• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

bluwng

Coming up this weekend. Staying on Pine Point. Anyone know if there are any roads out of there. Have 1 sled. Could bring some ATVs but it sounds like they're not much use. Hoping to get out a ways with the trucks, go from there.

addictedjerry

I too am curious about truck/wheelhouse access onto leech lake.

I spoke to many of the resorts around walker and none of the ones i have talked with have plowed roads. A few of them claimed there is decent access out of the public access in walker. One of the resorts i talked to said Anderson's Grand Vu has roads plowed, i have tried to call them 4 or 5 times with no success.

I really want to bring the wheel house up (never fished leech), but without confirmation, it's not looking good.

tweeder

from what I have heard if your fishing walker bay don't bother bringing anything other than your snowmobile and portable unless you want to spend your time shoveling.

I have also heard that there are limited roads off Andersons Grand Vu. However it didn't sound like you could explore to far off those roads unless you had snowmobiles.

I 'm on pine point and will be up there this weekend. might be to late for some of you but will report back on the status.

addictedjerry

After spending the past hour or so on the phone tracking down information, this is what i found;

the public access in walker, onto walker bay, is tough going and snowmobiles are recommended.

if you want roads and the ability to get onto the lake with a vehicle, the only resort i have been told with roads is Anderson's grand Vu on Pine Point. 3 other resorts around the area, as well as his dad, have confirmed this.

Looks like i'll be bringing up the wheel house after all. grin

edited to add; more or less what Tweeder said above.

tweeder

What color is the wheel house, well keep an eye out for you in your in the pine point area and make sure you don't get stuck! we will be on the sleds wink

addictedjerry

Thanks tweeder, hoping to be on the lake around 3ish.

brown wheelhouse with a red and green door, can't miss it.

will be my first time fishing leech, so any advice will be appreciated

Vex Guy

I think with the thaw thats coming statewide next week will settle alot of the snow down. The following week cold again.

Hopefully with the melt down and a hard refreeze, we will be able travel again!!

tweeder

Thanks tweeder, hoping to be on the lake around 3ish.

brown wheelhouse with a red and green door, can't miss it.

will be my first time fishing leech, so any advice will be appreciated

Not sure If we are going up now this weekend or not, if we do will keep an eye out for you. If its perch your looking for the pine point area is pretty popular, the Grand Vu side has been the best for me in the past. Dont get a lot of walleyes out there, usually head into walker bay and fish the humps for those.

Good luck

Just not sure where you will be able to get to.