• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

bluwng

Coming up this weekend. Staying on Pine Point. Anyone know if there are any roads out of there. Have 1 sled. Could bring some ATVs but it sounds like they're not much use. Hoping to get out a ways with the trucks, go from there.

addictedjerry

I too am curious about truck/wheelhouse access onto leech lake.

I spoke to many of the resorts around walker and none of the ones i have talked with have plowed roads. A few of them claimed there is decent access out of the public access in walker. One of the resorts i talked to said Anderson's Grand Vu has roads plowed, i have tried to call them 4 or 5 times with no success.

I really want to bring the wheel house up (never fished leech), but without confirmation, it's not looking good.

tweeder

from what I have heard if your fishing walker bay don't bother bringing anything other than your snowmobile and portable unless you want to spend your time shoveling.

I have also heard that there are limited roads off Andersons Grand Vu. However it didn't sound like you could explore to far off those roads unless you had snowmobiles.

I 'm on pine point and will be up there this weekend. might be to late for some of you but will report back on the status.

addictedjerry

After spending the past hour or so on the phone tracking down information, this is what i found;

the public access in walker, onto walker bay, is tough going and snowmobiles are recommended.

if you want roads and the ability to get onto the lake with a vehicle, the only resort i have been told with roads is Anderson's grand Vu on Pine Point. 3 other resorts around the area, as well as his dad, have confirmed this.

Looks like i'll be bringing up the wheel house after all. grin

edited to add; more or less what Tweeder said above.

tweeder

What color is the wheel house, well keep an eye out for you in your in the pine point area and make sure you don't get stuck! we will be on the sleds wink

addictedjerry

Thanks tweeder, hoping to be on the lake around 3ish.

brown wheelhouse with a red and green door, can't miss it.

will be my first time fishing leech, so any advice will be appreciated

Vex Guy

I think with the thaw thats coming statewide next week will settle alot of the snow down. The following week cold again.

Hopefully with the melt down and a hard refreeze, we will be able travel again!!

tweeder

Thanks tweeder, hoping to be on the lake around 3ish.

brown wheelhouse with a red and green door, can't miss it.

will be my first time fishing leech, so any advice will be appreciated

Not sure If we are going up now this weekend or not, if we do will keep an eye out for you. If its perch your looking for the pine point area is pretty popular, the Grand Vu side has been the best for me in the past. Dont get a lot of walleyes out there, usually head into walker bay and fish the humps for those.

Good luck

Just not sure where you will be able to get to.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• PSU
      Any recent fishing reports for Frazer/Smarts Bay area. Didn't fish much last weekend (maybe four hours), but it was REALLY slow for me. First time I haven't keep a keeper in quite some time. Depths, technique and bait choice would be welcomed! 
    • Grindstone29
      Fins - same for me yesterday.  Fished three hours in the evening last night.  Pretty big wind still at 7pm.  Caught 5 walleye (all dinks) and a northern.  I went out for two hours this morning, mainly graphing.  Stopped near Cranberry Island and caught one 15 inch for dinner.  Will go out again this evening for advanced scouting.  Big group coming up over the 4th of July and they are expecting to catch fish.  Maybe i'll have to reset expectations... 
    • Hoey
      I do not target smallies, but I do run across them when fishing shallow, rocky areas, typically along the shore and back in the small bays.  The ones we have caught were nice and strong, running from 19 to 21 inches.  Good Luck.
    • SkunkedAgain
      At least a decade ago, I was fishing in Head O Lakes west off Taylors Island when I got a heavy snag in 35ft. I kept pulling up what felt like a log until it appeared at the surface. It was the underwater power line that I think runs out to the island where everyone fishes muskies. I carefully unhooked my jig and let the line fall back into place in the lake.   I'll keep an eye out for your prop!
    • SkunkedAgain
      I called the Soudan Mine today and was told that you can't leave your boat at the landing in Stuntz Bay. She said that it was "strongly frowned upon" and that she wasn't aware of any way to boat to the mine. Maybe that will be something that happens in the future.
    • tacklejunkie
      That middle picture looks like a decent size bluegill.    When my kids were little like that, it was the bluegills that kept them interested in fishing
    • tacklejunkie
      Went out of Duluth and found some cleaner water. Got two right away on a 57 Chevy Jim’s flashback spoon trolled  behind a small Dipsy diver.  After that, absolutely nothing more. Feeling discouraged, I went into the bay  in an attempt to redeem myself and trolled crawler harnesses behind small planer boards and picked up some walleyes.    That’s one of the benefits of living near Lake Superior.. You can troll out on the lake and catch lake trout and salmon and just a boat ride away puts you on some great walleye fishing  without having to trailer your boat again 
    • BIGFISH.JZ
      Without fishing in my life, I'd never get to see sights like this sunrise on one of my favorite smallie lakes. This was my second lake of the day already this morning.😁
    • fins_n'_feathers
      Fished for a few hours this afternoon after the rain went through and the wind died down a bit. Tried a good dozen places in between black bay and the Brule and only got around 10 fish for the effort. The water was still pretty much ice cold at a cool 65 degrees in the main lake. We checked a few off shore reefs and saw zero signs of life on the ones we checked. The places we did get a few fish was were there was a rock to mud transition near shore on points. All in all another tough outing for us and on a side note, on the way in we pulled cranks in shallow water and the May flys were thick on the surface on the wind blown side. 
    • rkhinrichs
      I fished at the Forbes canoe access below the dam one day. And caught a 16 inch on a fly. I will give it a float and report back after the fourth