• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

Glad to hear you like it. Just remember, after 12/31/09 , Loomis is going to quit selling blanks. So if you think you may want to build another one next year, buy it now, or see what they have on hand. They can order ones before 12/31.

Yep, 311Hemi got our report pretty well summed up. Although we did catch 2 fish Sunday night pulling the cranks (1 box fish 17" and then the 25")

All in all a good weekend. Just great to be back on the water.

Lindy

I plan on heading there Friday for a day trip. Thats if I ever get to the wifey's honey dew list lol Hers is a little different then mine.

Caught 15 during the day on Saturday. 4 slots from 15 to 17 3/4. We fished by Carlsona, south end of wilderness, up by Fishers. We got out at 5am Saturday morning and got off the lake at 6pm. We left the lake for a bathroom break when the boat accident happened over by Wilderness. Frickin Drunks. When the wind died on Saturday at 3pm or so fishin got tough. We were long lining with leeches. Had a group of buddies get 7 slots during the same time frame. Bite seemed pretty good considering the cold front that came in and all the boats.

We got around 20 in our group largest being 27". 3/4 caught on lindys. the others at night with bobbers. There was also a boating accident out by Fishers where a guy T-boned another boat. The guys were pretty banged up including a broking femar, dislocated hip, and some cuts. Not good just be safe out there when theres that many boats out there.

good fishing!! terrible news - - whats with all the Mille Lacs boating accidents lately?!?! people need to put the drinks down and open their eyes!!

Fished on Monday and did well on the North end again.We boated 17 fish from 14"-26.5".We fished from 6-10 oclock and most of them came at the end.All corks for me so far.12-14 feet have seemed to be the best.Transitions have been the key.

i am coming up tomarrow morning and wondering how the report is up there. whats working whats not, they still shallow or are people heading out to flats. thanks

I just got a report from a buddy of mine just off the lake. Sounds like it has really shut down in the last few days. He only got two fish today and talked to a number of other boats with the same story - he said the average was about 1 fish for two guys today. I am planning on going out of Fisher's tomorrow and really hope it takes a 180 with the weather change (but not holding out too much hope).

The buddy tried a few things and said the most action was on a long lindy with leeches (no bites on the shinners).

I came out of the west side of the lake and we got 6 eyes yesterday. Didn't get out this morning.

27", 26 7/8", 24 1/2", 19", 14 1/2", 14"

With the wind yesterday we tucked in next to shore about 8 to 10 fow and a Bobber rig. I wanted to go out into the wind but man it was blowin.

anybody else been out in NE side past couple days? Heard its slowed down a lot from prev weekend? Going up end of this next week wondering if I should bring a book smile

Thanks

We were up there today, and things have definitely slowed down a lot from last week. We saw very few fish caught today. Our boat had 16, 17.5, 19, 22, 25. All caught on long lindys and leeches in 21-24 feet. I think if we get a string of days of stable weather things should be great for later this week. The light winds and clear skies today made it tough.

Things do need to settle down up there (wind). I would think this weekend would still be ok but usually after Memorial weekend, the Sand bite is about over.

sand was pretty dead after thursday... im sure there are still some stragglers

yesterday the sand pretty much sucked - one boated all day (with a few hits here and there). Next weekend I would start looking to the reefs - but who knows, I am no expert.

Fished the NE end Friday morning early am - 3pm. Spent most of my time on the sand with zero luck. Mostly drug a leech with a plain leader, but also tried spinners, jig and leech, and a jig and grub. Marked a ton of fish at 19-24' on the sand, but no takers. I did limit out on zebra mussels fairy quickly, however. Tried shallower as well, with no luck. Finally managed a 17" eye and a nice perch down by Agate in 15'. The DNR officer checked my livewell and said he had seen a lot of empty ones that day.

I was sore the rest of the weekend from crashing through the waves all day.

Went out on the south end Sunday from 6 AM to 4 PM. Would have gone to NE sand but the weather called for SSW winds 10-20 mph and I didn't want to fight those waves all day. Any way I missed 7 bites and caught 2. The 7 all hit very lite (I only felt their weight) and none of them had the hook in their mouth when I set it. I gave some more time than others before setting the hook. On a poitive note, the 2 I caught were good ones (24, 26). They also hit very very lite. The 26 incher gave me quite a fight. Prior to landing it, I thought it might have been a new personal best, but it was not so - my 28 incher still stands.

i was on the NE sand few days ago had a couple hits but didnt catch anything - only saw a few others being caught... guys were catchin them in 18-21 fow... going to be heading up there again wednesday- forecast looks hot and w more high winds frown not sure if i should be re-thinking my approach... should i stick to the sand or maybe try more of the west side near fishers...? I guess it depends on how bad the wind is blowin that day but would sure like to hear some better reports so i can get focused

Fished the sand on saturday out of the Red Door, brutal conditions to say the least. Ended up with three fish for the day 16" 20" and 24" all caught on rigs with green hooks, seen a total of four other fish caught all day. All fish seen and caught came from 13-15 fow. Marked quite a few in the 18-22 fow but nothing to show for it. All in all it was cold and windy in the morning, and just plain windy in the afternoon. Was wanting to hit the south side but with the winds it just wasn't going to be happening.

Does anyone ever fish the west side in between Sherman Point and Indian Point? or off either of the points? I see a TON of posts for the North, South and East side of the lake but the west is never talked about. Anyone?

I do we do very well there at times. Wigwam bay can be verygood also. There is nice structure between those points you just have to pinpoint the fish.

The west side of the lake gets pounded. The most underfished side of the lake for years has always been the south side of the lake. If you have never fished Indian Point in the evening than I guess you would never know, but it is one of the most popular fishing spots on the lake. My brother fished the west side for opener and caught a few, but they were all too big. Most of the keeper sized fish have been coming from the north side. I had about 75% of the fish caught in my boat under 18 inches the first 3 days of the season.

We fished St. Albans Bay on Sunday (5/17). Beautiful day to be on the water after the ridiculous wind on Saturday. We ended up catching 4 nice walleyes (17", 20", 23", 25") and a jumbo perch. 19 ft. seemed to be the key depth moving as slow as possible with lindy's. There was a bit of a feeding frenzy between 10-11am as we saw several boats, including ours, land some nice fish during that time. The average size was definitely larger and it didn't look like too many were under the slot.

ive procrastinated long enough. theres just this left to do before i clean tomorrows breakfast...17-7/8". its no joke! i felt uncomfortable but measured and measured and stretched and the two guys with me said it was under too...

we put in at cove about 12:30 or 1:00 and started fishing while the wind was still blowing pretty good. that didnt last too long before it turned into one of the nicest days you can ask for.

three of us for a total caught: 27-1/2",27",26",25-1/2",(4)25",(2)24-1/2",(2)23-1/2",(2)23",(3)22-1/2",22",21-1/2",21",20-1/4",20",19-1/4",(2)10" and the one i kept.

20-22fow, pink hook with chartreuse bead was hottest, 7-10ft leader, 0.3 to 0.6 mph, rock to sand transition, 7 to 8 hours fishing, two good friends and lots of good memories...priceless!

regards,

minnesotatuff

As Far as the west ( Indian Point )- I did go out of Eddies on the 6 - 10 PM launch - Thurs 5/21. Rocks South were slow. Went to Indian Point about 7:30 PM. Launch boated 6 walleyes - 26.5, 25 and 4 slots. Hit at about 8:30 to 9:45 PM ; slip bobbers / leaches in 6' to 10' FOW.

Was realtivy slow. Saw one other boat net 5 or 6 fish. Nothing from the other 6 or 8 boats within sight.

GL Fishing

Fished Fri. Put in at Agate. Fished the deep Sand for awhile. Nothing. Moved down to the deeper water by lakeside. 2 Eyes 24" and 21". Went out to the Mud. Two Eyes a nice 27" by my Cousin Bob. (Shack, I'll send this to you to put on the photo post). And I caught a 21". What wind we had Fri., died down around 1:00. On the Mud, we did find a flat that had a partial "hatch" in an area. That's where we caught the Eyes and marked them. Other flats had nothing. Kind of strange. Befeore we called it quits, we fished in Front of Agate. Caught a 20". and lost two more. Called it quits around 3:30. Nice day to be on the water with out hurricane winds.

We boated 9 fish last night on the inside of Sherman Point. 8 to 10 FOW. 6 keepers. Slip bobber, red hook, some with 1 or 2 red beeds above the hook. All in all it was a pretty good night. They started biting from 8:30pm to 9:45pm or so.

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports