• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
shooter_mcgavin

Fishing closer to shore?

shooter_mcgavin

Lately all the good reports are coming from 4, 5, 6+ miles out on the ice roads. Are there any fish holding closer to shore anymore?

Looking at the lake map, we only have to go 1/2 mile out from shore to find 14+ FOW from where we are staying (just east of Rogers). We'll be dragging the portbales with snowmobiles out from the cabin, so it would be great if we could catch something a little closer to shore.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• partyonpine
      You guys catching them on pike suckers or chubs?  Hopefully the wind dies down this afternoon.  Coming up with a big group to help me do the docks and 2 of the hoists.  I have the requisite adult beverages need to get them some fish for the frying pan.
    • monstermoose78
      Basswood 
    • Ruslan_fisher
      I've been using the "modern step" scales for about a year now. I bought them on Amazon. They have very good reviews, and the scales are very convenient and suitable for weighing anything.  Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Accurate-Reloading-Modern-Step/dp/B01N25OC6P/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536218450&sr=8-1&keywords=fish+scale
    • delcecchi
      The Vermillion south of MSP is spelled with two "l"s. The one in this forum only has one.
    • leech~~
      It's always nice when you have a week to get everything nicely packed, organized and ready to go. 🙂 It's just that few hours when you get home tired and dump it all in a big dirty pile to sort out that suk! 😆   Gook Luck!
    • monstermoose78
      Good luck and many the ducks fall after you shoot!!
    • Wanderer
      For all the stuff I thought I had at my fingertips to pack, I sure am taking all week to get it done!  At least I have all my supplies.  I just keep tinkering on this and that, not getting it bagged up!   Leaving tomorrow morning around 9 and should have the entire afternoon to scout our top areas.  We’ll land somewhere in the northern third of the state.
    • chaffmj
      Basswood lake!
    • Bigfatbert
      Whatchya mean Cliff with this hear reply ? Maybe your puttin in too many hrs on the Big V , maybe up to early ??
    • leech~~
      If your local to that area may be you could talk to the city and get a bunch of folks together for a clean up day sometime?