• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
MarFish

Powers lake in Lake Elmo

MarFish

wondering if anyone has fished and what if any you have caught the DNR website says stocked well and kindda want to try seen people catch some nice wallys out there couple years ago

bloc004

I have been out there a few times. Alot of small perch and sunnies, one crappie, and one nice northern. Other than that pretty slow each day, but I have not worked further back yet tho.

hunt4food

Hello MarFish....I see you are fairly new to FM. Welcome!! The forum you are posting in is more specific to fishing the St. Croix River. You may want to consider posting your other lake questions to the "East Central Lakes" or the "metro area lakes and rivers" forums. Good luck!

NAGORSKI

This lake is located in Woodbury and is pretty small.I do beleive it was a stocked lake by the DNR but any thing I have caught out there has been really small sunnies and crappies.

deathmatch782

went out there 2 weekends ago for my test run on new equipment, caught a bunch of small perch and a few decent gills

fishwater

Hello MarFish....I see you are fairly new to FM. Welcome!! The forum you are posting in is more specific to fishing the St. Croix River. You may want to consider posting your other lake questions to the "East Central Lakes" or the "metro area lakes and rivers" forums. Good luck!

+1

Burchoid

Yup... Woodbury not Lake Elmo.

Grew up fishing the lake. Have a 29" walleye on my wall out of Powers Lake.

With the introduction of millfoil, the city screwing the with water level, and locals lining up by the 100's in the spring when the crappies were over 9", the lake is pretty much garbage now.

[Note from admin: Edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Cedarcreek

I agree with Burchoid I grew up fishing it. Went to school in woodbury and fished that lake alot over the years the fish run small not worth th effort. Look elsewhere for better fishing almost anywhere.

bloc004

The northern I got out of there was just over 6 lbs, so there are some bigger fish, but I do agree there is better fishing!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• papadarv
      Keys to make the blade work well. *Sharp! *Cutting edge needs to line up to the Gullet of the opposite blade! *Add a .020 shim 1/8" wide between blade screw and cutting edge. Increases cut angle to same as K-Drill! I'm working on another set welding  1/4" piece of blade to the outside blade edge extending the blade 1/2" past auger flight making it a full 8" hole. Note how the K-drill blade extends 1/2" past the auger flights.  
    • leech~~
      I like your blade work as well. Two summers ago when I sold my hand auger at my garage I think I throw out about 4 sets of those old blades as well!  😣
    • papadarv
      Made the drill point out of a spade drill bit welded to a 3/8” 16 bolt/screw than cut & ground to shape the point. Drilled & tapped center of blade bracket. Tap slowly as that steel seem a grade or two above basic mild steel.
    • bluewater2
      Thank you  
    • leech~~
      That is some sweet work right there. I see these at garage sales all summer, may be I should start picking them up?  Looks like you added a drill point on the end of them as well. The adapters and the end point are key items on making these right.
    • papadarv
      I went a different route, got several vintage Mora 7 1/2" hand augers $10 to $15 each with the old hardened sweedish steel blades modified to replicate K-drill style blades #5. Went with clam plate 3/4" drive bit & M18 Fuel Mud Mixer worked ok on early ice #1. Wanted to try my DeWalt/Jiffy so converted to the 7/8" drive bit, didn't have the power to cut the agressive blade #2. Later ice in Wheelhouse, went with my Eskimo 43cc with a Walker 25' flex exhaust out the door, cut 32" ice in 27 seconds #3. Ran 4 1/2 holes to 1 of my buddies new green ION 8in. Made some adapters to put the 7/8" auger bits on my Clam Plate and Mud Mixer#4 for early ice this comming season.
    • Wanderer
    • ANYFISH2
      OUCH!!! 6 players down to injury in one game.  We were thin at O-line depth before, now we have "1st" line players having to play nearly an entire preseason game, because we dont have enough bodies!  This is going to be major issue going forward.   Overall, not a good showing offensively. Jacksonville is a very good defensive team, but we definitely need to be better.   Defense, look pretty good!  We need to complete turnover chances, at a better rate.     3rd RB race is going to be fun to watch.   Special teams, are kinda leaving me wondering.  Punt coverage is quite shaky.  Carlson is looking more like our guy, after Forbath missed a 41 yd fg.
    • Borch
      That's ok.  Was a good day on the water.  Took my wife out this afternoon and had a nice day fishing.
    • ANYFISH2
      Bass, especially Smallmouth Bass.   Why are they my favorite? A symptom of growing up along the Mississippi I would imagine.  The walk along the shores of The Miss. have given me pretty much every species that swims here.  Nothing get me more excited than the acrobatics or the will of a Smallmouth.   In open water I just seem more drawn to grab the bass bag and chase bass more than other species.  Come fall, it will be tunnel vision, bronzebacks.