/misses Sunday morning. One 26 inch eye during the night. Lots of lookers and sniffs. Can't say what they were, since my 2 month old Marcum Pancam crapped out on me. Charger says it's charged, yet the unit shows empty battery. So disappointed in this thing. I'd return it for an aqua vu or something if I could. Contemplating leaving the ice house out there.

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports