• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Lunker71

Thinkin about headin out

Lunker71

Thinkin about comin up in the next couple days wondering how the bite is and can a guy get around with a portable and wheeler? Thanks in advance

machohorn

Last weekend there were wheelers out and about. they were running roads until they got close, then either looked for a low sopt along the road banks or parked and walked out. once they got past the banks they run pretty good. But since then they have a lot more snow. The roads all lead to some good spots so you should be good to go. Good Luck!

Lunker71

Thanks alot machohorn

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Surface Tension
      Saturday we hit the South Shore in 30-60' for water.  Multiple hits and releases off the boards, dipseys, and downriggers but no hookups. Went something like 1 for 10 with a nice 29" walleye taken off a pink Husky Jerk and 3 oz of lead on board line.  Marked quite a few fish throughout that depth. 
    • delcecchi
      The pictures were from Amazon, if you can't find it locally.   Jann's Netcraft has a lot of that stuff also. Comes in a variety of thicknesses/strengths.   Some folks use crimped sleeves especially with the thicker stuff.       
    • Wanderer
      Yup!  14 will get cut, as will 20 from time to time.  I’ve run enough different fluorocarbon to get to the conclusion 20 lb is the best combination of fish ability and pike protection for the gear I use.  Anything less and the bite offs are easy.  Anything more and the stiffness kills the action too much and is hard to tie.   I’ll be looking for those leader materials you posted though.  I need something like that for a couple muskie rigs I want to experiment with.
    • delcecchi
      Vermilion is in low 70's
    • delcecchi
      A decent pike will bite through 20 pound flouro in a heatbeat.  Certtainly 14 pound like happened to me yesterday....
    • srj
      Still a good bite on the rocks, just fewer humps having fish. Takes some searching to find a group. However, the fish still on the rocks are biters...and some big ones. I've been spending part of each day pulling cranks with lead core or flat lining and that is putting lots of fish in the boat also. I'm not seeing the huge schools in the mud anymore, just pods here and there but very fishable. Also catching some jigging. The water is amazingly cool still...below 70 every morning off the south shore. It has been a while since so many fish have been hanging within a few miles of the south shore. Boats are scattered over a huge area from around 28 feet and out. Sure nice not having to make long runs all the time. Fall fishing could be terrific this year with all the fish still on the south side. Forgot to mention the lack of algae blooms. Can't remember a year without major blooms by mid August. Good luck
    • srj
      Thanks Hoey.
    • delcecchi
      Good luck.  There are a gazillion of those corner caps online.   
    • PSU
      Excellent Del, closest one I have seen so far! Thanks a bunch, I'll check it out
    • delcecchi
      I did a google on "corner cap" and gunwale corner cap.... Saw some stuff that looked like it would work.   here is one.   this is from Australia but probably could find something here.   Also a bunch of pontoon stuff might be adaptable.     Another thought is to look at Lund models and find one that uses the same hull as your boat only is more recent....   My guess is that Lund has been using basically the same hulls for a bunch of different models for years.   I bet you can find one that has similar corner caps as what you need.   You could even give them a call.